Author Topic: Horrible, horrible dog abuse/neglect  (Read 2090 times)

Offline Double S

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 01/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Horrible, horrible dog abuse/neglect
« on: April 24, 2008, 01:32:40 PM »
Animal Control asked me to take this poor boy into our rescue program. We picked him up last night.

Here is a link to photos and some information.

http://www.mastiffhope.org/animals/detail?AnimalID=515934

Saddest part is the  pix, make him look better than he really is  :'(

Offline Sonny

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 13/10/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Horrible, horrible dog abuse/neglect
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 02:21:02 PM »
Poor guy, bless his heart.  I hope it's not too late for him to make a full recovery.  I'm sure he's got a long road ahead of him.   :'(
Jim

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 06:22:27 PM »
Oh that is just horrible
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 07:10:02 PM »
I swear----------- >:(  I don't know what's the matter with someone that would do that to an animal. They ought to be treated just like they treated the dog. I'd like to chain them to a tree. >:(-

Let us know how he does.

Offline Double S

• Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2008, 08:07:27 PM »
The previous owners lost custody of this dog...but nothing else. They went home with not even so much as slap on the wrist.   >:(-

He "should" make a full recovery. Just a long road ahead. (We just don't know yet if he has any damage to his organs).  Vet wants me to feed him about every 2 hrs.  It will be a month before he will be strong enough to begin his Heartworm treatment.

Offline tammie

• Trade Count: (20)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2008, 09:36:13 PM »
What is wrong with people!?  And what is wrong with the neighbors around this person?!  I'm afraid I would have "stole" that dog in the middle of the night, a long time ago.  No way I would have been able to watch what was happening to that dog!  I all ready "liberated" a dog from the back of this idiots truck...  I did tell him later that I took the dog, but he's to scared of my husband to come get him!  lol 
Tammie

Offline ladybug

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • i went sky diving this year, amazing!!
    • View Profile
    • ladybug's garden spot
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2008, 01:38:27 AM »
i am touched by the goodness in your heart for taking in this victim of abuse.  do you have to pay for his treatment?  i hope for him to gain lots of weight and continue with his happy tail attitude.  you are to be commended.  there are no words to use for the abusers.  hopefully there is a special reward for them someday in hell for their cruel inhumane treatment of a helpless animal.  very good luck
ladybug
life is too short to be unhappy

zone 7b

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2008, 04:17:18 AM »
there are no words to use for the abusers.  hopefully there is a special reward for them someday in hell for their cruel inhumane treatment of a helpless animal.  very good luck
ladybug

Lady Bug said it.

I see it on tv all the time, its so sad.  There was  just one on the news this week where these people had 52 animals in the house.  Totally nasty conditions, 40 of them had to be put down that day.  There were more out in the barn.  The people right now are under arrest, but they will probably get a slap on the wrist too.

If you can't take care of an animal, why get it in the first place. 

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline Double S

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2008, 06:31:02 AM »
i am touched by the goodness in your heart for taking in this victim of abuse.  do you have to pay for his treatment? 

Yes we do pay for all his care and treatment.  We pray for donations when a case comes in like him.

Offline karen J

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • Karen's Frog Pond
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2008, 08:16:15 AM »
Yes, what Tammie & Ladybug said. It's incomprehensible to me that someone would treat any animal that way.
I hope he recovers...  you have a long haul in front of you, but judging from what you've already done, you'll do a great job.

There is a little dog I want to steal. He's a tiny Chihuahua who runs all around the neighborhood, skinny & dirty. His owners just let him out whenever, and they think he will be fine.  >:( 
The bus driver, mail lady, and UPS driver have all mentioned almost hitting him cuz he's so small & blends into the street.
Karen
Northern Illinois, zone 5

http://www.pbase.com/karenfrogpond

Offline Double S

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2008, 08:21:35 AM »
We do hope he'll be fine now.  (with lots of time, food and medical care).

I wouldn't hesitate in stealing the chihuahua.  Been there done that   {:-P;;

My personal dogs are 2 chihuahuas, 1 bulldog and 1 mastiff.  The rest of the crew here are all fosters.

Offline water_sprite

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Members
  • With us since: 30/03/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2008, 06:44:16 PM »
You know, there are just some people who are not in their right minds.    >:(-

Good for you to take in that baby.  He's lucky to have you. o(:-)

I belong to a kitty and a horse rescue.  Right now I have 4 feral kittens I'm taming so that they can be adopted and 2 horses I'm fostering.  I spent almost 20years working in an animal shelter and have seen everything.

I thank God everyday for foster families!

Brenda

Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again.

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline Double S

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2008, 08:09:29 PM »
I think when anyone does rescue....they end up taking in a huge variety.  I started off being doing bulldog rescue (as I used to show and breed)...so felt rescue was in responsibility.  Then was asked to help with a mastiff for one week...that was many years ago...and now that is what we rescue the most now.

We have rehabbed/fostered, horses, goats, iguanas, bearded dragons, turtles, torts, sugar gliders, birds...and all types of dogs/cats.

Offline DavB

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 26/03/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2008, 06:46:40 PM »
Hey, glad to see another rescue person here!   O0  Good luck with Duncan. Too bad they won't charge the owner.

Offline Double S

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2008, 08:07:53 PM »
Yes, right now it's pretty crowded here.  I am fostering 6 mastiffs.  Plus my own mastiff, bulldog and 2 chihuahuas.  And one of the things people always ask -- YES they are all indoor dogs!!!

Offline Ruthie

• Members
  • Monique
  • With us since: 08/07/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2008, 10:00:35 PM »
We are animal rescuers, too.  Our last rescue was an emaciated labrador retriever who was (apparently) abaondoned on a back road near out house.  She ran out in front of my van in the middle of a rain storm.  Skin and bones, pad leathers ripped to shreds.  Wormy (heartworm positive, too.)   She's really made a fabulous recovery.  She's sleeping on the couch right now, follows me around lik emy shadow at all other times.  My husband says that the critters have a radar...they throw themselves at my car, find me in parking lots, show up at the door.

Anyway...God bless you guys for taking him in. 

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"