Author Topic: Wife is fuming!  (Read 1834 times)

Offline olemacdee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 08/03/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Wife is fuming!
« on: May 10, 2008, 08:37:43 AM »
We woke up this morning to everything all white. Snow is covering everthing! Wife is so mad she wants to move. Where would we go? Seven hundred plus tornadoes so far this year across the Southern states, hurricanes along the Gulf and Atlantic coasts, rain all the time in the Northwest, record snows in the Rocky's and drought and fires in the southwest. I put in my resume for a couple of jobs in Hawaii a few weeks ago, but my salary would have to increase by fifty thousand to be equal with what I am getting now. My luck, we would move there and a volcano would erupt or maybe a sunomie would hit. Is there paradise anywhere? A place with mild climates, without gangs and violence, where you can raise your children in a good school system and where there is abundant work to support my gardening habit? Sorry for venting!
Ole

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Wife is fuming!
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2008, 08:50:51 AM »
Snow this time of the year?  Where do you live? 

No matter where you go you likely will find new problems you hadn't considered.  We love it here, but it has its problems......although snow isn't one of them..... :o
American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2008, 09:40:45 AM »
It's your turn to vent!  You have reason to vent.  I heard Colorado region had snow last week.  :o  So sorry to hear everything is draped in the white stuff.  It's unbelievable how many tornadoes have been recorded so far this year.

I love where I live and know how fortunate we are to live here.  What's a few shakes and bake and rotisseries?!  @O@  8)  ::)

Offline cc

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 23/04/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2008, 04:54:18 PM »
Just don't move to Hilo on the Big island of Hawaii if you are worry about volcano. You'll get the low crime rate and nice climate you want here but everything cost a lot more than most of the places on the mainland though.

Offline EagleEye

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • zone 5, Sauk City, WI
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2008, 06:36:32 PM »
Sean, I'd like you to read this. At my motorcycle site, in the upper right corner, we have our state flag. If people are freaked out about us knowing were they live, well, it's only the state, but at least we would know how to respond.

Just a suggestion,

Steve
My Biggest Worry Is That the other half (when I'm dead)  Will Sell My Fishing Stuff For What I Said I Paid For It

Offline olemacdee

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2008, 07:38:02 PM »
Mikey, I live in North Dakota. Its been a very cold spring here, if you can call this spring. The temperatures have been record lows here, averaging 20 degrees below normal. Our concrete crews haven't been able to pour yet because there is still frost in the ground. Hopefully, the weather is suppose to warm up next week. Of course, that's what they said last week!
CC, Thanks for the tip on Hilo! I'll make sure to stay clear of there.
Ole

Offline Desertponder

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2008, 08:02:10 PM »
Well, you might as well come to Colorado like everyone else is. ;)
Specifically the western slope of the state in the Grand Junction area.
We do not have extreme weather. We are high desert. Our winters are cold but we get very little snowfall.
Summers are in the 90's with about 2 weeks of 100+ temps in July.
We don't have tornados, floods, heavy snow, or much of anything else extreme when it comes to weather.
The climate is pretty mild. Lots of recreation opportunities, etc.
The eastern slope has more extreme weather, heavy snow and the occassional tornado on the plains.
Shanna
A true-blue kiddie pool, whiskey barrel & stock tank  ponder! :yes:
If it can hold water.....it's a watergarden!

Offline tammie

• Trade Count: (20)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2008, 09:59:50 PM »
Yep, cc's right about Hilo.  Plus it seems to always be raining over there!
"Our" island (both cc and I live on Oahu) has better weather, no active volcano, a little less drug problems... But everything is incredible expensive, and we have a lousy school system!  Ah, the price of paridise!
Tammie

Offline enzo

• Trade Count: (33)
  • Members
  • Entrepreneur, marketer, and more...
  • With us since: 15/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • Lorenzo Orlando Caum
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2008, 10:33:40 PM »
Florida!
--
Lorenzo
Buy tropical water lilies — Utopia Aquatic
An Enzo12 LLC venture

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
  • With us since: 23/01/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2008, 04:48:18 AM »
Sean, I'd like you to read this. At my motorcycle site, in the upper right corner, we have our state flag. If people are freaked out about us knowing were they live, well, it's only the state, but at least we would know how to respond.

Just a suggestion,

Steve
O0
I'm just happier outside!
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline Vickie

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2008, 07:22:47 AM »
Missouri, and this year sucks. Right now it is 45*F. Everytime I think spring is here maybe it will stay nice, it rains and gets cold again. It almost frosted again last week.

Offline frloplady

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2008, 08:03:28 AM »
We are having the latest apple bloom my DH can remember.  Was snowing on the pass yesterday.  At least that IS in the mountains.  High was around 50 yesterday..and supposed to be into the lower 90's next weekend????  :o

'
Mary

Offline olemacdee

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2008, 08:18:39 PM »
Tammie: Oahu is where one of the projects is located that I am interviewing for!

Enzo: Would you believe I moved from St. Pete, Fla. to North Dakota forty-five years ago. That was a big change. I would love to move back there but really concerned about the crime. I have some relatives that still live there.

Desert Ponder: Colorado has some great scenery but we have just about had our fill of cold winters. We would like to find somewhere that the low temps don't go below freezing for more than a month or so.

Vickie: I was in Joplin Missouri about thirty-five years ago and had to crawl under an overpass when a tornado came through. I noticed last week that Joplin had another tornado. I've been through a couple of hurricanes, at least a hundred blizzards and two tornadoes. Tornadoes are too unperdictable for me. I was born across the river from St. Louis in Alton, Ill.

Frloplady: I have never been to Washington or Oregon. I have heard that it has mild winters, but a lot of rain. Some day I will have to make a trip there. My sister flies for Alaska Airlines which is headquartered in Seattle. She lives in Phoenix but works out of Seattle.

It seems that wherever you live there are good points and some not so good. Maybe you just have to make your own paradise wherever you live.
Ole

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"