Author Topic: Wish List?  (Read 2272 times)

Offline landey1230

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Members
  • Zone 9b
  • With us since: 30/07/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Wish List?
« on: April 30, 2008, 07:33:05 PM »
Where is this wish list everyone speaks of?  I feel oh so clueless.  :P
Alfonso

Offline Bonnie

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Wish List?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 07:44:28 PM »
Well usually it is plants that we are wanting to add to our collections... So it can be in our dreams, on paper, on various parts of the forum, etc. ;)

Offline landey1230

• Members
  • Zone 9b
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 08:43:16 PM »
But is there a specific place? 
Alfonso

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 05:04:44 AM »
I dont think so.  If so I missed it :)  Theres been a few threads occasionally where someone might ask what new plants do you want this year or something like that.

I coudl give you my full want list if your feeling the need to make someones day special :) 

tinkster

Offline landey1230

• Members
  • Zone 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2008, 05:53:18 AM »
Sure.  I should have some stuff at the end of this season.   
Alfonso

Offline Ruthie

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • Monique
  • With us since: 08/07/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2008, 09:00:49 AM »
My wish list got whittled down quite a bit this year.  I purchased and traded on the forum for some beautiful lilies and lotuses this spring.  I am just delighted about that @O@  I only have a couple of practical things on my wish list now...a Gonnere lily, some mare's tail.  For the not-so-practical....I tell hubby that I suffer from rock envy when I see photos of folk's ponds who have access to real rock that doesn't cost a fortune.  So add to my wish list "a couple of medium sized boulders" :D LOL!

Offline tranquility

• Trade Count: (72)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2008, 09:50:10 AM »
My wish list is never ending....I'm always seeing something new that I want....and I'm running out of room  :-\....last count I had well over 200 different water plants  {:-P;;
Lawanna
Life is too short...... Live, Love, Laugh !!!!

Oklahoma-45 min. from Ganderville
Zone 7a :)

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2008, 09:59:04 AM »
I've behaved this year.  I have not got a lily or lotus this year.  Guess I'm waiting to see how my lilies do with the monster fish this year.

My tropicals are still in the greenhouse growing well.  Can't trust this weather yet, just yesterday there was frost and today its 80.

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2008, 12:26:00 PM »
My Wish List is hidden.  When I see all the lily and lotus people selling their stuff I get crazy and want one of everything.  But like Kim, I'm a good girl this year, so far  ;D  But it's so tempting......

When my DH sees the boxes the UPS send he moans 'cause he knows I've been buying plants from those "Ponders" again!  :D

Offline karen J

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • Karen's Frog Pond
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2008, 01:06:15 PM »
Ruthie, I have a little bit of mare's tail. Don't know how much you need, but I could send you some.

My wish list is still about a month away. I've been on a blue kick for the past couple years, both land plants and water plants.
Blue leaves, blue flowers, blue fish, blue anything.   :)
Karen
Northern Illinois, zone 5

http://www.pbase.com/karenfrogpond

Offline landey1230

• Members
  • Zone 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2008, 07:11:19 PM »
My wish list is never ending....I'm always seeing something new that I want....and I'm running out of room  :-\....last count I had well over 200 different water plants  {:-P;;
Lawanna

What else is there?  You must have your hands full. 

I think I want to wait till my divisions are a little bigger.  Then I'll make a wish list. 
My Wish List is hidden.  When I see all the lily and lotus people selling their stuff I get crazy and want one of everything.  But like Kim, I'm a good girl this year, so far  ;D  But it's so tempting......

When my DH sees the boxes the UPS send he moans 'cause he knows I've been buying plants from those "Ponders" again!  :D

My wife has put me on a water plant budget.  No more a month. {nono}

Ky Kim- Good luck feeding that monster fish. 
Alfonso

Offline tranquility

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2008, 07:21:34 PM »
LOL...Alfonso---my DH has to ground me from trading sometimes...because I'll have soo many going on at a time  ;D....so I just act stupid when a box arrives...kinda like Hmmmm did someone send me some plants  {:-P;;
Lawanna

Offline landey1230

• Members
  • Zone 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2008, 07:27:24 PM »
 lol lol I'm going to try that one.
Alfonso

Offline tranquility

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2008, 07:33:20 PM »
Now in order to pull this off...you have to open the box , take out the plants....and say....Wasn't that nice of them  ;)
Lawanna

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2008, 08:45:16 PM »
Ok, what kind of wishes do I want: 

Someone to put down a new kitchen floor for me and paint.
Finish the bathroom dh started 3 years ago.
I also need to paint my boys room.
New carpet for my daughter room.

Oh wrong kind of wishes huh?

I do have to admit with me working so much the past 5 months, my plants in the greenhouse got neglected.  Everything made it except for 1 plant.  I will be searching for it, just to replace and nothing more. 

Now for my yard:

I need to concentrate more on my land plants now.  With my kids getting older, and have out grown so many of those huge little tike toys.  That allowed me to pass them to my great nephew.  Now his back yard looks like a day care...lol.  My back yard has really opened up.  Time to plant some things around.  Going to plant things that will come back.  Thinking about putting in a rose bed for sure.  We'll see.  I bet I don't do alot this year, for some reason I'm having a hard time getting started.  I did manage to buy some inpatients 2 days ago, there still in their flats.  Planted some petunia in pots yesterday.  Tomorrow, I want to go to a local greenhouse and get my waves.  Few things for my hanging baskets after that, I'm done.  At least till things go on sale after mothers day.  Ya know how they mark down the baskets after that day, then I may be into it and have some fun.

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline marla

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 14/02/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2008, 07:34:44 AM »
I have to much on my want list to list ;)  But tops would be time :-\......and maybe as soon as we get the MIL settled in an assisted living and her house sold I'll have a bit more ;)  Then I can work on my real wish list
Adopt the pace of nature;
Her secret is patience.
Town of Genesee, WI  zone 4

Offline Kat

• Trade Count: (176)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2008, 07:57:04 AM »
I wish I had a decent outdoor pond heater (that didn't cost a fortune to buy) so I could heat up one of my larger ponds to get the tropicals going faster.
Kat

There is never enough room for all of the water lilies that I want ;-)

Offline landey1230

• Members
  • Zone 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2008, 04:41:36 PM »
I'm really wishing for a mayla hardy water lily.  I don't know.  It's heating up here and I think the temp will send the lilies into shock.  Hmmmmm.

Good luck with your situation, Marla. 

Kat- I'm fortunate I don't have to worry about freezing water.

Ky Kim- My son is getting that stage.  All his toys are making their way to the backyard. 
Alfonso

Offline marla

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2008, 07:27:59 PM »
I'm really wishing for a mayla hardy water lily.  I don't know.  It's heating up here and I think the temp will send the lilies into shock.  Hmmmmm. 

Mayla has been on my list for 3yrs, never can seem to find it, or am to late for trade or sale.  Gonnere, Mangkala Ubol, Firecrest and Perry's Double Yellow are on there also.....Just got Pink Grapefruit that's been on for a while also.  I'm always adding to the list, or changing the priority, But Mayla is always at the top.
Her secret is patience.

Offline Kat

• Trade Count: (176)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2008, 05:09:58 AM »
If people would email me their wish list in January-February, I let those people know FIRST what I'll have available.  Name of the plants needs to be in the title of the email.

kat@waterlilygardening.com
Kat

There is never enough room for all of the water lilies that I want ;-)

Offline marla

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2008, 07:51:29 AM »
Kat thanks so much for the link and advice, I'll have to put it on my Fav. and check next year O0 Trying to fill last years new lily pond with my wish list and will end up giving away most of my unknowns.
Her secret is patience.

Offline landey1230

• Members
  • Zone 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2008, 11:10:56 AM »
I'm going to take you up on that.  Kat sent me a variety of plants when I ordered from her.  She will take care of you, that's for sure.
Alfonso

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"