Author Topic: Take a look at all these new pets!  (Read 1603 times)

Offline Kittyzee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Take a look at all these new pets!
« on: October 04, 2006, 07:16:51 PM »
I cannot believe that we have another new batch of kittens, and the mother has now abandoned them to me and youngest daughter, Abby, to bottle feeding them.  This is no small job since you even have to try to make them go to the bathroom ::) by stimulating them to go.   :-\  Wish us luck as we try to bring these babies into the world healthy and loved.  I can't just abandon them.  My FIL told me I needed to dump them in a bucket of water...I told him  "sorry, they aren't thirsty!"  {nono}
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline Joyce

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • location: Southold, North Fork, Long Island, New York, Zone 7B
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Albums
Re: Take a look at all these new pets!
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2006, 07:54:37 PM »
Good luck Luann! O0
They are adorable! o(:-)
Peace to all  ... Joyce

Breast Cancer Survivor

“Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature.
It will never fail you.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline Indiana Karen

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2006, 08:45:43 PM »
Oh, what sweet kittens.  You have a nice of assortment of colors too.  Through the years we have had a lot of gray cats.  Its no easy job bottle feeding kittens.  I have done it a couple of times, in fact, tiny kittens caused a disagreement between hubby and me one time.  ;) He brought them home expecting me to raise them.  ::) At the time, I was working full time with two very small boys.  :no: Luckily we found someone else to take them. :) 
I have four cats, found my last one in the middle of the road this summer screaming her little head off, I'm sure she had been dumped.  She's a sweety, here's her picture.
Good luck!

Offline livetogarden

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2006, 09:30:53 PM »
Bless your heart LuAnn...as well as your daughter's.
I liked your comment to your FIL.   lol
Karen....your kitty is the coolest colors.
Cath
zone 5b

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2006, 05:09:49 AM »
Thanks everyone! They are still thriving as of this morning, Abby fed them, put drops in their eyes, so they'll have to wait 'til I get home from work to go through the ritual again.  AND I get to give 5 tiny enemas since they aren't pooping after getting formula :'(   My DH just laughed when I asked if he would help me.... &-)  Karen, your kitten is beautiful, we have one that looks similar--she is one we had spayed many years ago...but since we have so many females now there is no way we can afford to spay them all.  Vets don't care to give you a break and the shelters aren't helping either.  They used to give out coupons for money for spaying and neutering, but the vets quit honoring that {nono} 
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

Offline tranquility

• Trade Count: (72)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2006, 08:00:39 AM »
There is a trick to getting them to potty after eating.... a warm damp wash cloth and rub their private area up and down just like momma would do....they will potty  (8:-) I have raised 2 cats from bottle. we lost one 2 years back she was 12 and the other is 14 years old now...also have a 9 year old dog I raised from bottle....It was a tiring job and don't jump at the chance to do it again :-\ it is hard.....especially had if they don't make it :'(....you have a beautiful little bunch there...hope all goes well....
Lawanna
Life is too short...... Live, Love, Laugh !!!!

Oklahoma-45 min. from Ganderville
Zone 7a :)

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2006, 09:22:10 AM »
They are beautiful, I'm glad you didn't take them swimming  :(

These facilities are listed on a website as offering low cost spay/neuter:

Humane Society of Delaware County
Delaware OH
www.delawarecohumanesoc.org

Pet Concern
5322 N High St
Columbus OH
614-885-3186

City of Cleveland Spay-Neuter Clinic
2690 West Seventh st
Cleveland,Ohio 44113
216-664 2759

Spay Neuter Clinic
3136 S Hamilton Rd
Columbus Ohio
614-367-9933

There are a bunch on this page too:

http://www.angelfire.com/md2/mdpetrescu/Ohio.html

I hope this helps.

Since a female cat can breed before they are a year old and can have three litters a year, spaying is crucial!
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2006, 12:35:54 PM »
Lawanna,
I've done the warm wash cloth trick, and it works fine for peeing, our problem is the other since they get bound up from switching to formula.  Once I've solved that problem, they are usually good to go.  I've done this with many litters before, but it is very time consuming!  (8:-) 

Thanks everyone for your input  o(:-)
LuAnn

Offline Teresa

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • Atlanta - zone 7b
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2006, 07:53:49 AM »
Wow!  You are a brave woman.  The kittens are adorable.  Good luck to you and your daughter!

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2006, 07:31:58 PM »
Thanks Teresa!  They are all still doing well, even got them to poop!!  They are so sweet after their tummies are full, they quit crying and try to focus on your face.  They shake their little heads, and their tongues try to lick the milk off their fur.  DD#2 and I are taking turns with these furbabies, it's not as bad a chore when you have someone to help with the feedings.  :D
LuAnn

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"