Author Topic: Need a hard to find plant  (Read 1045 times)

Offline El Jefe

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Senior Chief USN Ret
  • With us since: 09/11/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Need a hard to find plant
« on: March 24, 2008, 08:31:21 PM »
Anyone know where I can find 'peltandra sagittifolia' White arrow arum (not the green)? here is a sample picture http://www.horticopia.com/hortpix/html/pb15381.htm and here as well http://www.wildflower.org/plants/result.php?id_plant=PESA7

I have the green version and I would like to mix in the white.

Andy
… The soul is dyed the color of it’s thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day. The content of your character is your choice, Day by day, what you choose, what you think and what you do is WHO you become. Your integrity is your destiny, it is the light that guides your way……

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
Re: Need a hard to find plant
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 09:00:32 AM »
I've never seen it before. It is pretty.
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Offline tracey_shafer

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 09:48:32 AM »
Yes it is, if you find and ever wish to divide let me know {:-P;;

Offline El Jefe

• Members
  • Senior Chief USN Ret
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 10:59:17 AM »
Wow stumped the best of you....that is saying something.  Well maybe you all wouldn't mind helping me research it. It is known by a few names;
Peltandra Sagittifolia (Michx.) Morong, White Arrow Arum, Spoonflower..... See if we can find one. Andy
… The soul is dyed the color of it’s thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day. The content of your character is your choice, Day by day, what you choose, what you think and what you do is WHO you become. Your integrity is your destiny, it is the light that guides your way……

Offline Joyce

• Members
  • location: Southold, North Fork, Long Island, New York, Zone 7B
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Albums
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2008, 11:06:49 AM »
Andy, when I was in Sarasota last year, that stuff was growing wild all over the place.  :o
Peace to all  ... Joyce

Breast Cancer Survivor

“Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature.
It will never fail you.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline El Jefe

• Members
  • Senior Chief USN Ret
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2008, 06:50:34 PM »
Funny how it is SO hard to find for sale. I should ask a friend of mine to harvest some for me Or just plan on spending a weekend down south. {:-P;;

Offline LeeAnne151

• Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2008, 10:00:10 AM »
Definitely not native on this coast or I'd have seen them. We've got skunk cabbage though.  :o
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"