Author Topic: Want some dragonfly nymphs?  (Read 699 times)

Offline El Jefe

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Senior Chief USN Ret
  • With us since: 09/11/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Want some dragonfly nymphs?
« on: April 08, 2008, 12:33:22 PM »
Wards natural science sells them..... http://wardsci.com/product.asp_Q_pn_E_IG0013499_A_name_E_Dragonfly+Nymphs+Living+Specimen they are the Aeshna spp variety which could be any of a variety of medium to large dragonfly's..... For those of you who were having a hard time attracting them here you go.

Andy

http://www.odonatacentral.org/index.php/GalleryAction.bySpecies
… The soul is dyed the color of it’s thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day. The content of your character is your choice, Day by day, what you choose, what you think and what you do is WHO you become. Your integrity is your destiny, it is the light that guides your way……

Offline Julles

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Want some dragonfly nymphs?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 06:52:37 AM »
Hmmm.  I've been really wanting to find some nymphs to buy, and hopefully get the adults to hang around my pond.

But I read the part about how they eat your fish... Hmmm. ... Not sure I want them now.  I wonder if they'll learn to eat the easy to find fish pellets, instead of trying to catch my live precious fish.

Hmmm.  Maybe dragonfly babies are meant to live in wild ponds, and not in garden koi ponds. 

Thanks for the link.  I will keep it, as I may decide afterall, to buy some.

Offline El Jefe

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Senior Chief USN Ret
  • With us since: 09/11/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Want some dragonfly nymphs?
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 07:18:36 AM »
While they may eat your fry they will eat all manner of other bugs, from water aphids to Mosquito larvae (much easier to catch!!) Every spring I get tons and I love it! Last year I shared a bunch of photos like this....

I love having them out there! sign of a healthy ecosystem! I think you have much more to gain than lose... Andy
… The soul is dyed the color of it’s thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day. The content of your character is your choice, Day by day, what you choose, what you think and what you do is WHO you become. Your integrity is your destiny, it is the light that guides your way……

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"