Author Topic: This years Wish list...can anyone help  (Read 1946 times)

Offline marla

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 14/02/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
This years Wish list...can anyone help
« on: April 19, 2008, 07:26:11 AM »
Here is an ongoing wish list for hardies, usually I'm to late getting it up.  I have not had time to see what I have to trade.... Always have Attraction, but I might have something you'd like.  But am willing to pay a nominal cost plus shipping...money's tight right now.  Any way on my whittled down list for this year are. Thanks
Mayla
Gonnera
Pink Grape Fruit
Mangkala Ubol
Adopt the pace of nature;
Her secret is patience.
Town of Genesee, WI  zone 4

Offline joeyb5980

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • With us since: 21/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: This years Wish list...can anyone help
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 05:17:42 AM »
Hi Marla!  Those are all great ones to have on your wish list- Mayla is stunning in person, Gonnere is so full, Pink Grapefruit produces many HUGE blooms, and Mangkala Ubol has such great color hues.  I have all four of them, but am not sure yet if I will have divisions of these.... Once I know for sure I will let you know.... I am pretty sure I will have divisions of at least a couple of them... I should know soon and will get back with you.... :)
Joey

Offline Kat

• Trade Count: (176)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008, 12:00:05 PM »
Check out the Garden Web trade forum --someone just listed Mayla & Pink Grapefruit for postage only.
Kat

There is never enough room for all of the water lilies that I want ;-)

Offline joeyb5980

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • With us since: 21/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2008, 01:21:01 PM »
Yep I saw that post earlier on GW and PM'd it to her- that is a great deal!
Joey

Offline Sunbeam56

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 30/03/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2008, 01:24:25 PM »
If anyone is interested, I'm going to have to weed out about half a dozen vivips from Lindsey Moore. I wouldn't think that they are perfect clones - but they grew from the center of the leaves of my magnum Moore.

Offline Kat

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2008, 01:43:51 PM »
Sunbeam56 --if I recall right, the lily you are referring to grows very well since it has lots of room.  Got a picture?
Kat

Offline Sunbeam56

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 30/03/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2008, 01:54:04 PM »
Hey Kat - I'll get some photos this weekend. It has three big buds, and so I'm hoping for some really spectacular blooms.

This is the Lindsey Moore that I haven't repotted in five years. There were four in the pond. This water lily pond is 48 inches deep. So I put the lilies on cinder blocks to get the required 18 inch depth for lilies, and this one, the magnum, fell off its pedestal. Time passed and I didn't have (or make) time to right the pot. It has grown larger than the others, and shaded the others out. Go figure.  :o

There are two koi in the pond - Zippy and Zebco. A kohaku and a sanke. Likely both males. They are wild as march hares. But I'll try and get a photo too. Zebco has an almost perfect two step pattern.  @O@

Offline Kat

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2008, 01:58:18 PM »
Sounds like almost everything in that pond is beautiful & wild   :)  I would image the tipped over one is actually growing now in the bottom muck & getting lots of natural fertilizer besides extra room to grow.  Are you offering for postage or trade?
Kat

Offline jclements

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • In the Garden Photoblog
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2008, 04:36:39 PM »
Marla, I still have one Barbara Dobbins, which is a hardy by Strawn, similar to Mayla and Pink Grapefruit. I'd be happy to send it for postage!

Sunbeam, do you mean Lindsey Woods? It's a purple vivip. There's Director Geroge T. Moore that is another purple tropical, but it's not a vivip. Forgive me if I'm wrong, just wanted to check! If it is Lindsey Woods, and you have some extras, I'd love to get one from you. Just let me know!
Jessica
Dallas, TX
Photoblog:  http://jessicaclements.wordpress.com

Offline Timgod

• Trade Count: (21)
  • Members
  • Houston, Texas Zone 9
  • With us since: 13/09/2006
    • View Profile
    • Timgods Graphics
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2008, 07:32:49 PM »
As Jessica stated, if it is Lindsey Woods, it is a deep purple tropical vivip.
If it is a baby produced from viviparous means then it is a genetic clone to the parent. Exactly the same plant.
If however it could have came from seed then it would not be the same.
Viviparous means of reproduction are the quickest way to reproduce any waterlily.
Growing from seed takes months and the plant is new unless it was a self crossed species plant.
With tubers, you either are going from one season to the next or spending at least 2 months to starve it and then bring it back for reproduction.

Tim
On a quest for the elusive lilies...

Offline marla

• Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2008, 08:11:56 PM »
 joeyb5980, Kat.... Thanks for the info, hoping something will work out if not I will get them eventualy.

jclements, Thanks for the generous offer and I would love to have one.  I'll send you a pm.

Her secret is patience.

Offline suzy-q

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Members
  • With us since: 31/05/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2008, 06:15:05 AM »
I definitely have the Mayla if you want it. Let me know what your postage tolerance is - so I know what size to send.
Sue

Offline marla

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2008, 01:03:24 PM »
suzy-q, Just sat down to check my email, cleaned the lily pond today....moved some baby koi to the koi pond and the goldfish to the lily pond......Your post her has made my day, I'm so exstatic @O@........it has been a rough week here, Dh's aunt  that we take care of (86 no kids) had to be hospitalized Sat. for some internal bleeding, then Sun (Mothers Day) went to my MIL's to spend the day(we take care of her also) and while there she had a stroke....we were going to move here to assisted living this weekend.  Now it's looking like a nursing home, for who knows how long.....later that night my mom called and said they cancelled her chemo again due to her very low  blood count, she had a blood transfussion yesterday instead.  Everyone told me that is three bad things and now three good things........So Guess What you are my first good thing  :hug:.  I've wanted Mayla for 3 years....will it fit in a flat rate box?   I'm willing to pay good for postage, pm me details and costs and type of payment you  want, you have made my day, I can't thank you enough o(:-)
Her secret is patience.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"