Author Topic: A right of passage . . . .  (Read 1273 times)

Offline Teresa

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • Atlanta - zone 7b
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
A right of passage . . . .
« on: September 22, 2006, 04:39:16 PM »
I took my teenage daughter to the clinique counter tonight and bought her her very first make-up and brushes.  She was as conservative about this as she is about most things. . . . a little powder foundation, a demure eye shadow, almost unnoticeable lip gloss and blush that you don't know is there.  She looked lovely when the girl finished with her, now we just have to hope that she can put it on as well herself . . . the girl tried hard to make sure she knew what to do and how to do it.  DD was thrilled. 

They are both growing up so fast . . . . I really hate this!!!

Offline Viv

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: A right of passage . . . .
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2006, 04:50:38 PM »
Oldest DD has been wearing a little mascara for about 6 months, also a touch of lip-gloss on occasion. Nothing more than that though.

I hate that they seem to be growing up so fast and feel quite sick at the thought of the day when they leave home. Now that’s going to be very traumatic!! I have no idea where the last 14 years went…

Offline Joyce

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • location: Southold, North Fork, Long Island, New York, Zone 7B
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Albums
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2006, 05:31:32 PM »
AWWWW!  :)

Jamie 'borrow's my makeup once in a while but really doesn't have any of her own officially.
She is too young...we are gonna wait 'til she's a teen too. 8)
Peace to all  ... Joyce

Breast Cancer Survivor

“Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature.
It will never fail you.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline kaz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 18/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2006, 02:43:27 AM »
Teresa... you are so lucky... I'd have loved to have shared those magical moments with a daughter (8:-)

Offline Teresa

• Members
  • Atlanta - zone 7b
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2006, 06:22:15 AM »
I got to help her apply it herself for the first time today.  She remembers what the lady at the counter told her, but remembering it and doing it are two different things.  Since we were in a hurry this am (she had to be somewhere early) I mostly did it for her.  Tomorrow, when we have time and space, I'll show her how -- I'll do mine and she'll mimic me to get hers done.

She's so proud and happy about this . . . . she even told the houseguest from hell who reappeared last night after saying she wasn't coming back . . . .

Offline karen J

• Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • Karen's Frog Pond
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2006, 10:40:20 AM »
Wow. That really is a right of passage!

:'( I know I'll cry when my daughter starts with that.
She normally can't stand putting anything on herself. Not even moisturizing lotion or hair conditioner. I wonder how that's going to play out.
Karen
Northern Illinois, zone 5

http://www.pbase.com/karenfrogpond

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"