Author Topic: A few pics of yard plants today...  (Read 943 times)

Offline purplepshn2004

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • me
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
A few pics of yard plants today...
« on: May 05, 2008, 03:04:34 PM »
Here are a few of my plants in my yard from today.  Not as great as everyone else's, but I thought I would share anyway!

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: A few pics of yard plants today...
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 03:21:44 PM »
Nice reds and greens!  Love your taros!  Did you plant them from bulbs?  If you did, HOW?  I have some bulbs that aren't doing squat.  >:(

Offline Sonny

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 13/10/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 03:24:38 PM »
What beautiful photographs!   O0  The colors are so vivid and clear.  I love marigolds.   o(:-)  And that rose looks very healthy.
Jim

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2008, 06:11:23 PM »
What is that green plant in the ground below the trike?  I like the foliage...
American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline purplepshn2004

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • me
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2008, 08:09:39 PM »
Annette,

Thanks,  and I bought three huge bulbs at walmart two years ago, think they were called colocasia esculenta (elephant ears), like 3.99 each.  I first planted them each in small pots.  Then transplanted in the ground.  I just dug them up a few days ago and put them in the containers they are in now with some dirt and keep watering them.  They seem to be growing better now (more sun and more water) then where they were. 

Sonny,

Thanks for your comments!  I have a sony digital camera I bought a while back, and although I'm not much of a photographer, I love taking pictures of my plants and the outdoors. 

I love marigolds also and I started these in my wheelbarrow from seeds.  I think it is looking rather nice.  And I always cut of the dried up flowers and save the seeds for next year.  That is one of my miniture roses, I have three of them, two deep (dark red) and one that is a rather dark pink. 

Mikey,

I got that at walmart a couple months back on clearance for $1.25 I believe.  It didn't have a name on it, but from what I have found from my searching, I beleive it is some sort of flowering Kale (a relative of a cabbabe I think)...I'm no plant expert, if I like it, I buy it.  There are a lot of them planted along the roadways and near businesses here in southern Alabama.  I think it will have a purple tint to it at sometime or another.

Thanks again all!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"