Author Topic: taaaadaaaa..after 3 years ..anyone wanting to try lotus? UPDATED........  (Read 3123 times)

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
3 years for this one to bloom.  first year no where near enuff sun, 2nd year same senario, 3rd moved to the new pond and a tree feel on them then hail damage done them in and this year finally she is blooming.. prolificially 15 buds and news ones coming daily.

I will be changing this lotus pond over next summer to a lilly pond and will have tubers to give away.. trying to advertise while she is pretty and blooming.. she is unknown white but very pretty! I tend to like the colored lotus better or thought I would but I had never seen a white one in bloom.. she really stands out against the dark leaves so those of you who dont tend to like white.. you should rethink :)   I am like her so much I am gonna keep a pot of her..... okay enuff hopefully enuff of yall will want them ....

tinkster
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 05:52:13 AM by tinkster »

Offline tinkster

• Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
MORE ADVERTISING... :)

Offline Ruthie

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • Monique
  • With us since: 08/07/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Tink...I would love a tuber!  (Not sure where I will put her, but.. {:-P;;)  I love white! o(:-)  She is gorgeous!

Offline El Jefe

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Senior Chief USN Ret
  • With us since: 09/11/2006
    • View Profile
Wow Tinkster nice!! Mine looked just like that (her child) althought she definitly needs to be divided. (mine that is)
Andy
« Last Edit: June 28, 2008, 02:49:53 PM by El Jefe »
… The soul is dyed the color of it’s thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day. The content of your character is your choice, Day by day, what you choose, what you think and what you do is WHO you become. Your integrity is your destiny, it is the light that guides your way……

Offline cc

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 23/04/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
 ;D I would like a tuber too, please. How can anyone resist such beautiful advertisment  8-)~

Offline Johns

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • Garden Endeavors
Very beautiful!   Probably the white ones are the most georgeous of all, but for reasons i cannot figure, are the hardest to sell, at least they were for me.

Offline tinkster

• Members
    • View Profile
Johns.. I dont understand aftering seeing her.. she is the one you sent me and I have waited all these years to see her bloom :)  She almost got tossed this year but hectic things happened and I never got around to changing the pond over.. sooooo glad I didnt!

Wooohooo ruthie and CC  that makes me feel so much better.. I just cant imagine just dumping the extras in the compost pile!

tinkster

Offline tranquility

• Trade Count: (72)
  • Members
    • View Profile
OH Tink that is gorgeous  8-)~ 8-)~...and guess what I don't have one  {:-P;; {:-P;; HINT---HINT  ;)
Lawanna
Life is too short...... Live, Love, Laugh !!!!

Oklahoma-45 min. from Ganderville
Zone 7a :)

Offline lorraine1960

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • Live--Love and pond :)
  • With us since: 18/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
wow beautiful...........i would love 1 too Tink let me know....lorraine
lorraine

Offline Vickie

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
    • View Profile
Tink it was worth the wait. It is gorgeous.

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
I haven't seen a white one lately here.  Yours is beautiful!! 

If you have any left I sure would love a white one to go with all my other white blossoms!  Save one for me!!

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
She is beautiful  O0
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Offline Joyce

• Members
  • location: Southold, North Fork, Long Island, New York, Zone 7B
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Albums
Absolutely stunning!  O0  :clap: :2thumbs:
Peace to all  ... Joyce

Breast Cancer Survivor

“Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature.
It will never fail you.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline tweetybaby2005

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Members
  • Proud mom to a child with Autism
  • With us since: 21/05/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • http://banners.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates_both/language/www/US/KS/Wichita.gifhttp://banners.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates_both/language/www/US/KS/Wichita.gif
Tink, that's a beauty.  Since I'm new to ponding and almost half way convinced my DH of giving me a lotus/lily pond, I sure would love to have 1 when it is time you divide it. 

Love the white color.  o(:-) o(:-)  So beautiful.  O0  More so after it has been through so much in the last 3 yrs. But it sure is worth the wait though. 

Kuan

Offline bunny56lbc

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/09/2006
    • View Profile
She is Beautiful , tink! And you took some nice picture's of her too  O0
( I already have 2 white lotus's or I'd ask for a tuber)

bonnie

Offline aravenschild

• Members
  • With us since: 28/12/2007
    • View Profile
Tink,
Its BEAUTIFUL!!!!! @O@ @O@ (hope I didn't spell that too loud.... {:-P;;)

If you have any left, could I put a request in for one? I don't know what they go for, but let me know and I'll cover cost and postage.......

Thank you,
Vicky (the crazy iris lady)

Offline rdrboone

• Members
  • With us since: 12/09/2006
    • View Profile
Tinkster,
I would love to have a tuber of your gorgeous lotus.

Ruth
Ruth

Offline marla

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 14/02/2007
    • View Profile
Wow Tinkster that is a beautiful one.   You have lots of takers for tubers, if you have enough I'd love one also....don't mind waiting.
Adopt the pace of nature;
Her secret is patience.
Town of Genesee, WI  zone 4

Offline Sunbeam56

• Members
  • With us since: 30/03/2008
    • View Profile
Wow! That's some WHITE LOTUS!!!! :)

Offline landey1230

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Members
  • Zone 9b
  • With us since: 30/07/2007
    • View Profile
How exciting.  Good job Tinkster.   O0
Alfonso

Offline joeyb5980

• Members
  • With us since: 21/08/2006
    • View Profile
That's beautiful Tinkster!  I love it!!!!  I am a sucker for white blooms though on lotuses and lilies.   Great pics!
Joey

Offline KatFish

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Members
  • With us since: 20/05/2008
    • View Profile
 o(:-) I'd love one too when the time comes!!  I'm a new addict, and she's pretty...  :hug:

Offline spanishleprachaun

• Members
  • With us since: 12/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • ~Building ponds and waterfeatures in San Antonio, tx
    ewwwwwwwww la la tink !!!
like that !! count me in if you have a spare tuber of that !! would love to try my hand with those ;)

beautimusssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss    @O@ 
Carlos
www.aquaticescapes.net
San Antonio, Tx
* I build-redo-fix-fishcare-tweak-improve- and occasionally fall in ponds ?!?! :)

Offline tinkster

• Members
    • View Profile
Re: taaaadaaaa..after 3 years ..anyone wanting to try lotus? UPDATED........
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2009, 05:54:37 AM »
Hello

Hopefully next week or the folowing depending on weather, i will start digging out this pond.  I hope to have lotus for everyone that wanted one and am sure there are that many in the pond but will depend on how easy i can get them out without breaking or losing tubers so those of you that replied to this list, please drop me a pm and let me know if you still want the lotus.  I will just go from the top of this list down and hopefully get all of ya in ;)

tinkster

NOTE:  last year i had alot of damage shipping lotus tubers so i guess i am not to good at box them ........soooo this year I would like to ship in a flat rate priority box.  The rate for this box is almost 10.00 but it allows me to put the tuber in a smaller box then into this bigger box for protection. Paypal will charge me about .50 fees for the payments you send so the price for the lotus will be the 10.50 for shipping and paypal fees.  If u dont want this added protection, the shipping would probably be in the 6 to 7 dollar range depending on location.  Just dont want any hurt feelings over damaged tubers arriving so if you opt for cheaper, i am not responsible  ;0)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 06:20:54 AM by tinkster »

Offline MikeW

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2009, 01:21:40 PM »
Nice going there Tink. I always found lotus to be very difficult to grow (impossible really, as I tried three times and never succeeded.)
That view was worth the wait.

Cheers,

Mike

Los Angeles California Zone 10

Anytime I see something screech across a room and latch onto someone's neck, and the guy screams and tries to get it off, I have to laugh, because what is that thing?

Offline miller

• Members
  • With us since: 16/02/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2009, 07:58:44 PM »
Tink I would love one or two  if there are any left . How deep is the water over the pot ? I think I will put it in a half 55 drum . Thank you David

Offline Dkoinut

• Members
  • With us since: 19/08/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2009, 08:46:12 PM »
Hi tinkster. I'm probably too late, but if not I'd love a start too. Gladly the shipping and handling too. That looks to be a very large lotus. I didn't notice if you said how big a planter is needed and how deep to keep water over the soil line?

Offline tinkster

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2009, 09:11:13 PM »
Dkoinut and Miller..

It looks like my weather here is gonna be pretty crappy all week so probably be another week before I know.  I posted this last summer and made a list of those that wanted them.  Times have changed though and some that posted they wanted may not still want them.  I have another pond with what i called the monster lotus in it which i believe is ms perry slocam that i will be culling out also so there could possibly be some of those to give.

The lotus you see are not in pots they are in ponds.  The white one is a 8 ft preformed pond.  I have not had great success with growing mine in whiskey barrel pots. They grow beautifuly but dont bloom much, others here do great in pots though.  I would go as BIG  as possible on the pots or lined holes you dig in the ground.  I keep anywhere from 6" down to 1 or 2 " of water on my lotus.  I am not real prompt with filling my ponds/pots.  I HIGHLY recommend that you look here on the forum at Lawanas and Joyce's step by step planting of a tuber.  I was prepared for lotus to be very difficult as most say but done their way I have never lost a tuber when planting.   anyway.. I hope to know something early next week.

tink
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 10:21:19 AM by tinkster »

Offline Dkoinut

• Members
  • With us since: 19/08/2007
    • View Profile
Thanks tink, and please add me to your list if you have any lotus starts available. I' ve bee growing momobotan and a tropical pink (looks the same) and useually only get a couple blooms. I plan to try larger pots this year.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"