Author Topic: Mobile home park owner thought he did me a favor. NOT!  (Read 1596 times)

Offline PondmaninAL

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • Pond God
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Mobile home park owner thought he did me a favor. NOT!
« on: October 05, 2006, 07:00:05 PM »
The owner of the mobile home park that we live in decided to cut down the false bamboo and the elephant ears around my back porch without permission or notification. He cut the bamboo off at around 6-7'. The elephant ears he cut off at the ground. He also drug a downed dead limb from another lot through our yard and covered the lotus trough in dead leaves. He also left it all piled in my yard. Florida statutes state that he has broke the law by trespassing on my property and doing damage to it.

The false bamboo was 16' tall and three of them had beautiful seed heads on them which I wanted.

I am totally POed.

Scott
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

ALABAMA!! 2010 BCS National Champion!!

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
Re: Mobile home park owner thought he did me a favor. NOT!
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2006, 11:16:11 PM »
Awful!   {nono}      The E Ears will come back fast.
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2006, 09:48:32 AM »
I would be furious!
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Offline PondmaninAL

• Members
  • Pond God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2006, 07:25:44 PM »
I am furious. Even more so tonight since I noticed that he finished cutting down the bamboo to the ground. He also threw three temporary fence sections out into the middle of the yard. My wife has been busy tonight looking up all the Florida Statutes that he has violated. I see a big lawsuit in the future.

My wife told me that I should plant the bamboo that I dug up last year back out there. It is in a large container right now. I plan to move my bald cypress tree out to that side of the house. If he touches that, I will put his butt in jail.

Scott
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Offline Teresa

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • Atlanta - zone 7b
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2006, 08:11:57 PM »
I'm so sorry . . . . it would be awful to work on your garden and give the plants tlc only to have someone who doesn't know why they are there come and cut them down.  Have you told him to stop now that he's done the damage?  If not, do so quickly before he does any more damage!!!

Offline PondmaninAL

• Members
  • Pond God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2006, 06:55:52 PM »
Teresa, I found out today that his stupid son did the work but only by the owners orders. We had a talk with him today. He didn't know the Florida statutes. He also didn't know that I was wanting to save the three tallest bamboo plants. He missed one bamboo though. It's growing under the mobile home. Also, it was all cut down before we first moved here. I let it grow. The first year, no blooms. The second year, I was able to get three seed heads. This year I was hoping for more seed heads and more dried bamboo.

He has agreed to get permission and notify us before he does anything else. The boy is suppose to cut the grass without getting any clippings in the lotus trough on that side of the house. The bamboo will be back. I plan to dig the tuber up this Fall and arrange them the way I want them. I might even set a small fence around them to keep a$$holes out. {:-P;;

Scott
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

Offline Johns

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • Garden Endeavors
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2006, 09:10:27 AM »
Scott,

When I was a young man before and for eight years after getting married I lived in 4 different mobile home parks in four different towns in central Illinois (Decatur, est Peoria, Normal, and Champaign).  None were ideal and the first one was the best of all.   The experience was enightnening and allowed us to save enough money for the downpayment on our house.  I had extensive flower and vegetable gardens in all the locations, but not without problems.  Best advice: move as soon as you can to property you own.  Of course you may still have goofy neighbors, but we all endure that from time to time.  Oh, and just before you move, plant some Polygonum cuspidatum across the back.  It will be there forever no matter how many times the park cuts it down as a reminder that you were there!

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2006, 10:59:14 AM »
Mobile parks are being sold for development here and a lot of people are in trouble with nowhere to take their trailers. Been big on the news lately.
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2006, 11:31:33 AM »
My brother bought a modular two story mobile home on Lido Island in Newport Beach for 240K and he still has to pay $1800 a month for the property lease.  These units look just like regular homes but they are mixed in with really old mobile homes that have been there since at least the 50's.  It's fun to see how these old mobile homes have been remodeled and expanded.  Very unusual.  In any event, the owners of these older models are being priced out because of the increase of the property lease.  Their mobile homes can no longer be moved elsewhere due to the renovations they have made on them.  It's pretty sad.  Some of these old-timers were friends with John Wayne who used to live across the way on Balboa Island and they like to reminisce about the "good ole days" when the Duke used to come over to visit with one of his lady friends. :o
American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline PondmaninAL

• Members
  • Pond God
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2006, 05:38:48 PM »
Thanks for the planting idea Johns. The owner didn't even know what vine he had growing on the fence around the sewage treatment area. It's air potato and it's an invasive species here in Florida. Everywhere a potato falls, a vine grows. They were brought here as a food source for the slaves.

Scott
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

Offline Johns

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • Garden Endeavors
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2006, 07:36:15 PM »
Scott,
I know all about that "air potato".  Had one as a curiosity 34 years ago, took 10 years to eradicate, and i STILL find one every few years.  And, In my zone 7 a the plant should not survive!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"