Author Topic: time for our "annual" what do you plan to do in your garden/pond this year?????  (Read 3774 times)

Offline patsy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 12/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Wow, I've been gone all weekend. Thanks for your response Tink. Looks like I have a LOT of posts to catch up on here! Should be fun reading!

Patsy  :D 
Patsy
Kalispell.Mt
zone 4b

Offline perplexed ponder

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 27/03/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
I am not going to spend, I am not going to spend, I am not going to spend.........

But I do need something tall and narrow for that one spot........

Well, I am not going to spend until spring fianlly comes  ;D

Last year I replaced alot of plants with easier to maintain ones like grasses. Also waiting to see if the bamboo really does survive the winter.
Kathy

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
  • With us since: 23/01/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
I have so many things that have to be done I know if I'll get around to what I just want to do.Last year I let so much go I need to play catch up. I just hope that when spring finalley gets here I'l have the ambition I used to have? I know one thing for sure! I'm going to ride my horse. I didn't ride one time last year. I really want to finish my little pond and get it hooked up to the big one like a veggy filter. Do any of you remember my sistern set up? 
I'm just happier outside!
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline Krista

• Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Everyone has such grand plans!!

I decided to not do a pond again this year.... I still have one side of the yard that needs a fence and they have a 2 year old. And cost wise (because of the property line) it would be not possible to do both.

so instead the kids and |I are going to put in 2 raised veggie beds and plant tomatoes, zucchini, snap peas, cukes maybe, carrots, lettuce, and I don't know what else... only other thing to decide is if I'm going to put in some kind of automatic watering system. i would love too since we spend most weekends out of town.
Mom of twins, knitting nut, and want to get back into water gardening.

Offline Julles

• Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    • View Profile
OMG, I would LOVE to have a veggie plot!  There is NOTHING like fresh, home-grown tomatoes.  Have had successful ones, at former boyfriends' homes.  Hmmm.  Not doing me much good NOW, are they?

In years past, I had huge turnips grow here, and some other veggies.  But my yard has become so shady, and so tiny, and so overtaken by this ponding fettish, there's not room for much more than a couple of pots of herbs. 

But I DO have a jalepeno in a pot out front (that has not yet been stolen - guess the thieves haven't figurered out it's something of value) and even though it's fairly neglected, it ALWAYS has a pepper or two.  Bean a Texan, I do toss those peppers into lots of dishes.

Offline tranquility

• Trade Count: (72)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
First thing that HAS to been done this year is a new pond for Fred and Ginger.....also gotta build a new shubunkin pond so I can seperate them from my wakins I'm getting from Tracey....finish my rock path ways before someone breaks their neck.....divide the lilies which I haven't done in 3 years  ::).....All of that plus my daily/weekly chores should keep me busy this year...
Lawanna
Life is too short...... Live, Love, Laugh !!!!

Oklahoma-45 min. from Ganderville
Zone 7a :)

Offline marla

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 14/02/2007
    • View Profile
It was sunny here yesterday so I sat outside on the swing, hat, gloves, scarf, winter coat (25*)  and thought maybe I won't dig the lotus pond this year, but instead consentrate on framing in the lily pond area (less walking area for the #%* heron) with some background shrubs.  Since we accidently broke the peach tree trying to move it, it looks really bare on that side.  Today is overcast but in the 40's you can smell spring, but snow is in the forcast for the week.

Debbie I remember your sistern  and still love the idea, good luck doesn't look like you have to far to go on it.

Can't wait to get in the gardens... I also am hoping for a better tomato crop this year, the last couple years have been bad and I'm dwindling down on jars of tomato juice.
Adopt the pace of nature;
Her secret is patience.
Town of Genesee, WI  zone 4

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"