Author Topic: Garden sprayer Modification # 2  (Read 1250 times)

Offline Johns

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Garden Endeavors
Garden sprayer Modification # 2
« on: May 01, 2008, 06:51:20 AM »
A while back I posted a modification for garden sprayers to keep them from clogging up while spraying.  Here is another modification.  This modification illustrates how to convert your sprayer from "pump up" to an air compressor charged sprayer. Of course you do need an air compressor to do this. If you do not have one, you should, since at less than $100 these tools allow you to spray paint, air up your tires, operate air staplers and nailers, and many other uses, including blowing out pond pumps, etc.

See the modification here:  http://www.gardenendeavors.com/rack/sprayerpressuremod.html

Offline Timgod

• Trade Count: (21)
  • Members
  • Houston, Texas Zone 9
  • With us since: 13/09/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Timgods Graphics
Re: Garden sprayer Modification # 2
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 07:46:19 AM »
We should just call you the "Ben Franklin" of the Ponders World.
You're ideas and implementations are amazing.
When I get some time I am going to try this.

Tim
On a quest for the elusive lilies...

Offline tammie

• Trade Count: (20)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 09:54:16 AM »
Oh!  I really like that!  And I can do it too!  All by myself!
Thanks Johns!
Tammie

Offline onecorgilover

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 02/04/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Southern Gardeners
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 10:47:33 AM »
Thanks, Johns....this is a godsend..... o(:-)

Renee
You can lead a horticulture, but you can't make her think - Dorothy Parker

Offline EagleEye

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • zone 5, Sauk City, WI
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2008, 04:45:59 AM »
Well, Johns, unlike you, I still use that old 1948 air compressor ;D O0

So, a quick shot of air will charge it?
Why not add a pressure guage? Just a thought.
BTW, read your air compressor mod--have to do that with the cheap chinese junk, rght?
They can build it cheap, and we can make it better.

Steve
My Biggest Worry Is That the other half (when I'm dead)  Will Sell My Fishing Stuff For What I Said I Paid For It

Offline Sunbeam56

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 30/03/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2008, 05:20:56 AM »
Yeah, but can you make it work like a flame thrower?
lol

Offline Johns

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • Garden Endeavors
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2008, 06:25:26 PM »
EagleEye,

You are right about one thing, this new compressor will surely not still be working 60 years from now.  But since I'm now 69, I won't be either.  The attraction to me was, of  course, the price, but more than that is portability. The old Craftsman compressor weighs about 75 pounds and has no wheels.  I could not justify the several hundred dollars that it would cost to acquire a USA manufactured compressor, so I did not hurt the American product because I would have just stuck with the old compressor.

Re: how long to pressurize: The key is the third sentence at the beginning of the page "As long as your sprayer has a pressure relief valve, you can pressurize it with a compressed air source and spray away for quite a while longer than you would from hand pumping. "  The first clause is IMPORTANT.  Do not pressurize any sprayer that does not have a pressure relief valve (PRV).  Assuming you do have a sprayer with a PRV, simply add air until the PRV begins venting.  You will then have a maximum charge.  The charge will last longer if you fill the tank with liquid to 1/2 capacity.  Always release all pressure before storing the sprayer.  Always check hose connections to ensure the hose does not pop off while you are using the sprayer.  All common sense, I suppose.

Sunbeam, We are talking about air and water based spray products such as herbicides, insecticides, and fungicides, not napalm.

I bet you would have a blast with a diet coke and mentos...Come to think of it, was this you???? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4kBNBEJKD8&feature=related {nono} {nono} {nono}

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"