Author Topic: anybody listen to michael buble?  (Read 1621 times)

Offline ladybug

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • i went sky diving this year, amazing!!
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • ladybug's garden spot
anybody listen to michael buble?
« on: March 23, 2008, 09:20:54 AM »
i went to see him in concert in charlotte nc on march 18th.  it was a fabulous experience.  he puts on such an entertaining show.  it was sold out at the bob cat arena.  i went with two friends and we took a taxi so we could enjoy the night without being concerned about driving, parking and walking.  he sings songs from the american songbook, standards from the frank sinatra era, just updated to his style.  if you don't know about his music and are interested, just go to youtube and type his name in. there are gillions of videos of him in concert.  check him out, i promise you won't be disappointed if you like that type of music.
ladybug
life is too short to be unhappy

zone 7b

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
Re: anybody listen to michael buble?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 09:25:14 AM »
Yes, saw him and he is a throwback to styles I grew up with.  he is super!
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2008, 04:38:10 PM »
Lucky you!!  I enjoy his music and normally play his CDs during evening outdoor dinners at sunset.  Nice easy standards.

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2008, 07:37:12 PM »
My bosses wife and another employee at work absolutely love him. They are ten and fifteen years younger than me. They play him over and over during the gift shows. drives me nutz.

If I have to hear those songs, I want to hear Frank, Dean, Tony or whomever sing them though my tolerance is low for the originals too.

Most of all though, I don't want to hear Rod Stewart sing them.
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Offline Johns

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • Garden Endeavors
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2008, 07:04:50 AM »
Come one, Leeanne,

Rod does a fine job on the oldies.  I have both of his Cd's singing them and they are great!  Of course, if anyone out there remembers the Dinning Sisters ( I Lost, Years and Years Ago), Pied Pipers (Dream, My Happiness), or Vera Lynn (We'll meet again, Now is the hour), then they REALLY know what GOOD music was.  Of course Shakira kind of grows on you: (Underneath your Clothes).

Just for fun (And to see if you truly appreciate REAL music) go to this URL  Years and Years Ago

and give a listen to the Dinning Sisters sing Years and Years Ago.  Listen several times.  If this sounds good to you, you are salvageable.     Shakira is is another time, another place. Hear her here:    Shakira

But then, LeeAnne, don't we love to disagree? 

Offline LeeAnne151

• Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2008, 09:05:50 AM »
Madonna and Billy Joel are my favorites but I do have Shakira's Laundry Service cd.
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Offline Double S

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 01/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2008, 11:17:11 AM »
Never heard of him. I'll have to head over to you tube and check him out.

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
  • With us since: 23/01/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2008, 05:59:16 PM »
Oh my, I LOVE the link to years and years ago. o(:-) wish I had the cd! Sometimes I think I was born in the wrong erra cuz I love old stuff including the music. I love rock in roll too tho. Thanks Jonh, for that great back in time feeling. o(:-)
I'm just happier outside!
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline Johns

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • Garden Endeavors
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2008, 07:33:45 AM »
LeeAnne!

Another thing we have in common!  What are your favorites on the Laundry service cd?  I love them all, especially "Fool", "Eyes Like yours", "Ready for the Good Times", and of course "UYC".  You know I'll bet you also enjoy the Edith Piaff music as well.  If only you could be less a liberal..If only.. (Remember the Tom Hanks line from "Youve got mail")

happyoutsidegirl ,

Girl, I bet you could download "Years and Years Ago" from my link.  If you have "Internet Download Manager" or some other similar program, put your cursor on the link and right click and choose "download".  Dinning sisters music is available on Cd with the exception of my all time favorite, "I Lost", which i got from a chap in england on a 45 RPM record.  Hear it here:   <a href="http://www.gardenendeavors.com/music/I Lost.mp3">I Lost
[/url]    This song is not on any cd anywhere in the world, so if ya want it I seem to be the caretaker for the world right now.

Trivia: The dinning Sisters were popular around the same time as the Andrews sisters.  Their brother, Mark dinnig had a One Hit Wonder with "Teen Angel" (1960), see the youtube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nBVdf7neVg

Note: if clicking on the link does not work, copy and paste the url and return.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 09:20:04 AM by Johns »

Offline LeeAnne151

• Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2008, 10:07:48 AM »
Do you like Amy Winehouse?  I do. She reminds me of an old fashioned torch singer.
~LeeAnne~

Robert A. Heinlein

Offline ladybug

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • i went sky diving this year, amazing!!
    • View Profile
    • ladybug's garden spot
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2008, 11:10:25 AM »
i love amy winehouse.  she is absolutely a throwback to a torch singer.  that is the first thing i thought of when i heard her voice for the first time. she makes me think of a smoke filled club back in the 40's.   i know she is a druggie, but i love her two cds that i have.  lots of music druggies have recovered and turned out ok, let's hope it happens for her too.
ladybug
life is too short to be unhappy

zone 7b

Offline LeeAnne151

• Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2008, 08:38:57 PM »
I do hope she goes to rehab..... {:-P;;
~LeeAnne~

Robert A. Heinlein

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"