Author Topic: Test post for Julles  (Read 1161 times)

Offline El Jefe

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Senior Chief USN Ret
  • With us since: 09/11/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Test post for Julles
« on: May 05, 2008, 08:44:35 AM »
testing her ability to post pics
… The soul is dyed the color of it’s thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day. The content of your character is your choice, Day by day, what you choose, what you think and what you do is WHO you become. Your integrity is your destiny, it is the light that guides your way……

Offline Julles

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Test post for Julles
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 08:47:12 AM »
Correction - that's testing EL JEFE's ability to post pictures!

He has been helping me for, I hate to admit this, a good couple of HOURS, to try to get me to learn the ropes.  Honestly, I think there's a glitch in my computer that is preventing me from posting this same picture.

Anyway, this is the picture of the tub I raise tadpoles in.  Taken with "the world's smallest digital camera" it's not that great a shot, but, well, it's the first picture every posted of mine!

Thanks, el Jefe!

Offline Ruthie

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • Monique
  • With us since: 08/07/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 09:41:17 AM »
Yay photos!!!  ;D

Offline El Jefe

• Members
  • Senior Chief USN Ret
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2008, 10:56:52 AM »
Julles, This picture had a "." where it did not belong in the file extension and that was throwing the system off so I renamed it. it should work now.
… The soul is dyed the color of it’s thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day. The content of your character is your choice, Day by day, what you choose, what you think and what you do is WHO you become. Your integrity is your destiny, it is the light that guides your way……

Offline El Jefe

• Members
  • Senior Chief USN Ret
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2008, 10:58:42 AM »
See there it worked!!  @O@ I will send this back. Nice corral BTW. May work for my babies as well!
Andy

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2008, 11:07:07 AM »
Andy to the rescue!  @O@ 

I like your lily corral.  Great idea, Andy, for babies too.  How did you construct it again, Julles?

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2008, 03:31:57 PM »
Looks good, now we need a whole view shot.  I like the corral too.

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline karen J

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • Karen's Frog Pond
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2008, 05:03:22 PM »
Is that a Wakin in there? She's cute.  :)
I like the tadpole pot, too. The Hyacinths look great. O0
Karen
Northern Illinois, zone 5

http://www.pbase.com/karenfrogpond

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2008, 05:35:56 PM »
Sure looks like a Wakin. So cute. Glad you're getting the hang of pictures. My son made a cheat sheet for me and I used it until I could remember how to do it.

Offline Julles

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    • View Profile
Re: Test post for Julles - The Lily Corral
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2008, 11:39:52 AM »
Wow, my pics really up there, finally!  Thank you, El Jefe.  Still don't know why I can't get them posted on my own.

I had also sent el Jefe a pic of the lily corral out of the water, which shows the construction better.  I've had so much trouble with the pics, I don't know if he got it or not. 

It is made of PVC pipe, but a thinner version - it was originally a laundry sorter bin.  I threw away the fabric bags, but kept the rectagle frame.  I drilled holes in the bottom and side pieces, to let water in to weight it, but kept the top intact, to encourage it to float at the surface.  Spray painted it all black.  Then used fishing line to sew on plastic screen mesh from Home Depot - like what you would use for a sun / screen porch, or to shade an area.  Took two hours, maybe.

It's sitting with its two opposite corners on two milk crates which are at the bottom of the pond, and its height is just right to meet the surface of the water.  My two lily pots are inside the corral but on top of the crates, to hold them down.  I've got one more lily now, and, since it can't sit on the mesh bottom where there is no milk crate underneath (need to leave room for the fish to swim around!), I have a piece of flat flagstone inbetween the two pots, and will set the new, third pot on top of that.

This gives the lilies and other plants room to spread out, but keeps the koi away from them, and also affords a little protection from moving water outside the corral.  I have a few fantails and other small or delicate fish in there.  They're quite content, as the mesh allows filtered pond water to move freely through the corral.  When toads spawned recently, this was the only place I found eggs. 

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"