3 (20%)
"Psycho" (1960)
2 (13.3%)
"The Exorcist" (1973)
1 (6.7%)
Other
4 (26.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: Horror movies  (Read 1969 times)

Offline Reedman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Horror movies
« on: October 04, 2006, 08:35:12 PM »
Since Halloween is just around the corner, I thought I'd run this poll.
Reedman

1300 gallon pond - midnight & regular shubunkins/sarassa comets/white comets/rosy red minnows.

Offline ladybug

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • i went sky diving this year, amazing!!
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • ladybug's garden spot
Re: Horror movies
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2006, 02:37:04 AM »
i am the other vote. i guess i am showing my age, but i think hush hush sweet charlotte stayed in my memory more than any you listed.  i still remember vincent price's pit and the pendulum as very memorable.
ladybug
life is too short to be unhappy

zone 7b

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2006, 09:23:08 AM »
I don't like horror movies.

The only ones I've willingly watched are the Scream trilogy and they are mostly comedy.
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Offline Desertponder

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2006, 09:30:47 AM »
I don't care for scary movies very much but I did like The Shining and the book was even better.
Shanna
A true-blue kiddie pool, whiskey barrel & stock tank  ponder! :yes:
If it can hold water.....it's a watergarden!

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2006, 12:18:21 PM »
Hard to vote.. I like so many of them.. but the suspense in halloween really did me in.. I love scary, suspense.. not blood and gore though.

... I sit here and watch them and get so petrified that I cant even get up and go to bed..... some adreline huh! 

Offline Johns

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • Garden Endeavors
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2006, 06:04:24 AM »
Actually, I did not really care for any of those on the list.  From the early days, I have had a soft spot in my heart for "THEM" (1954), "House of Wax" (1953, in 3-D), "The Bad Seed" (1956), "Cape Fear" (1962),  and the 1925-1929 version of "the Phantom of the Opera",  and "The Picture of Dorian Grey" (1945).

Later white knuckle movies would include the Sci-Fi "ALIEN" (1979), "ALIENS" (1986), and, of course, "The Howling" (1981).

But these are just my taste, and as we all know, "There is no accounting for taste".

Offline JohnInFlorida

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • Middleburg, FL ~ Zn 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2006, 07:30:35 AM »
Johns,

Cape Fear  O0  O0  O0 ... Robert Mitchum was "MR SCARY" in that film ...

Horror films aren't my thing, but thrillers? WOW!

Keep Smilin'
John  :)
"Life is hard;
It's harder if you're stupid."
                                    John Wayne

Offline LeeAnne151

• Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2006, 09:40:17 AM »
I love Alien and Aliens but I consider them Sci Fi not horror ;)  III and IV are both pretty awful....

I have never seen Halloween, Nightmare on Elm St.,  etc.

I have seen The Exorcist and The Omen, not a fan of either one. I thought the Amityville Horror was lame.

Two movies that scared me are SSSSSSSSS and Prophecy. I will not willingly watch either one again.
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Offline -Greg-

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • With us since: 27/09/2006
    • View Profile
    • Casa de Gunkel
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2006, 02:01:13 PM »
Children of the corn for me, having driven across country a few times and stopping for gas in a few "off the beaten path" small towns, I could relate...

Offline karen J

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Karen's Frog Pond
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2006, 07:58:38 PM »
Children of the corn for me, having driven across country a few times and stopping for gas in a few "off the beaten path" small towns, I could relate...

Children of the Corn was the very first 'Drive In' movie I ever saw. I think it was a Double Feature, with Dawn of The Dead the second movie.

I like the old Creature Feature or Chiller Theater movies they used to show on Saturday mornings. I would create a "fort" with a blanket, back against the wall so that nothing could sneak up on me from behind. Frankenstein, Dracula, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, etc. All the really old stuff, and lots of 60's B movies.
Also, lots of Cold War-ish Sci Fi, like "When Worlds Collide".

"Mars Attacks" is a great spoof on all that old material. o(:-) Funny stuff.
Karen
Northern Illinois, zone 5

http://www.pbase.com/karenfrogpond

Offline Teresa

• Members
  • Atlanta - zone 7b
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2006, 08:06:40 PM »
Oh man!  There ya go!!!  When I first read this thread I thought 'I woudln't vote for any of those . . .'  But the only real horror movie I could think of that scared the bejeezus outa me wasn't an old horror movie. 

Dawn of the Dead was the first really scary movie I remember watching (or trying to watch).  The new one that I thought was too much to watch in one sitting was The Ring - took me weeks to get thru that one!

Offline karen J

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Karen's Frog Pond
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2006, 08:46:55 PM »
Ahhh, The Ring.  :D I've been wanting to see that, but what about the kids? Is it appropriate for them? I'm not really interested in movies that we have to hide from the kids (we do a family movie night). If my kids were OK with LOTR, would they be OK with the Ring? The kids are pretty sturdy, but things scare them that I never would have guessed- like giant zucchini monsters.
They're OK with Orcs getting their heads chopped off- but please omit those giant zucchini monsters!  lol
Karen
Northern Illinois, zone 5

http://www.pbase.com/karenfrogpond

Offline LeeAnne151

• Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2006, 12:23:10 PM »
In Phoenix they had "World Beyond" on Saturday mornings, lots of Godzilla, Planet of the Apes, random Sci Fi and a few horror movies like Frankenstein and the Wolf Man. Loved most of them.

We used to go to Dawn of the Dead at the midnight movies. It was sooo gross. I mostly tried to drag everyone to Rocky Horror or Mad Max instead.
~LeeAnne~

Robert A. Heinlein

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"