Author Topic: almost!  (Read 741 times)

Offline El Jefe

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Senior Chief USN Ret
  • With us since: 09/11/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
almost!
« on: April 22, 2008, 07:47:43 PM »
 :-\ Dang it! I won't stop until I can do it.... My goal To take a picture of  a Dragonfly in flight and stop his wings.....each time I do this I get a little better at it, so close, so close! This was taken with My canon powershot s5IS love the camera just need to get a litlle more practice in!

Andy
… The soul is dyed the color of it’s thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day. The content of your character is your choice, Day by day, what you choose, what you think and what you do is WHO you become. Your integrity is your destiny, it is the light that guides your way……

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: almost!
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 07:58:17 PM »
Looks like a great shot to me.  That's one of my most favorite things about a pond, dragonflies.  I saw my first one of the season today.

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline marla

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 14/02/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 08:34:58 PM »
I agree, I've never tried to get one in flight, hard enough to get one to sit still long enough on a plant to get a picture.
Adopt the pace of nature;
Her secret is patience.
Town of Genesee, WI  zone 4

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
  • With us since: 23/01/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 04:43:47 AM »
Great shot Andy! My son is getting real good at getting the hummers. Speaking of witch, yesterday even to spite our cold snap and snow I saw my first hummer two days ago. I have the feeders up but brrrrr the poor cold babies.
I'm just happier outside!
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"