Author Topic: Pets by the pond pictures!!  (Read 2297 times)

Offline mcp

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Pets by the pond pictures!!
« on: September 23, 2006, 12:30:27 PM »
Lets have some pictures of pets by the pond. Since it's my idea I will start. Here is a picture  of Purdy. She is 14 years old and has been a great friend.She is getting very feeble in her old age. Deaf, cataracts, and has atheritis. Cant bear to do what needs to be done. :'(  Hope to see pictures of all your pets. :)

McKean County Pa. zone 5

Offline MikeW

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Pets by the pond pictures!!
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2006, 01:37:57 PM »
Have three toy poodles. First pic is Bear and Maggie, and second pic id Maggie and Andy. Tried to rustle them all up for a group shot, but it is really hot outside today, and like looking for animals in the kruger National Park, they gravitate to the shade, and away from the tourist cameras. Felt like I was back in Africa for a few moments there.

Mike

Los Angeles California Zone 10

Anytime I see something screech across a room and latch onto someone's neck, and the guy screams and tries to get it off, I have to laugh, because what is that thing?

Offline tranquility

• Trade Count: (72)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2006, 02:24:22 PM »
Well this isn't my cat but, it is the basin of my wakin pond.....but, I thought it was a neat pic....can you find the cat in this pic?..........
Lawanna

Life is too short...... Live, Love, Laugh !!!!

Oklahoma-45 min. from Ganderville
Zone 7a :)

Offline Teresa

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • Atlanta - zone 7b
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2006, 02:31:11 PM »
So sorry about Purdy and I know how you feel . . . That's the hardest thing we ever do for our pets and deciding when it's time is the second hardest thing.  She's a pretty girl.

Mike I can see why those little ones have you wrapped around their paws . . . .

I can't find the cat . . . .  Oh wait!  There it is . . . that's a toughie.

Casey likes her fish . . .

Offline kaz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 18/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2006, 02:46:08 PM »
Purdy is a beauty... I feel for you.

Now Teresa... what is that :o  Small hairy dog?  Angora rabbit?  Long haired cat?  Or a BBC microphone?  ;)

Offline Teresa

• Members
  • Atlanta - zone 7b
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2006, 05:26:53 PM »
Oh Kaz - that's my 3rd child . . . . and I never in a million years thought I'd feel that way about a dog.  That's Casey.  She was a surprise for my last birthday (tho it took 6 months of wheedling and begging to get the surprise).  Here's another pic of her darling face . . . .

She adores me and follows me everywhere all day long.  She loves to ride in the car and is my constant companion during all those carpools and taxi rides that young girls require.  She's quiet and unobtrusive and so goes everywhere with me - even into the girls' school.  She's always at my feet when I'm on the puter too.  Can't remember what I did before her.

Offline zydia

• Members
  • With us since: 12/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2006, 08:08:34 PM »
Is it not amazing how attached we become to our pets.
First picture is Butterscotch she we be 16 in the spring and is still a naughty kitten a heart. She is a inside cat and only gets outside by accident, and what a sneaky thing she is, loves being outside.
Then there is Katy (Katherine The Great) She will be 10 in the spring.
Gotta love them animals.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2006, 08:17:01 PM by zydia »

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2006, 01:39:04 AM »
Awwww, all those pics are so sweet. 

Zydia....I use to have a cat that looked almost identical to your butterscotch, his name was Tigger. 

I guess I'll have to try and get a pic of my dogs out by the pond now.  I do have 3 cats, but they're all indoor cats.

Kimberly

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline kaz

• Members
  • With us since: 18/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2006, 03:53:39 AM »
Casey is adorable Teresa... I hope you didn't mind me teasing you in my previous post... I have the most warped and tragic sense of humour ::).  I try desperately hard to keep a cap on it on non-Brit forums!

Offline Teresa

• Members
  • Atlanta - zone 7b
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2006, 08:07:07 AM »
Nah Kaz . . . . not an issue because we're not quite sure what she is either . . . . she's the most cat-like dog you'll ever meet . . .  she pounces on things like a cat and she hops like a rabbit . . . . . and she jumps in the ponds and swims like her fish . . .

Offline Indiana Karen

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2006, 09:32:48 AM »
Great post!  I love all the pics of the adorable animals, but I can't find the cat and its driving me nuts!!!!!!!!
mcp, your Purdy is a beautiful dog.  I have the same situation with my 17 year old cat named Purty.  She is so sweet and such a big part of our lives, but she has problems "finding' her litter box and I have her confined to a spare bedroom now.  Don't know how I will be able to make that decision, its tough. :'(
This is a picture of my "grand-dog", she belongs to my son and her name  is Maddie, when she comes for a visit, she heads for the stream!
Karen

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2006, 01:09:03 PM »
lol I love this thread.... any other day my small doxie would be fishing in the pond. .he does it from daylight till dark and today when I want a picture, he dont want to fish..

My boys are Buster, the long haired and Rusty the fisherdog.  Mcp purdy is just beautiful as are all the other pets.

Karen you couldnd have gotten a cuter shot, he just looks so "oh I am in heaven  here"

Tinkster
« Last Edit: September 25, 2006, 02:52:36 PM by tinkster »

Offline Teresa

• Members
  • Atlanta - zone 7b
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2006, 01:42:46 PM »
but I can't find the cat and its driving me nuts!!!!!!!!

Look at the base of the taro leaves - the ones with the white star on the leaf, just above the parrots feather.

Maddie just looks too happy right there like that!

Offline Indiana Karen

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2006, 02:04:39 PM »
I found the cat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Teresa, I had given up and I don't give up easily.
Karen

Offline Holldoll

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/09/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2006, 03:04:45 PM »
I love all the pictures of pets! I'm a huge animal lover! 

Thanks for the hint on finding the cat, I couldn't find it either.

I'll have to try to get a picture of my dogs by the pond, they are a little scared of the fish though.  He's (the dog) is a 160 lbs. great dane that is scared of fish!  Go figure!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"