Author Topic: If you traded with me last year and anything died, please let me know  (Read 2382 times)

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
I'll send replacements before I do any other trading. I really haven't done much trading and feel I sent portions that were too small or might not make it.

It is too early here though, everything is still asleep.
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Offline Sean

• Tropical Waterlily Guru
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Sean's Ponds & Patio Garden
Re: If you traded with me last year and anything died, please let me know
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 09:38:38 AM »
It is very nice to see people who offer replacements for failed plants. It has come to my attention that one of our members who is selling this year again is not so couth {nono}

Keep it real folks

Cheers,
Sean
Vancouver BC Zone 8B
...........Click my Gif's............

Offline Bonnie

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2008, 03:11:50 PM »
LeeAnne, you are awesome.
I'll never forget when I purchased some grass from LeeAnne a few years ago, the following year we were discussing the grass and it had died.... she wanted to send me a replacement without even paying postage!  :hug:
The grass died because of ?? but it was not her fault, NO WAY was I going to let her do this{nono}

A guarantee is not expected but it's nice when someone will offer you a replacement if you are not satisfied or a discounted replacement if it died due to your neglect or just bad luck.

And while I'm commenting... I have a gripe, I understand that folks need and want time away from the forum especially in the winter months but it bugs me when folks come here to sell plants which aren't a frequent poster other than coming to sell something.  (ebay charges a fee for that you know;) )

Sean, hopefully the person (seller) was given a bad feedback remark. 
Treat people as you would like to be treated..... O0

Offline Sean

• Administrator
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2008, 11:40:31 PM »
Hi Bonnie,

The person who was jilted will not leave bad feedback because of who they are, but I am pissed knowing someone is making money on this forum again this year and sent out a poorly packaged plant that didn't even survive shipping due to the sellers own fault. The seller has been contacted by the individual in question and still did not offer a replacement or even a discount toward a replacement.

If it were my sole decision to ban this seller because of unscrupulous endeavors, I would.

That said, I hope this individual will step up to the plate and make right, while they still have stock to do so.

Cheers,
Sean
Vancouver BC Zone 8B

Offline tranquility

• Trade Count: (72)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2008, 05:44:34 AM »
the one thing I have always said whether trading or selling....Good word of mouth comes slow but, steady-while a bad one-spreads like wild fire and sticks to you like glue....Like Bonnie said treat others like you would like to be treated....that being said LeeAnne all the plants I got from you were healthy and green when I recieved them---anything that happens after that is usually do to poor planting or watering choices....I will trade again with you in a minute  O0 ...
Lawanna
Life is too short...... Live, Love, Laugh !!!!

Oklahoma-45 min. from Ganderville
Zone 7a :)

Offline casey

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 19/12/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2008, 10:20:54 PM »
It seems to me that those of you who are referring to some unscrupulous dealers here ought to name them.  I am new so you are leaving me, and others, open to problems by not naming names.  How would new people know from whom to buy if no names will be mentioned?  This policy leaves me feeling like I shouldn't do business with anyone through this forum because I have no way of knowing who is fair and who is not. 

Just a thought and maybe there are valid reasons, of which I am just not aware, for keeping mum on problem makers.

Casey

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2008, 07:03:37 AM »
I am feeling a bit nosey about it myself.. Kind of wish I knew who to so I could avoid problems.. but then I have the ones I order from already and am very pleased with them but who knows.. I might want soemthing sometime they dont have. But for the sake of the forum sometimes I guess its better to try to personally handle it with the seller, leave the appropriate feedback and let it go??

CASEY... buying off someone here I would defiantely look at their feedback count.  We have wonderful sellers here and their feedback count is very high and perfect.  I doubt this person we are talking about would have that kind of feedback?? at least I am hoping ...... so probably just a matter of doing that little check.  The lady right above you ms lawana for instance.. 31 wonderful feedback. 

Leeann.. well you remember that  mexican feather grass you sent me which I KNEW was not really zone hardy in my area?? Well its half brown/ half green after a really bad winter here and I am not sure it will make it through spring, could you send me more  :)  Geesh I must finally be learning how to scam from some of my ebay buyers.....  your trades are great and your one of the most generous people here about giving things away.

Tinkster

Offline LeeAnne151

• Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2008, 08:09:55 AM »
Put on a glove and comb the dead stuff out. That is how mine look here now too.

I think what triggered me making this post (and I am totally serious about replacements) was that I took stock on a sunny day last week and realized that I had killed many of my incoming trades. Totally MY fault but I thought that if others had killed anything they might like replacements.

~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Offline Bonnie

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2008, 08:00:22 PM »
Sean maybe you and/or Jerry should contact this person.. as you stated, it ARRIVED damaged.

In a case like this, negative feedback should be posted so everyone knows.. the least this person should have done was offer a replacement if the buyer paid for postage.

Sean can I ask ... did this seller post Lotus for sale this year or can you say what type of lotus? ( I understand if you would rather not answer)
HINT, that will narrow it down or tell us who this is because we know it wasn't Lawanna.

Offline Sean

• Administrator
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2008, 08:33:38 PM »
Jerry did contact the individual as he was the one who was burned that I am talking about.
I will leave it at that.

Cheers,
Sean
Vancouver BC Zone 8B

Offline tranquility

• Trade Count: (72)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2008, 06:27:56 AM »
Sean maybe you and/or Jerry should contact this person.. as you stated, it ARRIVED damaged.

In a case like this, negative feedback should be posted so everyone knows.. the least this person should have done was offer a replacement if the buyer paid for postage.

Sean can I ask ... did this seller post Lotus for sale this year or can you say what type of lotus? ( I understand if you would rather not answer)
  HINT, that will narrow it down or tell us who this is because we know it wasn't Lawanna.

No it wasn't me....I spend a great deal of time packaging plants so they arrive in good condition...and it has ALWAYS been my policy to replace plants that arrive damaged or dead...But, to date I haven't had any complaints yet ...
Lawanna
Life is too short...... Live, Love, Laugh !!!!

Oklahoma-45 min. from Ganderville
Zone 7a :)

Offline Derrick

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 14/02/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2008, 06:38:31 AM »
This brings up a good question for total noobs such as myself. Are there any guidelines for the packaging of plants? Tips that perhaps will help make sure something gets where it's going alive? I would love to try trading plants, but knowing nothing about it (including what half my plants are!! hahaha) would be very worried about stuff arriving in a poor condition. I would rather have no reputation than a bad one! :)

Derrick
Derrick....just a drummer in a rock and roll band.

Offline LeeAnne151

• Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2008, 09:23:20 AM »
I think there is an old thread about packing plants, I'll see if I can find it.
~LeeAnne~

Robert A. Heinlein

Offline Bonnie

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2008, 10:18:42 AM »
Jerry did contact the individual as he was the one who was burned that I am talking about.
I will leave it at that.

Cheers,
Sean
I feel that Jerry isn't doing the forums any favors .. we know he is a good guy and would not take advantage of anyone and say that something was dead, etc unless it was.
He should ban this person from selling on this forum... 

Sean, we will make sure Jerry gets his lotus......  :)  Definately from a reliable source though, not throwing money to away giving it to someone who can't even offer the person who pays for this board a discount!

That really pisses me off!

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2008, 12:16:46 PM »
I agree!  I for one would like to know what lotus mr jerry is wanting :)

tinkster

Offline Gina-Small town Tn Girl

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 18/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2008, 03:27:43 PM »
I can't wait until all my stuff starts commin out pretty...  I've not traded much on here, but the ones I have traded with were awesome, and theres alot of people here with the biggest hearts I've ever seen.. You all are such a blessing. I've been give really nice plants for postage, and I wanna say Thanks!  I love my "ponding friends"...(((huggss)))  Gina

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2008, 05:37:26 PM »
I've always received great stuff from the members here.  There was only one time, things weren't on the up and up and she's gone. 

That's awful Jerry, what was it.  If I have it, you will have it.  Just let me know.

Derrick, just ask many questions and you will get the answers.  One thing that is good, is to save all your packing materials for to reuse, like bubble wrap and those air bags.  Those are great to reuse.  Also, remember to read/use/leave feedback.

I once sent Jerry frog eggs from KY to CA, and they arrived in great condition. 

Kim
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 12:27:23 PM by Ky Kim »

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2008, 07:57:26 PM »
Everyone I have purchased plants from AP have sold to me beautiful healthy plants that arrived perfectly packed to withstand the heat of summer.  I believe that anyone who buys, sells, or trades must use the rating system already here to help everybody else know how business turned out.  I also appreciate Sean and other members with good standing speaking up for a seller - gives me license to spend  :o :D ;D

For the newbies, LeeAnne is always very generous with her plants and expertise.  Her post here doesn't surprise me.   o(:-)

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"