Author Topic: I have an interview (I'm back) updated again  (Read 6938 times)

Offline -Greg-

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • With us since: 27/09/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Casa de Gunkel
Re: I have an interview (I'm back) updated again
« Reply #60 on: April 25, 2008, 07:17:30 PM »
Kim, at our Credit union, I believe it is because of the long process to "move up the ladder", we know all of the girls there, and over the last 12 or so years the girls with the lowest seniority only seem to last a year or two before moving on to bigger and brighter futures. The women who have been there a long time are younger (late 30's to early 50's I am guessing) and as best as I can tell don't plan on going anywhere soon!! So, it is probably a long road to hoe if you plan on moving up the ladder, other than that, at least at our credit union, they are the nicest group of women! We have had a few of them over to our house last year for some of our parties/BBQ's. Anyway, good luck with your new job, just imagine all of the cool people who you will meet along the way!!

Greg

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
  • With us since: 23/01/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 29, 2008, 05:20:33 AM »
Kim, time to celabrate! today is your last day a t WM @O@ Good luck hun! And be sure and let us know when ya start the new job.
I'm just happier outside!
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 01, 2008, 08:08:19 PM »
They called me today and want me to shadow for 3 hours tue and wed then start training on thursday, this is all next week.  I'm ready!

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 01, 2008, 09:37:41 PM »
Good idea. I was the trainer at what is now Chase for tellers many years ago. I like it when they let the new ones shadow for at least a day before they even attended classes. Even though they were brand new, they would remember things and make the connection when they were taught it in class. We had a week of class and then worked with a trainer 4 days. Then the 5th day and for a week, they ran the window with me watching and training.

Offline Oceanbum

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 06, 2008, 11:55:24 AM »
Today's the day!!  @O@ How did the first day of shadowing go?!
Becky

Offline Ky Kim

• Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 06, 2008, 03:34:26 PM »
Not bad, was pretty slow.  I think it will be much better after I've had my classes and actually get to do something besides sit in a chair and watch.  Other than that, I think I'm really going to like it.  Everyone seems so down to earth. 

And you know what else, your allowed to point.  Yes, with your finger.  We couldn't even do that at walmart when you were trying to tell someone which aisle to go.  When I talk I use my hands,  some of their little rules were a littel quirky for this day and time.

Kim

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 06, 2008, 06:26:37 PM »
Kim if you think you are picking up quickly and want to, ask your teacher if you could do some stuff.

I had people who ran the gamut from being scared to do anything even on the last day of training and one guy in particular who acted like he knew everything the first day. He made me mad so way earlier than usual, I plopped him in the window and watched him like a hawk. Funny thing, he talked real big about the moneyed people he knew etc. but about three months later I heard he'd been fired for suspicion of stealing. All of a sudden when he went to his new branch, the other women tellers began to have money missing from their purses and their drawers were short much more than normal. But oddly enough, he balanced every day. HMMMM. He was the new guy and they were the experienced ones with good balance records. HMMM...

Anyway, you are lucky to have had experience with people and money already so you're halfway there. Good luck and I hope you enjoy your new job.

I always loved working in banking. Started in 1960 BC (before computers). LOL. The account numbers were maybe 5 digits long and if you were shopping at a store, and ran out of checks, you could borrow one from your friend and cross out her info/account number and because they were hand posted, it would be just fine. Boy, I've seem a lot of changes. We hand figured and posted all the land contracts and savings accounts at the branch. That was when banker's hours were just that. We opened at 10, closed at 4 Monday through Thursday and closed at 7 on Friday, with no Saturdays at all.

Offline Oceanbum

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 07, 2008, 04:10:36 AM »
Esther, we have a gal who has been a teller at our bank for 52 years this October!!! She started when she was 17!!! But she won't tell us how old she is!!! But, being in banking I think we can do the math!!!  {:-P;; She says she has seen so many changes over the years and not all of them good. She keeps talking about retiring and what she'll do after she retires. And I mean what JOB she'll do!!! So I don't think she'll ever REALLY retire!!!

Kim, I'm glad the first day went well. I know that shadowing is really boring. I had to do it for like a week!!! It was SO boring!!! At our bank we had to sit in a whole day with each department so we could see what each one does - loans, bookkeeping, and then finally shadowing a week on the teller line!!!! I was ready to pull my hair out by the time I finally got to training!!! And then I had computer learning which was also really boring. But I finally got through all that and went "live"!!! It was a bit scary at first but all that is behind me now and I have the new tellers shadowing me!!!! So you will get there!!! It will just take time!!!!  O0
Becky

Offline Ky Kim

• Members
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 07, 2008, 07:13:48 PM »
This mornings shadowing went alot faster.  She had me posting the night deposits.  Thursday is the day to start my training, now I'm getting a little bit nervous.  Not really bad, just a tad.  I think it will go ok though.

Kim

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
  • With us since: 23/01/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 08, 2008, 04:26:26 AM »
Kim, I have faith in ya and I know you'll do just fine. Good luck and relax.
I'm just happier outside!
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 08, 2008, 05:05:16 AM »
You'll do fine. Be sure to take notes on everything. Sometimes the act of writing it down helps stick it in your/my head. Guess it depends on how you best learn. Some are audio learners and some are visual. Some are hands on. I haven't discovered how I learn. LOL.

Our pediatritian who specialized in ADD told us that when he was in school he devised a way to do math by looking at a clock because he just didn't get it. Then he said he would tape his lectures in college and med school and play them over and over. He even would read his materials out loud to a tape machine and play them over to be able to remember the stuff. I sat there and stared at this guy who WAS A DOCTOR, surprised he had to struggle to retain. He was just giving himself as an example to show us that our son was different from most, like he was different from most.

Offline Sandye

• Members
  • With us since: 17/03/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 08, 2008, 12:58:48 PM »
Kim, I'm really, really late on this, but Congratulations on your new job.  O0 @O@  I'm glad you have found something that you like and that will allow you more time with your family.    :)

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"