Author Topic: Purple Loosestrife  (Read 1038 times)

Offline Marilyn C

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 12/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Purple Loosestrife
« on: February 12, 2008, 08:09:21 AM »
I am looking for purple loosestrife.  No lectures, please.   I know it is a very bad problem in some areas.   It is extremely difficult to grow here...Texas Gulf coast.

I had a small clump for about 10 years.  Not more than 8" across.  It lived but it didn't thrive and it didn't spread.  Last year, I let the pond it was growing by, dry up, and tho it was growing in moist ground on the bank, when the raccoons came to investigate the pond, their path was right over the top of it, and from the constant traffic, it died.

I have a variety of plants I could trade....I may have what you are looking for.  Not necessary to trade now, since I know it is still winter where many of you live.   If you want a tropical from me, you would have to wait awhile too.

If you have some and would like to line up a trade for in a couple of months...or whenever, please let me know.

Offline Bonnie

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Purple Loosestrife
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 11:06:03 AM »
Hi Marilyn!

I have some that I can share as long as it survives the winter.(it always has)

It's supposed to be a non invasive variety which might be true because I've never noticed any starts anywhere.

Take Care,
Bonnie

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"