Author Topic: Purple shampoo & lilies ....  (Read 1422 times)

Offline Kat

• Trade Count: (176)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Purple shampoo & lilies ....
« on: June 03, 2008, 01:23:55 PM »
 :)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 07:26:01 AM by Kat »
Kat

There is never enough room for all of the water lilies that I want ;-)

Offline Ruthie

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • Monique
  • With us since: 08/07/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Purple shampoo & lilies ....
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 01:42:49 PM »
I've used that shampoo  ;)  You're gonna laugh.  I used to show horses when I was in my teens and twenties.  My horse was a beautiful grey Arabian gelding...his mane and tail were snow white and so long that I'd have to braid it to keep it from dragging the ground.  It would get kind of yellowed though...so we'd buy that purple shampoo to brighten his greys ;D  He passed away a few years ago, at a distinguished age of almost 30.  (I miss him....can you tell?)

Anyway...beautiful lilies.  o(:-) Love the Foxfire.  I am still waiting for Albert to bloom here (my only tropical)....I counted about a dozen buds the other day, but no blooms yet.

Offline Sunbeam56

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 30/03/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 01:44:14 PM »
The Rhonda Kay you sent to me is little bitty - but already trying to bloom.
Is it going to be shampoo-purple too? :)

Offline sushi

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 16/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2008, 01:49:53 PM »
I don't need the purple shampoo yet.  I use the brown shampoo lol  Your lilies are beautiful.  I have always loved Foxfire O0

Offline Desertponder

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2008, 03:37:09 PM »
Very pretty! O0 I think I'm going to have to break down and get me one of those Foxfires. :)
No purple shampoo here either.  :D
My great grandmother on my dads side had completely silver hair when she was in her late 30's.
I have very old pics of her that are quite striking because you can tell she's young but her hair
was white-white. I was always afraid mine would turn silver by my 30's but so far at 50 I just have a few scattered greys. ;)
Shanna
A true-blue kiddie pool, whiskey barrel & stock tank  ponder! :yes:
If it can hold water.....it's a watergarden!

Offline Kat

• Trade Count: (176)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2008, 04:07:06 AM »
Thanks ... love the story about the horse.  We always miss our special pets.  Albert Greenberg is a great lily & once those buds open you'll be pleased with the colors.

Savannah--your Rhonda Kay should bloom soon.  I'm surprised it already hasn't but then this year has been strange.

Premature grey runs in the family, so I just kind of shrug it off even though many people have asked how old is my granddaughter (instead of daughter, LOL).  Don't want to hassle with dying my hair.

Foxfire is a beautiful lily.

Kat

There is never enough room for all of the water lilies that I want ;-)

Offline Vickie

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2008, 05:31:33 AM »
I agree Kat don't dye your hair. Nothing looks worse then dyed hair growing out because people don't dye it soon enough. I tried to dye my white hair blond once. It looked okay but some  of it stayed gray. My hair started turning white at age 33. I am now 62 and have white hair except some brown on the back of my head.

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2008, 06:56:59 AM »
I knew yall were full of wisdom :)   No greys to speak of here thanks to lady clairol.

Love the lillies!!!

tinkster

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2008, 09:50:06 AM »
Kat, I've used the purple shampoo for years. Mine is So Silver by Matrix. Don't worry, it won't turn your hair purple.

My hair started going gray when I was in my early twenties. I colored it until my early thirties then gave up. I was getting white roots along the part and around my face in two weeks and I do mean white. Looks much worse than dark roots. My hair and skin are dry anyway and it was starting to fry.

Nice blooms. I have a feeling our weather is going to be so bad here this year that the only ones I'm going to see are the ones on this forum.
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Offline karen J

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • Karen's Frog Pond
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2008, 10:29:44 AM »
If you read the story while glancing at the Foxfire, it almost sounds like the Foxfire is telling the story.

Beautiful lilies. Keep on posting them, weather is lousy here too. I haven't even bothered taking my Night Bloomers or tropicals out of dormancy.
Karen
Northern Illinois, zone 5

http://www.pbase.com/karenfrogpond

Offline bunny56lbc

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/09/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2008, 01:36:01 PM »
Kat, you're lilies are Beautiful !

bonnie

Offline Sandye

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 17/03/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2008, 08:54:21 PM »
Your lilies are gorgeous, Kat!!!   @O@

I have a couple of hardy lilies, but don't expect to ever put any more in my current pond. My yard is so shaded, they would never bloom.  I love to look at pictures of other people's lilies, tho.   O0

« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 09:15:23 PM by Sandye »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"