Author Topic: Braeden update.  (Read 860 times)

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Braeden update.
« on: May 02, 2008, 11:35:55 AM »
Thursday he had a check up with the neurologist who diagnosed his OMS and the Neuroblastoma tumor. This is the first official appointment they have had with him since the original one. He has set in on several appointments with various people so has kept track of his progress. He said that he has three other patients similar to Braeden and he is doing the best of them all by far. There doesn't seem to be any lingering affects with coordination at all that he could see.

At an appointment the other day at the hospital, Bub received his first normal blood count results in about a year which makes it sound like the stem cell transplant may have done what it was supposed to.

One of Dawn and Kevin's friends is a nurse at the hospital where Braeden goes and she put their name in for a Make a Wish. They have been approved but don't know when it will take place as Braeden still has several months of drug therapy to complete + did I tell you Dawn is pregnant? She's due Sept 7 and they're getting another little boy. The ultrasound lady was very careful to scan completely the belly area, looking for any signs of tumors and also the spine, looking for Spina Bifida. They think Braeden was born with his tumor and I had a baby with open spine 35 years ago and they say that is genetic. They don't think the tumor is but his problem is rare enough that they're not sure.

Anyway, Dawn signed up for a Make a Wish walk June 7 and I said I'd help. Here is a link to my page is anyone is interested in contributing. If you do it online through a credit card, it will be deductable. Otherwise if you want to send a check to me, make it out to Make a Wish Foundation of Michigan and PM me and I'll send you my address or you can Paypal it to me through estherwaayenberg@netzero.com. But the check or credit card is deductable if you itemize.

http://netcommunity.wishmich.org/NETCOMMUNITY/Page.aspx?pid=240&srcid=252&frsid=2433

It's a Walk for Wishes to raise money for the Wishes Foundation. It's only 2 miles and I think I can do it. I just talked to Pete and he's going to do it too. He even sounded like he'd try to raise some contributions to the cause. Can you believe it? He said if I could do it then so could he.

It is headquartered at the John Ball Park Zoo in Grand Rapids. There is free admission to the zoo, a t-shirt if you walk and attain the goal and food for lunch and breakfast I guess.

As everyone knows, I'm not an exerciser for exercise sake but I think if I do some walking ahead of time, I can complete it. They are encouraging everyone who joins the walk to raise $175 but are happy to get anything. So of course I have my hand out. You guys have already supported my Soldier's Angels project and several have contributed to the local hospital, and to Kevin's family personally, St Jude's to honor Braeden, and some have sent gifts,  so don't feel obligated to do this too. But if you feel you want to, you can do it right on that page. I did it on Dawn's page with a credit card.

Well whoops that doesn't work. OK I used Esther for a user name and begin for a password. Try that.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2008, 12:13:30 PM by Esther »

Offline tammie

• Trade Count: (20)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Braeden update.
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 03:52:55 PM »
I think it worked...
Esther, can you email me?  My hard drive died and I lost all my emails and "favorite" places... I need your help with something...
Tammie

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2008, 08:00:52 AM »
Well I am just a little miffed. It turns out that Pete and I had already made reservations to go camping that weekend so we won't even be in town. So I'm going to go ahead with the fund raising part anyway. I think I'm going to make cookies and go down my block begging for donations and if they give something, give them cookies.  Or I could even act like I was selling them to use for a Make a Wish collection. Hey, maybe I could have people give orders and then the money I collect would go towards MAW.

OHHH AND I did get a donation through the site I posted. I was so thrilled because it gave me a good jumpstart and got the motivation juices flowing.

Offline joeyb5980

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • With us since: 21/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2008, 07:04:38 AM »
So glad to hear that he is doing well- I pray for continued improvement in his health!
Joey

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2008, 07:41:18 PM »
Just baked 10 dozen chocolate chip cookies so I guess I'd better get my rear in gear and start hitting up the neighbors tomorrow. Our Walk for Wishes team has $155 so far. That's a start. We have about 4 weeks to work on it. I asked at Staples and the med center today and all they gave me was dirty looks. LOL I had to laugh because when I worked in a branch bank, we were always getting asked for contributions. Said, "no" to many people and hope I didn't let it show on my face like the folks today did.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"