Author Topic: Lotus notes..... No not the program  (Read 650 times)

Offline El Jefe

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Senior Chief USN Ret
  • With us since: 09/11/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Lotus notes..... No not the program
« on: March 24, 2008, 11:08:21 AM »
Recently I added another lotus to my pond (Rosea Plena... hope I spelled that right) and I placed it beside my white lotus from last year ( http://www.americanponders.com/forum/index.php?topic=3774.msg41316#msg41316 ) Well that lotus (the white one) came as two tubers with a couple of growing tips each. It thrived all season and died back during the winter. Well when I was done planting the lotus for this year I decided to reach down into the tub from last year and see what was in store there. Man in the span of one season that thing grew alot of tubers and a lot of roots one of those tubers is is huge! I did not want to mess with it to much as I was told not to divide them for at least two years and this is the start of the second season. I noticed some early growth coming from it, a couple of small floaters so now is not the ideal time to divide. when should I be thinking about that? January/February?

Andy
… The soul is dyed the color of it’s thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day. The content of your character is your choice, Day by day, what you choose, what you think and what you do is WHO you become. Your integrity is your destiny, it is the light that guides your way……

Offline tranquility

• Trade Count: (72)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Lotus notes..... No not the program
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 12:27:07 PM »
I've always been told to do it when dormant....so I do mine early spring---before any new growth appears....also have heard you can do it in the fall....
Lawanna
Life is too short...... Live, Love, Laugh !!!!

Oklahoma-45 min. from Ganderville
Zone 7a :)

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"