Author Topic: Desperate for good sized lilies  (Read 1536 times)

Offline livetogarden

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Desperate for good sized lilies
« on: June 01, 2008, 07:07:15 PM »
Had to redo our pond because of a leak. Was keeping my lilies alive in totes during the work but when a neighbor cared for our house and flowers while we were gone recently she forgot to check the tote's water level. Was hoping they would pull through but only 1 did. Now we have a gorgeous repaired pond with only 1 nice size lily in it. I would love anything but Fl. Sunset which I recently bought from Kat. Will buy or trade for land plants I have....obviously I have no pond plants to trade with right now.
Thanks!! Cath
zone 5b

Offline ladyblues1965

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 28/05/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Desperate for good sized lilies
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2008, 08:30:29 PM »
Sorry  to hear  of your  loss. how terrible :'(
I have  some pretty  nice size lillies. They are Alba . they  are  3.00 each plus postage.also  Have reed ,water willow,  sweet grass Acorus, water celery ,horse tail ,hornwort they are 2.00 each.
if ya  want  some  pm  me.
Ladyblues

Offline lindaky

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 29/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 03:43:52 PM »
Hi! Don't know if you remember me or not but we traded a few years ago. I have a few lilies you can have but they aren't huge, just decent starts. I'm not sure if they are unknown pink or white(Gonnere). Also have a very small Joey(yellow I think thats what I sent you before). Let me know.

Offline suzy-q

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Members
  • With us since: 31/05/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 06:02:37 PM »
Dear Desperate - If you don't need to know exactly (100%) what the lilies are - I have some I can send you. I am fairly certain they are Colorado - since my Colorado's grow to gargantion sizes and that is what I accidently uprooted last fall while cleaning out some gunk from the bottom of the pond. Regardless, I uprooted some huge lily, about 3 feet in diameter and I couldn't get it to sink back to the bottom of the pond. So I divided up and put it into some netting bags and anchored to the bottom with some rocks. The neighbors probably thought I was getting rid of my husband  ;D
So now I have 20 lilies floating around waiting for either a good home or for me to get them potted.

Let me know what you think.

Sue

Offline Desertponder

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2008, 09:25:03 AM »
I'm really sorry you lost your lilies. :(
I have an extra Aurora that is blooming size and I have a Burgundy Princess that is a tuber about the size of the palm of your hand and has baby pads starting. It may or may not bloom this year. I'll trade for something with you if you want them. :)
Shanna
A true-blue kiddie pool, whiskey barrel & stock tank  ponder! :yes:
If it can hold water.....it's a watergarden!

Offline livetogarden

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2008, 05:12:29 PM »
I knew I could count on my fellow forum members. I have had several nice offers for lilies. Thanks!!! You guys are the best!!! My pond will, once again, look like something I can be proud of.
Cath
zone 5b

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2008, 07:33:26 PM »
When the Cicada invasion is over I'll see what I have.  I know that a couple of them have jumped pots and growing in their neighbors pots.  I've gotta get it done.  But can't stand to be outside because of the Cicada's.  Check out the post in Pond Chat and you'll understand.  I will get out there as soon as the the bugs will let me.

Kim
« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 07:35:05 PM by Ky Kim »

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline crazyfishlady

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 30/07/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Graphic Design by Dianne
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2008, 11:20:45 AM »
I wish I could help you, being I'm in Omaha and all. But I am still adding lilies to my pond. I do have a new crop of hyacinths and that nice Chrysanthemum water lettuce. Don't know if you need marginals but I could share some dwarf cattail and some kind of reed. Also iris siberian and regular. My purple pickerl had a baby too.
Dianne,
I'm really not crazy, I just talk to my fish.
[img width= height= alt=" border="0]http://3dflags.com/art/comps/usane01/3dflags_usane01-0001a.gif[/img] Nebraska
www.diannesgraphicdesign.com

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"