Author Topic: 29 Sept - Home early from the office  (Read 1227 times)

Offline MikeW

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
29 Sept - Home early from the office
« on: September 29, 2006, 09:51:12 PM »
Here we have Lion's Tail, Heliconia - a gift from Marilyn, Plumeria, and a forgotten name, drought tolerating, yellow plant.

Cheers, 

Mike

Los Angeles California Zone 10

Anytime I see something screech across a room and latch onto someone's neck, and the guy screams and tries to get it off, I have to laugh, because what is that thing?

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: 29 Sept - Home early from the office
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2006, 10:35:07 PM »
A little bit of everything O0  Has your heliconia flowered yet?  The last plant looks like Bulbine frutescens ‘Hallmark’
American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline EagleEye

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • zone 5, Sauk City, WI
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2006, 06:18:27 AM »
Mike,
I love those fall colors.

Steve
My Biggest Worry Is That the other half (when I'm dead)  Will Sell My Fishing Stuff For What I Said I Paid For It

Offline MikeW

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2006, 08:32:46 AM »
Never had a bloom from the heliconia Mike, but this summer it tripled in size, so hopefully by next year.

Bulbine Frutescens is it - an easy name to forget, but just as easy to recognize again. Another of my "research on the internet for the perfect plant" mishaps. While a happier ending than my plumbago experience, it was descibed an an evergreen bush, with yellow flowers, drought tolerant, and taking full sun. While it is all that, I was expecting some sort of miracle hibiscus, so was a tad disappointed.

Cheers,

Mike

Los Angeles California Zone 10

Anytime I see something screech across a room and latch onto someone's neck, and the guy screams and tries to get it off, I have to laugh, because what is that thing?

Offline Teresa

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • Atlanta - zone 7b
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2006, 02:13:18 PM »
Your bulbine doesn't look so bad . . . . looks like a nice blooming grass.  I like the lion's tail too . . . perfect colors for this time of year.  (Cept today feels more like winter than fall)

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2006, 02:52:43 PM »
Very pretty! I would have love to have known you when you tosses the pumbagos.. I am desperate enough with so much coverage I would take anything :)

tink

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"