Author Topic: Anyone have a sleep number bed?  (Read 1497 times)

Offline livetogarden

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Anyone have a sleep number bed?
« on: July 07, 2008, 07:25:54 PM »
DH and I need a new bed and these have caught our interest. However.......our present bed was also supposed to be great and we hated it by the time it was about a year old (is only a bit over 2 years old now), I actually sleep on a twin in our spare room more often than not because I hate our present one so badly, I hurt when I wake up after sleeping on it. It cost us plenty so we don't want to make that mistake again. The sleep number seems like a good option since we're so different in size.
Cath
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 08:22:55 PM by livetogarden »
zone 5b

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone have a sleep number bed?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 08:24:11 AM »
I think my son has one and they love it. My DIL's number is quite different from his.

Offline Desertponder

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 09:44:18 AM »
A co-worker has one and loves it.
I've kind of read up on them because we would like to get a new bed too. I hate ours also, wake up stiff and hurting.
The reviews are not so great on them in regards to customer service and getting the company to honor the warranty.
Seems some people report the mattresses leak after about three years.
I kind of have mixed feeliings about them.
Shanna
A true-blue kiddie pool, whiskey barrel & stock tank  ponder! :yes:
If it can hold water.....it's a watergarden!

Offline tammie

• Trade Count: (20)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 12:27:41 PM »
Cath is your bed one of those memory foam whatever things?  We have one - hate it!  It's hot, the "memory" stays to long, so when you roll over you're in the "valley" untill the "memory" comes back up!  Did that make sense?  Hate that bed!  I've been wanting to get the sleep number one too.  Haven't started the research yet.  Let us know what you find out.  Shanna, that leaking after 3 years makes me sad to hear...
Tammie

Offline Desertponder

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2008, 12:35:33 PM »
Go to their website and you can read comments left by customers.
Most of the reviews are positive.
There was another website that I was reading on though where more people had mixed or negative reviews about them.
I don't remember where it was but if I think of it I'll post it. I just remember a number of people stating that the mattresses would
start leaking after about 3-5 years and the company was not good about backing up the warranty.
Shanna
A true-blue kiddie pool, whiskey barrel & stock tank  ponder! :yes:
If it can hold water.....it's a watergarden!

Offline livetogarden

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2008, 08:33:26 PM »
Well....bummer!!! Back to the drawing board, it seems.
Tammie....our present bed has some memory foam in it, but is not totally memory foam. Your decsription did make sense and yes, that's pretty much what ours does. I know I hurt when I wake up after sleeping on it. We spent some big bucks on this one thinking we wouldn't have this problem. We did contact the company when it was still fairly new and were told they 'could take a look at it when they had someone in our area'. Apparently they NEVER have anyone in the Omaha area because although we've placed tons of calls no one has ever followed through.
zone 5b

Offline jclements

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • In the Garden Photoblog
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2008, 09:03:00 PM »
We have a pretty nice Simmons with individual coils and a memory foam top...it!s great for us. The foam can get very warm. We have stayed in hotels with SN beds and I was not too impressed. It reminded me of a waterbed. The simmons we got is quite similar to the one I slept on for a week at the Peabody. Radissons carry the SN beds, maybe try it out there? Everyone is different.
Jessica
Dallas, TX
Photoblog:  http://jessicaclements.wordpress.com

Offline Jonna

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 03/09/2006
    • View Profile
    • Blah... blah... blah... Ginger!
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2008, 11:20:12 PM »
We have a 4" memory foam on top of our very hard mattress in the RV and I love it.  It does stay a little warm, Tammie and I are both in the tropics and that matters, but I've found that I like it holding my temp as long as it isn't any hotter.   The first one we had we got at Costco and I liked it but it wasn't great and it seemed to lose it's 'memory' after about a year.  This last one we bought at Overstock.com and is a Serta and I love it.  I just ordered another one for the king bed down here.   Overstock has great prices, it's about the same cost for the Serta as for the no name we bought at Costco.  I'd give a memory foam topper a try and it might make your old mattress last longer.  I've found that my back doesn't hurt when I sleep on it but a few nights on the regular mattress in our condo and my back is killing me in the morning.

Offline livetogarden

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2008, 07:46:31 PM »
Jonna.....perhaps we will give your idea a try. Jessica......your idea of trying a night or 2 at a Radison that has SN beds is a good idea too, our 34th anniversary is July 27. Maybe we'll check out close Radisons for our get-away.
Thanks!!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 07:47:37 PM by livetogarden »
zone 5b

Offline Vickie

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2008, 06:04:01 PM »
We have a Sleep Number bed. We love it. We are both having back problems so it has helped a lot. We have had it either 2 or 3 years. And it works great for us.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"