Author Topic: Can't believe this  (Read 836 times)

Offline crazyfishlady

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 30/07/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Graphic Design by Dianne
Can't believe this
« on: June 07, 2008, 10:44:03 AM »
This isn't the best pic, but las year I planted this lily(smaller upper pads) directly in the rock 8-10inches below the budding lily (larger lower pads) it spead upwards? Didn't know they did that.
Dianne,
I'm really not crazy, I just talk to my fish.
[img width= height= alt=" border="0]http://3dflags.com/art/comps/usane01/3dflags_usane01-0001a.gif[/img] Nebraska
www.diannesgraphicdesign.com

Offline Sunbeam56

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 30/03/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Can't believe this
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2008, 11:28:46 AM »
Its amazing how FAST they respond to water depth. :)

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2008, 11:48:54 PM »
I have heard of people growing lilies in only gravel.  They report that the plants are not as vigorous and don't flower as well as those planted in soil.  I plant my water iris and arrowhead in soil-less media and they do well.  Your lily looks like it is doing well without soil.
American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline crazyfishlady

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 30/07/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Graphic Design by Dianne
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2008, 06:57:19 AM »
I have 5 hardy lilies just in the rock, they probably don't bloom as much, because I don't fertilize them. My pond guy said they filter the water better when not in pots and the fish provide nutrients. It must work because that lily wasn't there last year. I grow them mostly for the cover the pads provide and the lilies are a beautiful bonus. I do have some large buds coming up right now.

He installed four when he built the pond and I hope to post some pictures when they open so maybe you experts can tell me what they are.
Dianne,
I'm really not crazy, I just talk to my fish.
[img width= height= alt=" border="0]http://3dflags.com/art/comps/usane01/3dflags_usane01-0001a.gif[/img] Nebraska
www.diannesgraphicdesign.com

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"