Author Topic: Joyce Grigonis  (Read 5793 times)

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Joyce Grigonis
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2008, 05:05:16 AM »
oh wow.. your moving?  I cant imagine leaving behind gardens like yours.   But I suppose to you it is like having a new blank pallet.  Do you take starts of your stuffie with you.. if so that must be as big a job as packing up the house!

tinkster

Offline Joyce

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • location: Southold, North Fork, Long Island, New York, Zone 7B
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Albums
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2008, 05:18:59 AM »
I am taking MOST of my garden with me, and not just starts...entire plants, trees and shrubs.  :D

But there is still a blank pallet where everything is going to go...and a bluff where a waterfall could be built into,
big stone retaining walls and a big pond at the bottom which would come right up to the edge of the deck and covered porch.  o(
The front edge of the new property is at 37' and the back edge is at 62'.  8) No drainage problems. 8)
Peace to all  ... Joyce

Breast Cancer Survivor

“Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature.
It will never fail you.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2008, 07:23:57 AM »
Good to hear things are going well finally. JAMIE GOING TO A BALL!!! I bet she can hardly stand it. LOL 8-)~

Now I'm confused. You are moving from your present location, right? But you said the new property is 37' by 62'??? That can't be the size of the lot can it?

Offline Joyce

• Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Albums
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2008, 07:35:57 AM »
No that's elevation above sea level...rare to find anything that high on LI...we are just one big flat glacial deposit here prone to floods and bad drainage.
So it is great for flood insurance. We have .35 acre, which is just right, manageable for me. And with the house being on a hillside... 8)
You can see the both bays from my house (in the winter with no foliage)...and we have the right of way to get to both beaches.
Peace to all  ... Joyce

Breast Cancer Survivor

It will never fail you.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline Double S

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 01/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2008, 08:06:57 AM »
Oh...I always love seeing pix of your place. I'll miss them.  But I'm sure pix of the NEW place will be even better with your talent and green thumb!!

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
  • With us since: 23/01/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2008, 03:38:08 PM »
I am looking forward to seeing lots of pix. Wow, that bluff sounds perfect! for a falls.
I'm just happier outside!
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline Kittyzee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2008, 07:02:47 PM »
I was so awestruck with pix of your little bonsai pond, I'm going to miss those.  But I'll bet you've got an idea where you're going to put another one already!  How much fun are you going to have with this new place?!!!   :D 
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline El Jefe

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Senior Chief USN Ret
  • With us since: 09/11/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2008, 07:20:46 PM »
Wow joyce you are ever the busy lady aren't you! moving? AND taking the plants with you?? How bold! Can't wait to see some pictures.... Andy
… The soul is dyed the color of it’s thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day. The content of your character is your choice, Day by day, what you choose, what you think and what you do is WHO you become. Your integrity is your destiny, it is the light that guides your way……

Offline Jonna

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 03/09/2006
    • View Profile
    • Blah... blah... blah... Ginger!
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2008, 11:26:11 PM »
Hey Joyce! It's great to see you back.  I too think of you often and have gone looking on other forums to see that you are doing well.  New house and blank slate sound like fun.  Can you really dig everything up and move it?  Will you have to re-landscape the old house for buyers?  It sounds like a lot of work but a work of love. 

Waving from the Yucatan - I suppose you can't see me cuz Florida is in the way  ::)

Offline Joyce

• Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Albums
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2008, 04:10:13 PM »
Hi Jonna! I'm not going to dig up everything...just 'choice' plants that I have decided are worthy of a place in my new gardens. Leaving behind the stuff that hasn't passed the test of worthiness, and some invasive stuff that started out in NC and hitched a ride all the way to NY. ::)  >:(  >:(- I somehow have to move my entire grove of hardy banana.  :o I am also moving every single one of my Japanese Maples including the funky-twisted one next to the pondsai. Pretty much everything around the pondsai will be moved in pieces, like a jigsaw puzzle, to it's new place next to my new front door.  8)

happyoutsidegirl ...you got that right...I have visions of multiple streams and falls down that bluff including built in stone slab stairs.
Wish I could get Carlos to come and help.   :) He sure has a way with waterfalls and stone work.  :2thumbs:
Peace to all  ... Joyce

Breast Cancer Survivor

It will never fail you.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline -Greg-

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • With us since: 27/09/2006
    • View Profile
    • Casa de Gunkel
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2008, 04:28:42 PM »
Hi Joyce, glad to see you are back as well! Do you still have your Jeep? if so, any new add-ons lately?

Greg

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
  • With us since: 23/01/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2008, 05:08:09 PM »
Joyce, I have tons of faith in you and I know it will be beautiful!!!!! I wish I new then what I know now when I cut out my steep bank and made my falls,  :D         But it's a done deal now and I love it.
I'm just happier outside!
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline Jonna

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 03/09/2006
    • View Profile
    • Blah... blah... blah... Ginger!
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2008, 05:29:22 PM »
I'm so glad you're taking the maples, they are so beautiful and something I rarely get to see so I enjoy your pictures.  Especially that small twisted one by the pondsai, I think it's great you're taking it apart like a puzzle and reassembling it by the front door.  It's a tradition now.

I hope you'll post some before and after shots of the new yard.  The wall sounds really interesting, I love rocks and water and growing things stuck in here and there.

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2008, 07:20:58 PM »
Ya know, Carlos just might.  I think his fee is reasonable and his mom is with an airline.
Knowing what I know now I should have paid his way!
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline barb

• Members
  • Connecticut
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2008, 09:09:29 AM »
Glad to see you back Joyce, and I can't wait to see some pics once you're all moved in!!

Offline tinkster

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2008, 11:11:22 AM »
That will be so great.. you will have a ball designing and planting your waterfalls/stream.  Its as much fun now to playin them with rocks to change water flow as it was when we were kids trying to damn them up :)  Cant wait to see your hilside plantings to.. still struggling with getting that to look right.

tinkster

Offline louis

• Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • Lou's Views
« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2008, 08:04:17 AM »
Hello Joyce, good to see you back. I hope your recovery is going well. I just got my LilyPons catalog yesterday and there you are on the second page. I bought one of the Pink Ribbons, hope is does well, looks like a winner.  @O@

Louis

Offline LeeAnne151

• Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2008, 08:59:17 AM »
when I moved from a rental to our own home I took four pick up truck loads of plants with me. Almost every one lived and some didn't get planted for over a year because there were no flower beds here. It was a big job to dig them all up and shove them in pots but it was worth it. Congrats on your home purchase.  @O@
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Offline Joyce

• Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Albums
« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2008, 09:44:02 AM »
Leeanne, remember when we moved from NC to NY?
We rented a 24' Ryder Truck to move my garden plants, houseplants and orchids.
Attached to the back of the 24' truck (that doesn't include the cab length) was a 20' car trailer.
I drove that myself most of the way, Bill and Jamie slept most of the time.

When we unloaded the truck, you wouldn't believe how many of those Anole Lizards hijacked a ride,
and some toads and tree frogs. :o

Lou, thanks...I just went to the website and ordered myself a catalog. 8)

Tink, it'll be a while before the hillside is planted.
There are a lot of changes going on right now in my life, and the gardens will have to be on the back burner for a while.
Besides having SERIOUS home computer issues right now which is severely cutting back on my freelance,
and now in the process of buying another entire computer system and wide format plotter-printer just to handle my freelance only,
we need to start paying a huge mortgage payment.  :o

Thanks everyone!  :)
Peace to all  ... Joyce

Breast Cancer Survivor

It will never fail you.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline LeeAnne151

• Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2008, 09:59:00 AM »
Yes, I remember your move back to LI. You lived near Jane and Johns when I started on the forum. I remember pictures of bbqs at each other's houses.

I love anoles. They are so cute. Hard to keep alive in terrariums though. I tried and tried when I was younger.
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Offline barb

• Members
  • Connecticut
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2008, 11:37:01 AM »
I just got my LilyPons catalog yesterday and there you are on the second page. I bought one of the Pink Ribbons, hope is does well, looks like a winner.  @O@

Louis

And what a beautiful lily it is!

http://www.lilypons.com/prodinfo.asp?number=23520

Offline El Jefe

• Members
  • Senior Chief USN Ret
  • With us since: 09/11/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2008, 11:54:07 AM »
Joyce what kind of computer issues? Make sure you pick up a USB Drive and back up any and all of you data. Let me know if I can help.
Andy
… The soul is dyed the color of it’s thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day. The content of your character is your choice, Day by day, what you choose, what you think and what you do is WHO you become. Your integrity is your destiny, it is the light that guides your way……

Offline Vickie

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2008, 04:07:26 PM »
Barb I hope your Pink Ribbon is bigger than my friends it was small with 2 floating leaves and one leaf coming. How does your look? If you have not got it please post how your looks when you get it.

Offline MickieB

• Members
  • With us since: 30/03/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • My photos.....
« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2008, 06:49:34 PM »
Glad to see you online Joyce!!  I miss your photos at http://community.webshots.com/user/joycegrig/albums/most-recent  Where are you posting them now??...it's been too long...  o(

Offline Joyce

• Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Albums
« Reply #54 on: April 03, 2008, 06:17:18 PM »
Hi Mickie, long time, No 'E'!  8)

I post at Photobucket now.
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v389/SwimmingJewel/Plants%20and%20Gardens/
Webshots was just too limited at the time I did the switch.
They're a little better now, but I like Photobucket better.  8)

El Jefe, it's Vista issues and Vista won't work with a lot of my professional art software including my LandCAD software.
Also, my Wacom tablet will not work with my new Vista computer.
I contacted Wacom and they told me I simply need to buy a new Wacom Tablet that is Vista compatible. >:(
It is SOOO frustrating. Wacoms are not cheap, but indispensible when it comes to what I do.
I have to use my old computer for that stuff now and it is soooo cranky and old takes 4 hours to do a 1 hour job.
Or I can sneak my freelance jobs in at work which I hate to do because it is so unethical.
But I can get stuff done during my lunch hour. Just little by little. ::)
Peace to all  ... Joyce

Breast Cancer Survivor

It will never fail you.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline MickieB

• Members
  • With us since: 30/03/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • My photos.....
« Reply #55 on: April 03, 2008, 08:55:48 PM »
Thanks for the reply...glad to hear you're on the mend.  You are a really busy lady!  I'll keep an eye on your photos...Thanks, Mickie o(

Offline tinkster

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2008, 07:04:41 AM »
I hate vista... it doesnt work with alot of my old programs either and some not so old.  I also is not very good with video files.  I am gonna fdisk and install win xp on mine :)

tinkster

Offline Joyce

• Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Albums
« Reply #57 on: April 05, 2008, 05:50:15 AM »
Tink, I think I am going to have to do that too!  ::)

Hey Louis, I recieved my Lilypons catalog yesterday...great article on Pink Ribbon in there.  :D
Peace to all  ... Joyce

Breast Cancer Survivor

It will never fail you.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline louis

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Lou's Views
« Reply #58 on: April 05, 2008, 06:41:59 AM »
Joyce, are you still with the nursery. if you are moving, how will this effect your job there.

lou

Offline Joyce

• Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Albums
« Reply #59 on: April 05, 2008, 06:52:54 AM »
So far I am still at Briarcliff.
Have been interviewing for another job,
final interview was this week, so now just waiting to hear.
I am having mixed feelings.
I really want to stay at Briarcliff,
but I really need to make more money now that we are homeowners and need to pay a mortgage.
Also, since my real boss died, the new owners are constantly clipping my wings,
very sexist and get in my face that I only have a desk job. (never mind what it says on my business cards! LOL!)  ::)
I make hundreds of thousands of dollars for the company each year with my landscape designs,
but I am lucky to get a partial paycheck for my xmas bonus.
One of the bosses is a bipolar drama queen (he is a guy) and I am his punching bag.
He once threw a tantrum right in front of Jamie,
and I had to leave with her because she was scared to death, in tears.
Now that I have faced a serious illness and surviving, I don't need this crap.
My other boss is just the opposite, generally a great guy to work with.  8)
But he can be very sexist too.
Women Landscape Designers just DO NOT get the same respect as men. :(

I need to go out on my own.
Just bought a large format plotter printer for home.
Word is out, and the jobs are coming in.  @O@
Now I just gotta get my new computer (with Vista) compatible with all my software and peripherals. >:(-
(if I'm gonna get any work done!)

What I really want is to work from home.
No town job, no Briarcliff except to freelance for them.
Peace to all  ... Joyce

Breast Cancer Survivor

It will never fail you.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"