Author Topic: Another use for frozen mud ponds  (Read 879 times)

Offline Celia

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 17/09/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Another use for frozen mud ponds
« on: January 29, 2008, 10:00:30 AM »
Ok third attempt to post this pic.  This was last week when ponds were frozen, today they are beautiful, 65 and sunny, until the storm moves in later today. Pond is a neighbor's pond but close enough I get to enjoy it too. 
Celia

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Another use for frozen mud ponds
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 10:38:09 AM »
How cool is that to have Visitors from Canada, eh, skate on your pond (nice to have neighbors with such a huge pond)? 

Are these geese wintering in Missouri or lost.  We have many Canadian geese wintering in our local public lakes and ponds.

Offline Celia

• Members
  • With us since: 17/09/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 10:53:53 AM »
Yes, they seem to like our weather, we have lots of them staying in the area.  I just love watching them, I never get tired of seeing them fly over or land out back.
Celia

Offline GarryT

• Members
  • Zone 2b
  • With us since: 21/08/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 12:31:13 PM »
I was wondering where our Canada Geese ended up! However I think I would have flown a few more miles south to get to warmer weather still. But it's still a far cry from their summer home up here in the prairies of Canada where today we are braving -26C and a windchill of -44C (that's -45F). We have thousands of them that nest right here in the city of Winnipeg in the spring & summer. So many around the urban artificial "lake" communities that they are sometimes considered a nuisance for all the noise and goose poop that they leave behind. Beautiful birds and I'm looking forward to hearing those first "honks" from above heralding the coming of a new spring.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"