Author Topic: After Easter clearance....did I get enough?....  (Read 1701 times)

Offline tranquility

• Trade Count: (72)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
After Easter clearance....did I get enough?....
« on: March 24, 2008, 06:52:32 AM »
Made my yearly run to Wal-mart for lily pails today....90 pails and 30 large bowls....these are great for potting up lilies.....pails were $.50 and the bowls $1....the girl at the checkout just had to ask why I was buying so many  :o...I only got 50 last year and ran out.....hopefully I will have enough this year  :D
Lawanna
Life is too short...... Live, Love, Laugh !!!!

Oklahoma-45 min. from Ganderville
Zone 7a :)

Offline Julles

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: After Easter clearance....did I get enough?....
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 07:52:03 AM »
You're gonna have to post another picture of your pond(s), girl, so we can see just exactly WHERE all those lilies are going to grow!

Do you have to call the store ahead of time, to make sure they have enough pails on hand for you?

What do you do with old pots? ... do you throw them away, or do you keep amassing more and more pots in your ponds?

Offline tranquility

• Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 08:19:36 AM »
LOL....Julles right now I have most of my lily stock in pop up kiddie pools(I'm up to 7 of those) I have 35 named varieties of hardies, a few unnamed, and about 8 named tropicals .....most of these buckets will be used for lilies I sell....I try to keep at least 30 or so potted up lilies for sale at all times...each time I sell one then I pot another one up...so most of the time I have blooming or close to blooming size lilies for sale in all sorts of colors and sizes....I just attach a piece of mini-blind to the handle with a zip tie with the name, color,size and price of the lily for easy ID and it just a matter of pulling it out and putting it in a bag......and I use slow release fertilizer so all they have to do is plop it into the pond....I bought 50 last year and ran out mid season---hopefully I got enough this time....I also like to hit the clearance sales after Halloween--those big black plastic caldrons are great to use as pots too......
Lawanna

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2008, 09:23:33 AM »
I would love to see more of your photos to!  Great buys.  I have my lilies in much bigger pots and am wondering if I could go smaller and have more as I am out of pond bottom room for lilies :)

tinkster

Offline tranquility

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2008, 09:46:18 AM »
Tink I used to plant mine in huge pots too...but, got tired of having to drag them big ol' things out...now I either use these pails or dishpans to plant them in...much easier....
Lawanna

Offline landey1230

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Members
  • Zone 9b
  • With us since: 30/07/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2008, 10:19:30 AM »
Wow.  There's so much to learn.  Usually Walmart puts everything away so they can avoid the clearance.  At least that is true around here.   
Alfonso

Offline Bonnie

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2008, 11:07:48 AM »
Lawanna, I bet you had alot of people staring at you wondering what the heck is that lady doing with so many of those!?

Yes those would be nice size for most plants.  I have 3 waterlilies in the main pond that I have in really big containers so I don't have to divide as often as others.

Lawanna do you have your website updated with your list of hardies?  I know/think you got alot of Gary's hardies so I'd like to see an updated list of what you've got.

Offline tranquility

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2008, 11:35:21 AM »
Bonnie I have my website updated with the ones I know I should have plenty of...alot of them aren't because I'm not sure how many of them I have......Yep I got alot of Gary's last year(infact a whole pick-up load) ......I'm hoping to go divide wild this year.....some of them haven't been divided in 3 years and are showing it terribly.....
Lawanna

Offline Bonnie

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2008, 12:35:19 PM »
Lawanna you've got alot of work ahead of you!

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2008, 04:37:00 PM »
Amazing but you love it. o(:-)  Im with Julles  photos please!
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline CoolShades

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2008, 04:54:51 PM »
Hey Lawana:

I didn't realize you were close to Gary G.  Is he doing okay, I haven't seen any posts lately.

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2008, 05:13:09 PM »
Those will work great.  I ues the ice cream gallon buckets alot.  Then if one happens to split, I just sit the cracked one down into a new one until its time to replant.  Works great, and with handles.

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline tranquility

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2008, 06:52:32 PM »
Gary do you mean Gander? yep I only live 45 minutes away from him...but, still don't get to see him often enough...He is a sweety on line...he is a super sweety in person....one of my favorite people.....Pictures  {:-P;; {:-P;;  I will when I get everything up and going...right now everything is in a wreck...of course we are in the middle of several new large projects so I doubt it gets any better any time soon....
Lawanna

Offline bunny56lbc

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/09/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2008, 01:04:46 PM »
WOW  :o Lawanna , did ya get enough ???  lol
I have to get all my bucket's before Easther is over , Wal Mart put's them all up until next year... {nono}

bonnie

Offline Double S

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 01/06/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2008, 01:15:57 PM »
We bought some too today to plan for dividing. Don't know where I'll put them once planted/filled.  But.....they were 75% off here today ....so .25cent each!!!!!

Thought about potting a bunch of divisions up and posting on craigs list...maybe make some $$ to put towards our new filtration we want to build.

Offline tranquility

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2008, 06:59:09 AM »
Sandi that is a great idea...most people had rather buy from other hobbiest anyways...healthier stock and they ususally know what they are talking about...can't say the same for most retail places....also place an add in your local paper--that brings us alot of new customers....
Lawanna

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"