Author Topic: New members, as well as old, did you know we have a spiffy Tee shirt?  (Read 5013 times)

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
I only have one that is "athletic" and shows off a male body.  I am keeping it for myself! @O@ @O@ @O@ @O@ @O@ @O@ lol lol lol lol lol lol
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline Jonna

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 03/09/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Blah... blah... blah... Ginger!
Not to get too picky or anything but in fact, American, also refers to this whole continent from Tierra del Fuego to Prudhoe Bay.  Or, if you are educated in the US where there are more continents than the rest of the world recognizes, then American can refer to North America, which includes Mexico by the way, or South America or Central America.   So, that does leave Hong Kong out but it is definitely international. 

{:-P;;

Offline Cedric

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 30/04/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
there are more continents than the rest of the world recognizes, then American can refer to North America, which includes Mexico by the way, or South America or Central America.   So, that does leave Hong Kong out but it is definitely international. 

{:-P;;

Thought international meant the world? Or is it selective international? Following your logic its meant to be "Ponders of the America's" and any add-ons in scrawly script stuff.

Hmm I see my T is taken, nuff said.

Offline Jerry

• Members
    • View Profile
Cedrick, my post was a gag.
As I said before I had 2 minuters to come up with a name.
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

Offline Jonna

• Members
    • View Profile
From Merriam-Webster online:

1  : of, relating to, or affecting two or more nations <international trade>   
2  : of, relating to, or constituting a group or association having members in two or more nations <international movement>   
3  : active, known, or reaching beyond national boundaries <an international reputation> 

But aside from all that, I just noticed that my Merida weather icon in my sig now has a bunch of unrelated letters in it.  I wonder what happened?

Offline Cedric

• Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
I prefer the oxford English dictionary or at a push Collins Concise.

...... Available for use by all nations, international waters, international court.........Concerning or involving at least two nations....

May Hong Kong be the second "nation" as Jonna seems quite happy out in Mexico?  ;D

Ponders of America and Hong Kong
An international pond site

Offline Jonna

• Members
    • View Profile
Yes, I do love Mexico and living here. 

But hey!  the weird letters are gone from my weather thingy!  How odd!

Offline Cedric

• Members
    • View Profile
Wot weird letters, you been at the magic mushrooms again? :o I keep telling you those are only good in a casserole.

Offline Jonna

• Members
    • View Profile
But... they are gone! No weird mushrooms here.  Last night there were a bunch of letters like NFSXZW in front of the city - Merida - on the weather thingy.  Ah well, it's one of those unexplainable things I guess.   Can you see though, it's warm here.

Offline Cedric

• Members
    • View Profile
Yes it states 81. Today we are 78.8 or 26%C and it's raining. All the lilies are out, looking a bit lopsided as they fill up and fall over. I can't believe it but I actually found a hosta, one of em dried up things in a packet of wood shavings. Im going to give it a bash.

Offline Jonna

• Members
    • View Profile
Yes, 81F but at 11pm!  It was 107 F in Merida today.  I'm actually a couple hundred miles away on the Caribbean coast right now, we have a condo over here.  It's cooler here but more humid.  The ocean breeze is good though and the water temp is very nice.   I've got all 4 sliding doors open to the water now and the breeze is cool and refreshing.   

It is the season here when the huge sea turtles come in and dig holes to lay their eggs.  They can't see red so all the houses along this bay have switched their outside lights to red so it won't scare them away.  I hope I can get some pictures if I see one laying some night and share them here.  They are incredible.  First they are huge, the size of a really large coffee table.  They only come on land for this one task so they don't walk well and it exhausts them.   They dig big holes, up to 4 ft deep in the sand, flinging anything in their way to the side, like recliners or beach chairs or tables.   They lay from 70 to 100 eggs, once they start laying they are in a trance and you can go up to them, take pictures and catch the eggs if you want.  The eggs are soft but harden on contact with air, you can feel it.   We get Loggerheads, Leatherbacks, and Green sea turtles mostly, occasionally the smaller Ridley's.   There is an ecological group here that collect some of the eggs, protect them and when they hatch they feed the little turtles for a few days to get them stronger and then release them.  They are so small, life is very dangerous for them and only a small percentage make it to adulthood.  Anything to raise the odds a bit in their favor.

This is a baby Ridley's (I think) that we saw being released over on the west coast of Mexico, thus the brown sand.  I'll look for some pics I have from over here on Caribbean, with our white sand, and post them. 

Offline joeyb5980

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • With us since: 21/08/2006
    • View Profile
That is all really fascinating Jonna!  How fun to be a firsthand witness to that.... Glad to hear that everyone is willing to cooperate with the turtles by switching their lightbulbs...
Joey

Offline Julles

• Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Well, how about "Ardant Ponders," or "Astute Ponders," or "Avid Ponders, or "Active Ponding Ponders" just to come up with a few off the top of my head.

Cedric, you must have gone to school in the U.S., or maybe England? right?  Your English is perfect, and your wit and sense of humor... well, that "taught and athletic" cracked me up!  So, DID you live over here for a time?

Offline Julles

• Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
I KNOW!  I've got it!!!   "ATHLETIC Ponders!"   

;D  ;D

Offline Joyce

• Members
  • location: Southold, North Fork, Long Island, New York, Zone 7B
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Albums
Global Ponders.  O0
Peace to all  ... Joyce

Breast Cancer Survivor

“Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature.
It will never fail you.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline Jerry

• Members
    • View Profile
Athletic Supporters. lol
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

Offline Cedric

• Members
    • View Profile
Hmm Ponders International  lol

Offline Double S

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 01/06/2007
    • View Profile
Whatever we want to call it -- I got my shirt today!!   @O@

It's a little big though -- does that mean I can stop my diet?   {:-P;;

Offline Jerry

• Members
    • View Profile
NO! {nono} O0
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

Offline Sandye

• Members
  • With us since: 17/03/2007
    • View Profile
Jerry, I just ordered a tee shirt. I hope it fits...if not, I'll just shrink it down until it does (since I ordered the 100% cotton).   lol

You know I WILL be expecting expecting artwork on my package!!!  ;)

Offline Sandye

• Members
  • With us since: 17/03/2007
    • View Profile
Whee!!!  I got my tee shirt already!   @O@ @O@ @O@  Man, that was speedy shipping.  I ordered it at 10:00 Tuesday night and got it this morning.   O0

Thank you, Jerry!  It's beautiful and so is the nifty artwork on the envelope!  @O@

Offline LeeAnne151

• Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
I've had my tee for well over a year and I can attest that they wash and wear well. :)

Jonna, love the turtle picture!
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"