Author Topic: Didn't someone get a greenhouse from Harbor Freight?  (Read 2497 times)

Offline livetogarden

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Didn't someone get a greenhouse from Harbor Freight?
« on: October 07, 2006, 04:48:05 PM »
How do you like it? Did you install it and if so, easy or a pain? What size did you get? Anything you can tell me about it would be great!!
Thanks,
Cath
zone 5b

Offline croft

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Didn't someone get a greenhouse from Harbor Freight?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2006, 06:04:38 PM »
Wasn't it LeeAnne?
Joanne

Maritimes
1800 gal watergarden
goldfish
zone 5b

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline PondmaninAL

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • Pond God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2006, 07:21:28 PM »
I'm collecting all the free sliding glass doors that I can while I'm setting in this mobile home park. I'm going to recycle the glass and build one after we move out of here.

FreeCycle is my friend. :)

Scott
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

ALABAMA!! 2010 BCS National Champion!!

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Offline frloplady

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
    • View Profile
Mary

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2006, 10:37:33 AM »
I have the Harbor Freight 6 x 8 greenhouse.

DH built a foundation for it to raise it up because it is short otherwise. DH did not find it hard to put together. I have read that the bigger one is more difficult.

That is the HF 10 x 12 on eBay, DON'T buy one from eBay, they are ripping people off. You can get coupons from Harbor Freight and they go on sale often. You can combine coupons and sales.

For a ton of information go to the Garden Web Greenhouse forum, there are hundreds of threads about the Harbor Freight greenhouses. Search HFGH, tons of info. Pics, modifications, etc.

http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/strucs/
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Offline frloplady

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2006, 12:59:01 PM »
www.atlasgreenhouse.com is a good company for those that want something a bit bigger.  They have a hobbygreenhouse web page http://www.hobbygreenhousekits.com/ that are nice too.
Mary

Offline Monica

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2006, 06:10:58 PM »
I got the 10X12 greenhouse from harbor freight and it was a nightmare to put together.  I took us two days because they would have you put something together then take it apart to put something else on.  I finally figured some of it out and was able to avoid some of the rework.  Now I am trying to figure out how I am going to heat it and does anyone know if you have to insulate them and if so how?  I am still hoping to get a bigger one some day.
The irony of life is that, by the time you're old enough to know your way around, you're not going anywhere

Offline LeeAnne151

• Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2006, 08:45:56 AM »
Monica
There are many threads on Garden Web, link above, about modifications to improve Harbor Freight greenhouses and winterizing too.

Sorry, tips on assembly too. After the fact for you.
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Offline livetogarden

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2006, 12:29:58 PM »
So Monica and Leeanne would you do it again? I would love to have a greenhouse and these seem like they are good prices for the size.
Cath
zone 5b

Offline LeeAnne151

• Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2006, 09:00:44 AM »
I just got it, haven't gone through winter yet but so far, HELL YES!  Even with modifications, accessories etc. which do add up, because the starting price is so low, it made it possible.

I was surfing Garden Web, actually was looking for potting shed info but found greenhouse info instead. I read about the HFGH and ran out and told Bob how cheap they were and that hundreds of people had them around the US and Canada. He asked me if I wanted one for my birthday.

NEVER would he have made that offer if the starting price for the greenhouse alone was $1500 which had been the lowest I could find for a 6 x 8 greenhouse, previously.

YES, almost any $1500 greenhouse is a better greenhouse BUT it would still be at the store!

I've wanted a greenhouse since highschool. (25 years ago, my reunion is next week)
~LeeAnne~

Robert A. Heinlein

Offline livetogarden

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2006, 02:42:56 PM »
Thanks Leeanne. My birthday is next month. I can always try, right? ;)
Cath
zone 5b

Offline Monica

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2006, 08:14:16 AM »
I just got mine too but yes I would do it again, even though I am having a little trouble keeping the panels on because of the wind.  I am going to buy some more clips and silicone it then i think it will be fine.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2006, 08:20:39 AM by Monica »
The irony of life is that, by the time you're old enough to know your way around, you're not going anywhere

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"