Author Topic: I hope you don't mind...  (Read 6425 times)

Offline Bullfrog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 28/04/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
I hope you don't mind...
« on: February 10, 2008, 07:48:43 AM »
But I invited a few friends over.  :hug:

There is a local board that stays in a lot of turmoil due to a few malcontents. I invited just the good ones here last night and this morning.

I hope that they stop on this thread and say hello and introduce themselves.

To my friends that I invited here, make sure that you check out the other forums, particularly the DIY and photo forums.

Never leave your partner, especially in a fire.

Offline Krista

• Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: I hope you don't mind...
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2008, 10:02:48 AM »
Sounds like a plan :)  O0
Mom of twins, knitting nut, and want to get back into water gardening.

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2008, 10:41:35 AM »
Any friend of yours is a friend of mine.  Welcome Aboard Folks!    And of course friends always loan friends money.  Can I borrow $20?  I'll gladly pay you back Wednesday for 20 bucks today....  :D ;)
American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2008, 10:47:19 AM »
Maybe we can indoctrinate them and talk them into a pond. LOL Are they aware we are all pond nuts?

Offline Bullfrog

• Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2008, 11:31:45 AM »
Maybe we can indoctrinate them and talk them into a pond. LOL Are they aware we are all pond nuts?

They will find out soon enough. There is so much more to this forum than just ponds though. The pictures and projects, crafts and advice. Between Esther and Tinkster there is enough talent to open a really unique shop.

Besides the good company, everyone here is really nice and helpfull.

And by the way newcomers, Mikey is good for the money.  ;)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 05:04:03 PM by Bullfrog »

Offline Bartender

• Members
  • With us since: 10/02/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Texas Wildcatters Booster Club
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2008, 02:03:24 PM »
Hello, Bartender here. Bullfrog and I go wayyyy back. You don't have to hold that against him, though!  ;)

I don't have a pond, unless you count my yard when it rains. Actually, it's more like a lake.

The name Bartender comes from my job, though I don't serve drinks or alcohol. I just deal with lots of people on a daily basis, and sometimes they just need someone to listen. Thus, the name.

I haven't even put my bags down or looked around yet, but I'm sure that any place BF says is alright is really cool. I'd trust him with my children's lives.

Oh, by the way, I'm reaallllllllllly shy.   8)

lol
I shall pass through this world but once. Any good, therefore, that I can do or any kindness I can show to any human being, let me do it now...for I shall not pass this way again. --William Penn
[IMG]

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2008, 02:18:48 PM »
Like I believe that, Bartender. LOL. Well I hope you like it here. I didn't notice. Where are you from? Tell us about yourself. And if you have pictures, we especially like pictures. You know, we're like kindergarteners.

Seeing most of us are pond or at least water feature based, you will find this place pretty quiet during the winter months. You'd better be careful though, ponding is addictive. But you don't have to have an actual pond to enjoy water or the sound of running water. Some of us enjoy pots of water on the deck with mini lilies and maybe a couple of pond plants in them. Some have maybe a fountain or disappearing stream or waterfall. Then there are some who practically have lake sized ponds. As you can see on my signature picture (get a magnifying glass) mine is not very large. It's just small enough for me to comfortably handle. Just remember, you have been duly warned.

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
  • With us since: 23/01/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2008, 02:54:40 PM »

Seeing most of us are pond or at least water feature based, you will find this place pretty quiet during the winter months.

Esther, now that's not true! I can hardly keep up in this chatty place lol And I was nick named the yappin gal in a forum lol
P.S. I almost forgot to say Welcome  bartender! I'm with Esther tho on the shy stuff!
I'm just happier outside!
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline Bartender

• Members
  • With us since: 10/02/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Texas Wildcatters Booster Club
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2008, 03:23:47 PM »
Thanks for the welcome, Ladies. I live in the same little town as Bullfrog in the armpit of Southeast Texas: Lumberton.

Still recovering from the nasty upper respiratory bug, but when I feel more up to it, I'll try to update my profile and maybe find a pretty picture to post. I don't do pics of me...not on purpose, at least!

I'm happily married (3rd time was a charm) and have 3 kids, ages 25 (son) and 18 (son/dtr) twins. I have a 16 yr old high maintenance kitty cat, a cockatiel, and I have one grandDOG.

I stay busy with work and serve as public information officer on the board of Project Graduation 2008 board for our high school, treasurer for our athletic booster club, and VP of Fundraising for the Texas Wildcatters Booster Club (ECHL--minor pros).

I do more posting when I'm actually at work, as I work 7on/7off/12hrs, and tend to have some down time. I don't always post just to post...at least I try to make sure I have something to say.  :-\

I shall pass through this world but once. Any good, therefore, that I can do or any kindness I can show to any human being, let me do it now...for I shall not pass this way again. --William Penn
[IMG]

Offline Bullfrog

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2008, 05:03:19 PM »
What an humble and gentle introduction you made for yourself Bartender. Don't let her fool you. Bartender and I do go way back. She is a lady medic and a lifesaver. She and I have sweated bullets together in people's living rooms and in the back of an ambulance together.

She is now the lifeline between your family and help. When you call 911 and are at the end of your rope and someone is dying, she is the one who holds your hand until help gets there.

She is the one who sends help and listens to life and death play out. She takes these memories home and tries to go to sleep later. this makes her hug her kids a little tighter.

Bartender my dear friend, I'm so glad to see you here. You are in really good company. There are so many good hearts here that there is no way to name names. You will soon see what I mean. It is the best group of posters that I have ever met.

Bartender and I once made a really critical call together. An elderly couple had settled in for a nap in thier recliners in front of the TV. When she woke up, she found that her husband of 30 something years was dead.

She called 911 and then quietly sat back in her chair and also had a heart attack from the stress of it all. When we arrived the whole family was there pointing at Dad. Dad was obviously dead, cold dead to the touch.

Bartender looked at Mom and said, "She doesn't look so good."

I looked and said...

"She isn't breathing" This was a really memorable call. Please, if you will Bartender, take the story up from here. (It does get better)

Offline Bullfrog

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2008, 05:30:00 PM »
I'm still waiting. I'm waiting for the rest of my friends to arrive and really introduce themselve's. Bubbles is really special and a good heart.  We share a lot of common ground.

We both lost a child to suicide. We hold each other up when sometimes the night gets dark or the sun is shining and the memories creep in and hurt us. We help each other. We cry to the other and a shoulder is always there.

Texasbelle5 is facing brain cancer with a strength and dignity that I cannot imagine. She is such a beautiful, clever spirit. I look for her words every day. C'mon Dana, I want you to meet Esther and her grandson.

Yorkie is also her good friend and mine, what a character. I pray for her Mother every day.

Mell, Becca, Reesa, and the rest of my gang. I hope that they join us here, they have so much to add.

C'mon Darksiders, don't be shy.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 05:42:48 PM by Bullfrog »

Offline tracey_shafer

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2008, 05:53:14 PM »
Bullfrog I so look forward to meeting the rest of your friends. Any friend of yours is a friend of mine  @O@

Offline bunny56lbc

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/09/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2008, 06:28:09 PM »
WELCOME BARTENDER ! There's a lot of good folk's in here .bonnie

Offline Mikey

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2008, 07:53:24 PM »
I can't even imagine loosing a child. 

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2008, 06:42:24 AM »
Oh mercy, all along I thought Bartender was a guy. Good thing I didn't say anything.

Offline barb

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Connecticut
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2008, 07:09:10 AM »
Me too, Esther!  I don't even know why.

Welcome to all the newbies, and it's only a matter of time before we tempt you into creating your own pond.   8)

Offline alwayssomethin

• Members
  • With us since: 11/02/2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2008, 08:34:04 AM »
HI everyone!!!

Thanks for the invite Bullfrog, looks like a really nice place here.

I'm alwayssomethin, cause with my crew there is always somethin goin on.
I'm a stay at home mom of Reba 16, Robin 13, Brooke 10, Jeremy 7, Elizabeth 4(until the 18th), and my hubby Mike. 

We live in Kountze, TX.  I'm about 7 miles north of Bartender.  We have 5 horses, 2 dogs, 6 cats, and 1 chicken(that's a story in it's self). We are pretty much country folk.  We raise some of our own food every now and then. 

Oldest 2 girls are active in band and the youth group at our church.  Me and Mike work with our AWANA program at church for kiddos from 3yrs to 6th grade.  Like I said, I'm a stay at home mom and enjoy every minute of it, though hectic at times.  Mike teaches auto mechanics and before that was a diesel mechanic for Ford for about 15yrs.

I don't have a pond but I do love them.  A couple down the street from us has a small one.  I tell myself every day how cute it is and I'd like to have one.  My son would probable drag out the fishing pole and try to catch the fish though.  He went fishing with a friend and brought home 2 little perch.  He threw a fit til daddy set up the ole fish aquarium and put them in there.  They lasted about a week. 

Gonna go check everything out!!!
God Bless
Mel

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2008, 08:57:51 AM »
You are all very welcome, of course.   I think we will have 800 members by May easy!
Thanks Bullfrog! O0 o(:-)
On a scale of 1 to 10 Bullfrog gets 10 gribbets!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 07:36:52 AM by Jerry »
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

Offline Mikey

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2008, 09:09:55 AM »
I too assumed Bartender was a guy as that is the stereotype my mind conjured up.

Welcome aboard folks! 

Are all of you associated in some way as either being neighbors or connected to rescue?

Offline Bullfrog

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2008, 09:36:25 AM »
I almost hijacked my own thread. Bartender, we can move the war stories to a separate thread. We can keep this one open in case more show up so they can introduce themselves like Always did.

Or maybe Bartender can tell you all about her grand entrance at Graduation night.  lol

We all are on a local board in Beaumont, Texas but there is so much conflict there that I wanted them to have a nice place to play so I invited them here.

Stick around Always, you'll like the people here.

Offline Bullfrog

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2008, 09:46:20 AM »
I may be mistaken. Bartender dispatchers the Air Rescue helicopter for a pretty large hospital but I'm not sure if she also handles 911 calls. Tell us Bartender.

Offline Desertponder

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2008, 10:16:45 AM »
Very cool!! Welcome to all of Bullfrogs friends! @O@ We're glad to have you here. :)

There are several of us who are also in EMS/FF professions.
Shanna
A true-blue kiddie pool, whiskey barrel & stock tank  ponder! :yes:
If it can hold water.....it's a watergarden!

Offline Bullfrog

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2008, 01:18:17 PM »
I'm really glad that Always showed up. We have our own very small forum but it does not get a lot of traffic. She won't post on the other board that I mentioned because of the evil ones there who constantly stir the pot. Maybe this will give her a place to chat as she is really a good heart.

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2008, 01:47:09 PM »
Naturally Bullfrog's friends are Welcomed to the Family!   @O@

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
  • With us since: 23/01/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2008, 02:51:01 PM »
 :welcome: To all bullfrogs friends. Yep we just may convince all of them to start digging!!!!!
I'm just happier outside!
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline Jonna

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 03/09/2006
    • View Profile
    • Blah... blah... blah... Ginger!
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2008, 10:41:56 PM »
Welcome! Friends of the Bullfrog!  We're happy to have you hop into our puddle  O0

I loved Esther saying we are like kindergarteners, we want pictures!!  We don't care much if they are pictures of people, what we really like are pictures of gardens and pets and ponds! 

Since some of you are weather restricted and don't have much going on outside in the winter, it's ok not to put up pictures.  But, come spring, we'd love to see the flowers and the fields and then we'll get you outside with a shovel and pretty soon, you'll have pictures of ponds to show us.  We especially like pictures of other people working, digging those ponds.  Heh!

Offline bubbles

• Members
  • With us since: 09/02/2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2008, 10:43:25 PM »
Hi everyone !

My name is Bubbles.  I raise Registered Foundation Quarter Horses, which is where my name comes from.  I took my name from one of my horses, Half Bubble Off (yep, that was really her name) which passed away recently.  

My horses are my life.  I have 6 broodmares and 3 studs.  Only a small operation but it sure keeps me busy.  I am waiting for the colts to start being born, which will begin in March.  

I live in a little country town called Kirbyville, Texas.  I am married to my soul mate whom I love dearly.  I also have 4 dogs, 1 anti social cat.  

Bullfrog is a very dear friend.  I would trust my life and my childrens life to him.  I would also trust my horses lives to him so that says a lot right there.

I don't have a pond but I have looked at many of yours.  They are absolutely gorgeous.  

Thanks you for letting me join your forum.  
God forbid I should go to any Heaven in which there are no horses.

Offline Bullfrog

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2008, 08:52:36 AM »
I'm so glad that my friends are coming over and posting here. Bartender, Always and Bubbles, you will love the people here. Also go and look at the photo forums.

It's really good to see you here and you are in good company.

Offline cyber-hazard

• Members
  • With us since: 12/02/2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2008, 06:25:12 PM »
Hi,

Finally got registered. @O@

I go by cyber-hazard on the other site as well.

Nice to meet all of you.

I might not post too often, as I have a very busy life with work and all, but I will always be keeping an eye reading.

Once again, nice to meet all of you.

Offline Islandgirl

• Members
  • With us since: 12/02/2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2008, 06:00:36 AM »
Hi Y'all -

I finally got registered.  I am a friend of Bullfrog's and very glad to meet all of you.  I messed up somehow in registering and had to start over, but I am here now and this seems like such a nice place.  I am from a town about 25 miles south of where Bullfrog lives called Port Neches, TX.  I don't have a pond but am looking forward to some landscaping tips for this Spring.   :)

Y'all have a great day!!!  o(   :D  ( I just like the little fishy, so I had to put him on here)

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"