Author Topic: Hay Bullfrog!  (Read 3926 times)

Offline Kittyzee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Hay Bullfrog!
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2008, 12:42:10 PM »
My mother had Alzheimers also.  Please remember like Debbie said, to take time for yourself.  Even if it's just a couple of hours (home health care is great for this) in addition to friends and family.  Keep telling him you love him, somehow, somewhere he hears you even though it may not seem like it.  You will never regret it for sure. o(:-)
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline Bullfrog

• Members
  • With us since: 28/04/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2008, 07:30:15 PM »
I myself cannot begin to imagine the love and devotion that this must take. I can only hope that if I am ever served this on my plate that I can deliver to my woman what I held her hand and promised her before God. I also hope that she has the strength to deliver this for me.

That I would stand beside her for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part. This has become a disposable society and morals are not taught anymore it seems. When things get tough people seem to just leave now and throw in the towel.

I wonder what will become of us as the moral principals diminish. As the Ward Cleavers, Ben Cartwrights and Lucas McCains die off. As the parents who really felt and knew right from wrong go away and pass away.

Who will carry the torch for our Grandkids? I don't see many leaders now that I would trust to lead my grandkids. What has happened to the fabric of America?

Where are the stitches that Grandma so carefully pulled together the fabrics of cloth that represented our lives? She took a piece of a flannel shirt that my Daddy wore and cut a square out of it.

She took a piece of Grandmaw's bonnet and weaved it in into the whole. She took a piece of the shirt that I wore to school on the first day of school when I was scared to death.

She took all of these tattered pieces of life, these really hard times and made a quilt out of them. It's just a blanket made of small pieces of cloth.

A stranger would just throw it away if he was going through your belongings.

But sometimes, someone stitches together all of the little things in our life that really matter. They might not matter to anyone else, but they mean the world to us.

Grandma took all of the tattered pieces of our lives and wove them into a really beautifull patchwork quilt. In her loving hands, small but really important pieces of our lives came together to make one really big beautiful picture that made us a family.

These things made love spring out of poverty, these things made scacrifice put food on the table. Grandmas really cut out clothes from flour sacks.

So, you were up all night because you husband or wife who now has Alzheimer's disease. It is no fun anymore but you swore before God that you would be there in sickness and in health, until death do you part.

You have my ultimate respect, I cannot imagine your burden. Talk to us and we will pray for you. Check this out. This verse carried me through my darkest hours.

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

Matthew 11:28

Throw it on Him, he can take it. Lay your heart at his feet. When it gets too heavy for you he will carry your cross.

The night has never been so dark that he can not hold your hand and lead the way.

Again, I cannot even begin to imagine your burden but you do have a really strong helper right there. Talk about a strong shoulder or an anchor in the storm.

And you have us, your friends. We do pray for you when you ask for it and God listens. There are so many good hearts here I'm really glad that I found this place.

I will remember you, will you remember me?

Don't let your love pass you by,

Grieve not for the memory.

Never leave your partner, especially in a fire.

Offline Sandye

• Members
  • With us since: 17/03/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2008, 09:30:08 PM »
Debbie and LuAnn, my daughters have been nagging me to check into some respite care or home health care, so I'm going to do that.  He does need assistance with bathing now and he's awfully heavy for me to help him out of the tub, so if I can get someone out here to help with that it would be nice.  I know that type of service is available, even in our small town.   :) 

Bullfrog, thanks again for the support and the Bible verse.  I like that one also.  I have a poster in my bathroom that says "There is no problem too small nor too large to be taken to God."  I love that one too!  I cannot imagine that you would fail to take care of your beloved if she needs it.  In fact, I'm quite sure you will.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"