Author Topic: Had to take my son to the ER tonight  (Read 1884 times)

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Had to take my son to the ER tonight
« on: June 21, 2008, 09:31:58 PM »
Its not funny but it is funny.  He's pretty athletic, and was doing flips on the trampoline

(I know they're dangerous, but we do have the net.  Only 1 can be on at a time doing flips).

He was doing a double flip, first time no problem he said.  Second time, he walked across the street to where we were and he was bleeding.  I already thought he had knocked his teeth out or something.  But he had split his lip on the inside, top and bottom.  That's the un-funny part.

His lip was caught in his braces.  Bleeding bad enough I really couldn't see much, just knew it was stuck bad.  Packed his lip with an ice pack and looked again.  I moved his lip, but I couldn't get it un-stuck.  So, had to take him to the ER.  His top lip is soooo fat right now.  Doc numbed him up with a shot before he worked on him.  Took all of 10 minutes.  But I didn't know what else to do...

Kim
« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 08:11:31 AM by Ky Kim »

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline Jonna

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 03/09/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Blah... blah... blah... Ginger!
Re: Had to take my son to the ER tonight
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2008, 09:44:35 PM »
Ouch!  Ouch! The poor kid, just another reason to hate your braces.  I'm really feeling sympathetic right now as my whole face is swollen from having 3 dental implants.  All I can think of is OUCH!  Better give him lots of soft ice cream so he won't feel so bad.

Offline Kat

• Trade Count: (176)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2008, 03:33:12 AM »
OUCH!!!  I had the big chunky braces, so I know how miserable they can be.  Never got my lip caught but I think you did the right thing to get it taken care of right away. 

I remember whenever my braces got tightened that is when my father decided that it would be a good time to go out to eat (which was a big treat!) & my teeth would be hurting enought that it was hard to eat.
Kat

There is never enough room for all of the water lilies that I want ;-)

Offline Sunbeam56

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 30/03/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2008, 05:30:17 AM »
Ouch is right!
Part of the pain, as a mom, is that "brave boys don't cry" face that boys make.  :'(

Offline bunny56lbc

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/09/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2008, 01:04:55 PM »
Ouch ! Make's my teeth hurt just thinking about it!
Poor little guy , hope he's feeling ok now.

bonnie

Offline Ky Kim

• Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2008, 01:13:56 PM »
The inside of his top lip is a mess, just one little place on his bottom.  He says it doesn't hurt much, but I saw him put some of the numbing med on.  He has an antibiotic mouth wash to use for a few days.  That is some strong smelling stuff.  Burns my nose just smelling it, it should cure anything.  His lip is still pretty swollen.

Kim

« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 09:00:57 PM by Ky Kim »

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2008, 03:50:17 PM »
Oh your poor son!  At least you did the right thing  O0  Hope he feels better real soon.

Offline Krista

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2008, 08:28:03 PM »
ouch! poor kidlette! That had to hurt bad! So.. no more flips until the braces come off?
Mom of twins, knitting nut, and want to get back into water gardening.

Offline SueSTx

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2008, 05:12:00 AM »
Sorry for his pain

How about a mouth guard for next time?

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2008, 01:16:35 PM »
Yup Kim you didn't have any choice unless you wanted to tackle the job. Sorry for the kid.

Offline Ky Kim

• Members
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2008, 03:01:01 PM »
Esther, I did try to get it un-stuck, just no luck. 

SueSSTx....that's a good idea, never thought about it.

Kim

Offline EagleEye

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • zone 5, Sauk City, WI
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2008, 03:09:56 PM »
ER was a good choice. Really sorry to hear that happened, but kids bounce back very quickly.
Steve
My Biggest Worry Is That the other half (when I'm dead)  Will Sell My Fishing Stuff For What I Said I Paid For It

Offline joeyb5980

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • With us since: 21/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2008, 06:41:49 AM »
Ouch!  I hope he recovers quickly... It's just his mouth though, and teenage boys don't eat much anyway right??  {:-P;;  LOL  At least he didn't hurt his teeth  :)
Joey

Offline Ky Kim

• Members
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2008, 08:30:11 PM »
Took him to the orthodontist today, everything was alright.  They did give him a mouth guard, now for them to give his twin one. 

Kim

Offline Oceanbum

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2008, 04:52:45 AM »
Ouch!! Sounds painful!! I'll make sure and tell my daughter so she won't do the same thing!! Just the mention of a shot will make her think twice before she even steps foot on a trampoline while she has braces!!!

Sort of on the same subject last year in her cheerleading squad one of the girls was on a trampoline, only it didn't have the nets on the side. She caught her toe somehow down in the springs and tripped. When she fell she came down right on her mouth and the force pushed her four front teeth up inside her gums!!! OUCH!!!!!  :o  She had to go to Children's Hospital and have them surgically pulled back down!!! Somehow I'm not exactly sure how that all took place but they were able to do it.

I hope your son recovers quickly!!!  O0
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 04:56:02 AM by Oceanbum »
Becky

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"