Author Topic: I'm excited  (Read 607 times)

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
I'm excited
« on: June 01, 2008, 03:52:56 PM »
because I have raised about $500 so far for Make a Wish Foundation and am waiting on a $500 check that has been promised. I have baked about 28 dozen chocolate chip cookies, 10 small loaves of bananna or appplesauce bread, corn muffins, 3 big batches of brownies, 3 dozen dinner rolls and 2 batches of rice crispie treats. I bagged up the stuff in zip loc bags of 6 cookies or rolls, 1/4 batch of breads, brownies or RC treats and sold them for at least a dollar donation to MAW. I also let them choose any of my garage sale things that were unpriced for a donation. The neighbor let me set up tables in her garage sale. I'm doing this because Make a Wish has approved a wish for my grandson.

In case I haven't mentioned lately, Braeden is doing pretty well. We saw him last night for his birthday dinner with us. He seemed happy and healthy and was flying around like any typical 3 year old. By the way, it was on his birthday a year ago he was given the diagnosis of the malignant Neuroblastoma. The past year has been filled with chemo treatments, radiation, stemcell transplant, isolation, all kinds of medical procedures/tests and now the drug therapy. He is about 4 months into his drug therapy (Accutane) program with 8 months to go. The Accutane treatment is two weeks on and two weeks off. It causes a lot of not so nice reactions but thus far they are coping. He will sunburn easily and his toddler skin cracks and peels something fierce. So Mommy is careful to keep a hat and shirt on him while outside and lathers his skin constantly with grease and sunblock. ;) By the time the second week off the stuff, comes around, he finally is back to kind of normal and then they have to start another round of Accutane.

We had a fire pit and roasted marshmallows for Smores in the early evening. Braeden wasn't too thrilled with the chocolate or marshmallows but did like the graham crackers. The best part was throwing dead weeds in the fire to see them flame up.

If anyone is interested in contributing to the Grand Rapids Walk for Wishes, Make a Wish Foundation, go to
http://netcommunity.wishmich.org/NETCOMMUNITY/Page.aspx?pid=240&srcid=238&frsid=2433 and click on "SUPPORT ME" and with a credit card you can give a donation. You will receive a tax deductable receipt by email. We are Super Bub's Super Heroes. LOL. There is just Dawn, Kevin, Pete and I on our team.

A few weeks ago there was a Relay for Life event held near my son's home. Braeden and two little girls got to light the candles at the opening ceremony. Dawn and Kevin did the lead laps for the event. She said it was a very emotional time, as you can imagine.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 03:58:01 PM by Esther »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"