Author Topic: Please pray, again.  (Read 2825 times)

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Please pray, again.
« on: February 12, 2008, 07:38:12 PM »
Two of them have strep. Braeden was running a fever this morning so was taken to the hospital where they hydrated him and did an IV of antibiotics. He was sent back home and while going home their mini van's check engine light came on and they couldn't get it in for repair until Thursday. Oh and Dawn doesn't feel well either.

Tonight Kevin was trying to go to the drugstore to get cough syrup and he was driving my van and it got stuck in their driveway. He's pretty frustrated.

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Please pray, again.
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 08:21:00 PM »
You got it!  Poor guys. 

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline Bullfrog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 28/04/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 08:22:20 PM »
Sending prayers, this family has been through enough.

Never leave your partner, especially in a fire.

Offline Krista

• Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2008, 10:18:20 PM »
ugh :( they just can not catch a break can they... they are in my thoughts as are you.
Mom of twins, knitting nut, and want to get back into water gardening.

Offline barb

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Connecticut
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2008, 05:22:01 AM »
I'm so sorry to hear that, Esther.  They are in my thoughts and prayers!

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
  • With us since: 23/01/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2008, 08:43:19 AM »
Always in my prayers! All of you
I'm just happier outside!
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline frloplady

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2008, 09:28:11 AM »
check engine isn't usually a major thing..a sensor or something may be wrong
Mary

Offline bunny56lbc

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/09/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2008, 09:35:30 AM »
I haven't stoped praying , Esther .
Keeping the faimly in my prayer's.

bonnie

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2008, 01:29:48 PM »
Well, it's a better day. The sun is shining and it is warmer. Kevin managed to get his car out of his driveway. The previous evening he had talked with someone who mentioned that sometimes a loose gas cap can trigger a check engine light. So he filled the gas tank and tightened the cap that WAS loose. Eventually the light went out. Eliana got up and said she felt fine so he shipped her off to school. He slept all night on the couch with Braeden to give Dawn a good night's sleep. She's still feeling punky and tossed her cookies this morning but Cindi wondered if that could be from her pregnancy. Don't know. Anyway Braeden's temperature was still normal so that was a relief. This morning he was headed out to get my van unstuck and suppose he accomplished it. He was going to call the snow plow guy and get the driveway cleaned out.

Thanks for your prayers and concern. It helps me to have people to tell my troubles to and know that they will help shoulder them while taking them to the Father with me. 

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2008, 07:59:45 PM »
Prayers and thoughts always with you and your family!

tinkster

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2008, 08:27:53 PM »
I'm with froglady.......my check engine light came on and off for awhile.  Now it just stays on.  They put it on a small computer, and it threw several codes.  It runs fine, so I'm not too worried about it. 

Keep the faith!

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline Bullfrog

• Members
  • With us since: 28/04/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2008, 04:05:14 AM »
Esther, there is one thing that I know I'm going to do every single day several times a day and that is crank my truck. I make it a point when I do this to talk to God.

I pray for my wife and my friends and Braeden is on my list every day. You keep up that great faith that you have and we will all be here to pray with you also.

Never leave your partner, especially in a fire.

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2008, 05:51:02 AM »
Thanks Bullfrog. Like I said earlier, it helps me to know that others are helping me shoulder this burden and praying for the little guy.

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2008, 09:23:03 AM »
Well darn!! Braeden's test revealed that he has an infection in or around the Pic line so will be hospitalized until they get it under control. Dawn feels better. At least since she will stay with Braeden, it will be a forced rest for her. That is good.

Ian is being taken back to the med center because his sore throat is not going away and Kevin now is feeling like he is coming down with something. YUCK!!

Offline marla

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 14/02/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2008, 12:03:20 PM »
prayers all around Esther. It's so hard when your immune system is compramised, good luck to him.   My mom has had a bad cold the last couple weeks and  it has really run her down, they have canceled her chemo because of low blood counts, Tues. she will go in for a 2 unit blood transfusion.
Adopt the pace of nature;
Her secret is patience.
Town of Genesee, WI  zone 4

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2008, 05:13:17 AM »
Bad day yesterday but it sounds like it'll be better today. They took the Broviac line out permanently. I believe it is the feeding line and seeing he is finally eating again, he doesn't need it anyway. Trouble was, they couldn't schedule him in surgery and just wanted to work him in between other ones. It was finally accomplished at 9:00 last night.  So he couldn't eat all day. Then he had some procedure of medication and had a reaction and had hives all over his body. So they gave him benedryl which normally makes a person sleepy. Not him----he got real ornery instead. Poor Dawn must have been exhausted. He has that Cdif diarrhea again probably from the antibiotics started last Tuesday.

The rest of the family is doing better. Cars are better. LOL

Offline barb

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Connecticut
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2008, 06:09:34 AM »
Jeez, that poor family can't catch a break!  Hopefully they'll all be on the mend now.

Offline SueSTx

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2008, 02:08:29 PM »
Enough already for this poor family...prayers continuing

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2008, 06:01:57 PM »
Sounds like things went better from last up date. Glad to see they got a good nights rest and he is feeling so much better. God is good.
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2008, 07:04:28 PM »
Yup, we just came home from the hospital where we were able to spend time with him for the first time since late October. He was all smiles and playing on the floor with Grandpa. He just loves the floor scrubber machine that looks like the ice scraper at the rink. "There comes a ZAMBONI." "Yeah a ZAMBONI." he yells. The doctor took out the Broviac tube totally. RAH!! Now he can bathe in the tub again and swim next summer. His "tubie" is all gone he says. He ate about half of three pieces of pizza. Dawn said to him, "What did we do today?" He yells,  "EAT". Poor kid thought he was being starved to death yesterday while they waited all day for the surgery finally at 9:00 last night to take out the tube.

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2008, 04:38:14 AM »
Oh, I'll bet it felt sooo good to see him and hug him again! Hope ya gave him an extra hug from all of us.
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"