Author Topic: So I take my daily stroll around the pond and what do I see?  (Read 3123 times)

Offline El Jefe

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Senior Chief USN Ret
  • With us since: 09/11/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
So I take my daily stroll around the pond and what do I see?
« on: April 08, 2008, 07:09:27 PM »
Well I see Escarboucle starting to bring up pads and my Berniece Ikins is as well, even the lone James brydon. As I walked around looking at the new plants and taking a few pictures of the plants  and admiring the new growth when what did I see? what did I spy with my little eye?? God help the person who lost it.......
 >:(- They were trying for these guys: And before you ask it isn't one of mine, I only have a few and ther are all brand new!
… The soul is dyed the color of it’s thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day. The content of your character is your choice, Day by day, what you choose, what you think and what you do is WHO you become. Your integrity is your destiny, it is the light that guides your way……

Offline landey1230

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Members
  • Zone 9b
  • With us since: 30/07/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: So I take my daily stroll around the pond and what do I see?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 07:34:48 PM »
So wait...Someone was going fishing?  No way!!!??
Alfonso

Offline El Jefe

• Members
  • Senior Chief USN Ret
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 08:01:25 PM »
I live in the south, they go nuts for catfish here, and Bream and Bass..... We have had a lot of new homes go up and new people moving in around us. It is pretty obvious that I take care of that pond so someone would have to be pretty bold to walk in with a fishing pole, still under the cover of dark it wouldn't take long to catch one and get out  >:(-  You have to wonder about some people some times.....
Andy
… The soul is dyed the color of it’s thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day. The content of your character is your choice, Day by day, what you choose, what you think and what you do is WHO you become. Your integrity is your destiny, it is the light that guides your way……

Offline landey1230

• Members
  • Zone 9b
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2008, 08:09:46 PM »
No respect.  That's terrible and it's selfish of them to even try such a thing.  Man, people always make jokes about fishing in my pond, but this is serious.  I hope you find them. 
Alfonso

Offline barb

• Members
  • Connecticut
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2008, 05:40:57 AM »
That is unbelievable!  Do you have any fish missing?  Is there a way to put up signs warning against fishing?  Is your property fenced?  That just blows my mind. 

Editing to say I just looked at your pond pics on your other thread, and I can see how your pond is quite obviously well-kept and not a "fishing" pond.  If I were you, I'd be up half the night watching my pond, just waiting.   &-)

Offline Cindi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2008, 06:25:38 AM »
Good grief!  Some people have no shame!  Do you have a dog? 
Cindi
Cedar Springs, MI , Zone 5

Offline Double S

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 01/06/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2008, 06:30:08 AM »
I'd post a sign (no, a billboard) saying anyone caught trespassing or fishing WILL be shot!!!   

I can't believe somebody did that!!!!

Offline Julles

• Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2008, 06:41:37 AM »
That's apalling!

Someone INTENTIONALLY went onto your property, and INTENDED to catch fish!  No way they could have thought that was a public land / lake. 

Jerks! 

Since your land is somewhat open, you definately need to post a sign.  "No Trespassing" or "Trespassers Will Be Prosecuted", and maybe also "Bad Dog." 

Offline El Jefe

• Members
  • Senior Chief USN Ret
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2008, 06:59:41 AM »
I was thinking of putting up one of those deer cams up out of reach with a portable alarm attached to it just in case....

Hard to tell how many fish are in there, they are thriving and that means lots of younguns.... Fence well no not at this piont but I am seriously thinking about it. Lots of people stop and look at the pond from the road and I do not want to detract from it however looks like I may not have much of a choice. Why is it that other peoples stupidity or lack of respect ends up costing us money?  >:(

Andy

Offline Kat

• Trade Count: (176)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2008, 07:15:40 AM »
It is terrible that some people think that they can just help themselves  >:(- >:(-
Kat

There is never enough room for all of the water lilies that I want ;-)

Offline El Jefe

• Members
  • Senior Chief USN Ret
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2008, 07:27:00 AM »
Maybe my NWF sign that says this is a certified wildllife habitat is throwing them off... Let me catch one of them!!

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2008, 07:31:36 AM »
That is such a violation!!!  You can't tell how long that buoy has been in your pond but boy oho boy I wouldn't be able to sleep without thinking that someone had the audacity to come onto my property uninvited.  Do you still have your cameras on?  Boy your paint ball gun will come in handy now!!  Now this really makes me angry  >:(  >:(-

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
  • With us since: 23/01/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2008, 07:41:29 AM »
Sorry Andy. Some people like you said have no respect or morales. Maybe a nice chain link that people could still see through? With barbwire at the top!
I'm just happier outside!
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline Indiana Karen

• Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2008, 07:44:45 AM »
As time goes by, we seem to get more and more ignorant people in the world :(

I would put up no trespassing signs, however I know from experience that they just tear them down.  Maybe it was some kids that just haven't been taught any better.

I hope you find out who it was.  Keep us posted.

Karen

Offline kc8pny

• Members
  • With us since: 08/04/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2008, 07:55:10 AM »
That is just disgusting. You can buy one of them deer cams for around $99.00. I use one, during hunting season. Works rather well.
Good Luck

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2008, 10:43:22 AM »
wow cant believe someone woudl fish a obviously ornamental pond.   

I would get me a motion detector light that might scare them if it came on and wake you up.

tinkster

Offline El Jefe

• Members
  • Senior Chief USN Ret
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2008, 06:39:05 PM »
Know what?? My biggest concern is that  if those catfish take off the way they always do, that monofilament would make short work of all my lilies and then there would be hell to pay  >:(- >:(       

Offline EagleEye

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • zone 5, Sauk City, WI
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2008, 06:55:14 PM »
Can't even post what I want to say here {:-P;; Idiots-----go buy some catfish-----Who'd want to eat em anyways {:-P;;

Now if'in it were kids, I'd say have at it-------Have a blast kids, but I doubt it, some lowlife
People are just amazing.

Steve
My Biggest Worry Is That the other half (when I'm dead)  Will Sell My Fishing Stuff For What I Said I Paid For It

Offline bunny56lbc

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/09/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2008, 07:44:12 PM »
That just blow's my mind that someone would dare to try & catch some of you're fish . Even if they are catfish , people will do anything now a day's . Better put up a sign " No Fishing " trespasser's (sp)
will be shot & boiled in oil....... {:-P;;
Dang , the nerve of some people.
bonnie

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2008, 09:32:42 AM »
People suck!

It is too bad that fences are so expensive as well as blocking views (if there is a view)

Where I've always lived both in Phoenix and in Portland all yards (especially back yards) are usually fenced.

I see many homes on HGTV where there are no fences and I always think the first thing I'd do is put one up.
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Offline Sean

• Tropical Waterlily Guru
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
    • Sean's Ponds & Patio Garden
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2008, 10:17:28 AM »
Time to get out the paint ball gun {-)

Cheers,
Sean
Vancouver BC Zone 8B
...........Click my Gif's............

Offline karen J

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • Karen's Frog Pond
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2008, 10:37:29 AM »
Wow, I'm speechless!

Yeah, I'd set up a stakeout with a paintball gun. Do they make paintball machine guns that come with really ugly colors?
Karen
Northern Illinois, zone 5

http://www.pbase.com/karenfrogpond

Offline miguynmkoi

• Members
  • Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2008, 04:17:06 PM »
Yeah, I'd set up a stakeout with a paintball gun. Do they make paintball machine guns that come with really ugly colors?

I agree!  Do you think neon isn't ugly enough?!?!  lol

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2008, 08:04:43 PM »
That would really tick me off.  Our nation is going to crap.  So many people these days do not respect the property or rights of others. 
American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline El Jefe

• Members
  • Senior Chief USN Ret
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2008, 08:42:47 PM »
I don't have any recent picures of the "view" but when everything is in bloom and the back yard is cut  my neighbors say it looks like a park.....If I had to put up a fence that would seriously detract from the look. But If I have to I have to. I will take some pictures this weekend and post them so you can see what I mean. I have been watching and going out late at night, so far nothing. These florescent paintballs are going make their mark if I find someone out there,  time to break out the night vision.....
Andy

Offline El Jefe

• Members
  • Senior Chief USN Ret
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2008, 05:05:20 PM »
So I come home to pads cut and floating upside dow etc I clean it all up looking for a turtle... and then it dawns on me.... Fishing line , big fish screaming around the pond...bye bye lilies...  >:( >:(- >:(

Offline Don

• Members
  • With us since: 29/09/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2008, 05:33:24 PM »
.... Fishing line , big fish screaming around the pond...bye bye lilies...  >:( >:(- >:(

You been fishin in this pond?   GET A ROPE!

I am an avid fisherman, but that is blatant trespassing.  :thumbdown:  {-)

Hope you find the culprit(s) before your pond and fish are destroyed.  o(

Offline Joyce

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • location: Southold, North Fork, Long Island, New York, Zone 7B
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Albums
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2008, 05:51:48 PM »
Andy, I think you need a can of whoop-azzzz.  ;) &-) :blowup:
Peace to all  ... Joyce

Breast Cancer Survivor

“Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature.
It will never fail you.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline landey1230

• Members
  • Zone 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2008, 06:44:01 PM »
Here you go..
Alfonso

Offline miguynmkoi

• Members
  • Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2008, 07:47:16 PM »
and then it dawns on me.... Fishing line , big fish screaming around the pond...bye bye lilies..

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"