Author Topic: I'm a nervious reck  (Read 4280 times)

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
  • With us since: 23/01/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
I'm a nervious reck
« on: July 21, 2008, 07:58:28 PM »
Hi all, I just needed to share this cuz I'm so nervious.
My girl friend and I went to the Hydro plain races on Sat. and had a great time. Then we decided we needed to go out dancing. Well we closed the place down and had a great time. So why am I so jittary? I met a guy! A big tall guy and he is just a Great Dancer!!!! @O@ We got along real well and had a very good time. Ok I'm getting there. I have a dinner date with him on Fri! :D :o I haven't been on a date in 28 years except with my DDH. I feel like a scool girl going to her first prom. Any advice?????
I'm just happier outside!
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: I'm a nervious reck
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 08:02:19 PM »
Whooo baby!  You're literally dancing your way to happiness.  Relax and be yourself.  Don't give out to much life info on the first date.  Have fun!  Keep us up to date:D ;D

Offline karen J

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Karen's Frog Pond
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 08:13:26 PM »
I feel funny. At first I thought I clicked on PondmanFl's post, and thought wow have things changed.  :redface: Then I realized it was you.
You go out there and get some stud muffin!  @O@  Sorry, that's the only advice I can think of.  O0 Other than have fun, be yourself, and be careful.  :)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 08:14:55 PM by karen J »
Karen
Northern Illinois, zone 5

http://www.pbase.com/karenfrogpond

Offline Bartman

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Bart's World
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2008, 08:48:39 PM »
Be home by 10 pm and don't let him try anything funny with you.  {nono}

Bart

Offline Jonna

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 03/09/2006
    • View Profile
    • Blah... blah... blah... Ginger!
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2008, 11:49:29 PM »
Oh how wonderful!  I agree, just be yourself and have fun.  Oh, and tell him about your thousands of internet friends that will find him anywhere in the world if he doesn't behave.   lol  lol

Offline ladybug

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • i went sky diving this year, amazing!!
    • View Profile
    • ladybug's garden spot
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2008, 01:44:29 AM »
how exciting.  after getting my divorce last month after 20 years, i can't imagine going out on a date.  i can just imagine what a wreck you are.  i have already set in my mind that it will be a long time before i even consider getting naked with anyone ;)
you already must have dancing in common, so that is a good start.  i agree about not giving out too much life info at the beginning.  see what else you have in common.  good luck and please keep us posted.  i will live vicariously through you, k?
ladybug
life is too short to be unhappy

zone 7b

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2008, 04:23:27 AM »
Well I wont have to worry about to much info if I don't get my voice back. Yeppy the yappin lady lots it. Gone gone as my dgd always says.When he called the other day It was difficult to get anything out. Ok here's what I already know. He's clean cut not the bearded scruffie ya usually see around this hick town. He lives up in the Mountions about 20 miles.He's a great dancer!  He just got devoriced after 27 yrs and 3 kids, he is raising his 14 yr. old son, he's a great dancer. He's pleasent to talk with. We both love ball room dancing and want to do lessons next time they offer it, and did I mention he's a great dancer!  lol
Bart, come on 10! Check out my age again  lol
We are meeting in our own cars so that be good! I just hope that I wasent so toasted my judgement was all off base? I'm leaving to go to Ellensburg Sat am so I have to get home at a sorta decent time! I'm going to Jazz in the Valley Festaval. My son and his wife are the main event this year. They'll be in from NY.
Ladybug! OMG I haden't even gone there in my mind! Were going to dinner cloths on  lol lol
Ok I guess that ends chapter 2.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 04:45:51 AM by happyoutsidegirl »
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline Bartman

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Bart's World
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2008, 06:51:20 AM »
I did.  Okay 10:30 curfew, 11 tops.  You're still young enough to get into trouble!

Bart

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2008, 10:24:29 AM »
I'll tell you what I told every rookie cop when they are making contact with someone.....

Keep an eye on their hands at all times!  ;)
American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2008, 02:59:01 PM »
OH MERCY :o. Been there, done that!!! ::)  Not dancing but dating after 20 years of marriage. Was determined to keep our house so the kids would be able to go to the same school and church and live in the same neighborhool. My view of the future was just that and didn't include dating at all. Was not considering it even----ever!!! {nono} One night at church, my best friend, (now my sister in law, LOL) came up to me and asked how things were going and would I like to go to dinner with a bunch of couples from church I knew and would be comfortable with. "Sure, no problem." A few weeks later she said she was working on a night when they all could come and "OH BY THE WAY, DO YOU MIND IF I INVITE MY BROTHER?" Couldn't figure out why I should mind if she invited her brother. I knew him and knew he was alone and thought it would be nice if he got out for a change too. So that night, she comes in the driveway to take me to her house and I couldn't figure out why she did that. I had a car and only lived about 4 miles away from her. When we got to her house, there was a white Corvette in the driveway and DING --- I realized she had it planned for him to take me home afterwards. ::) We all went together in a large van and when we got to the restaurant, they all conveniently coupled off and left two seats next to each other so of course we had to sit together. The dinner went fine and then we went back to my now SIL's house for dessert and coffee. Eventually I had to ask her to take me home because I had to get up early. She looked around kinda puzzled and says, "I think I'll just ask Pete to take you home because it is right on his way home." So innocent!!! I think she had this all practiced. LOL. The next morning, she calls me before I left for work and says, "Well, what do you think?" I just told her he was too quiet for me and she sounded dissappointed. Evidently she had called him too with the same question and he asked her if she thought I'd go out with him. She didn't know what to say so told him, "Of course." LIAR!!! {nono} About two weeks later, he called for a date. That was 26 years ago and we've been married 24, June 21.

You both have some things that will complicate things but as time goes along, could work out. Right now, don't think about the future. Have fun, be yourself. Good idea to drive separate and go to a public place. I at least had known Pete on the edge of Marcia's family for years. Don't compare him to others. You know what I mean. Keep expectations low and to a minimum. Don't worry about impressing him. If you have to be somebody other than you really are, you don't want this. Take it slow and give it plenty of time to get acquainted and have lots of comfortable fun things to do together. You are one strong, efficient lady and a guy is only necessary for entertainment right now, somebody to have fun with.

TEEEHEEEE, have fun and I'll be thinking of you guys Friday.  O0

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2008, 03:41:42 PM »
I'll tell you what I told every rookie cop when they are making contact with someone.....

Keep an eye on their hands at all times!  ;)
{nono} I'm quite sure he wont be packing and pretty sure he's not going to be touchy feelie either.

Esther "You both have some things that will complicate things but as time goes along, could work out."
Not looking for anything long term, not hopeing for anything more than a pleasent time. If nothing else a good friend!
I'm pretty straight forward, what you see is what you get.  lol

Thanks Bart, I'll do my best! {:-P;;
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline Sandye

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 17/03/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2008, 04:49:29 PM »
OK, I WANNA KNOW!  How did the date go yesterday, Debbie??????????    :D

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2008, 09:26:28 PM »
Oh mercy----------where are you Debbie. Aren't you home yet? I was thinking about you last night. Hope things went well.

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2008, 07:47:13 AM »
Good grief Debbie. The date couldn't have lasted this long. Sure hope you are OK.

Offline Bartman

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Bart's World
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2008, 09:03:32 AM »
Obviously missed that curfew.

Bart

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2008, 09:16:13 AM »
 :search:  Yoohoo, Debbie!!  Don't make us send Mikey's uniformed friends out to find you!!

Offline Bartman

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Bart's World
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2008, 09:18:44 AM »
Time to work out the punishment.  Grounding?  TV?  Computer?  Car keys?

Bart

Offline Mikey

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2008, 10:31:25 AM »
tap, tap, tap, tap........................................

Offline SueSTx

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2008, 10:54:01 AM »
I think she is visiting with family this weekend.  She should be home later this afternoon.

Offline Desertponder

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2008, 12:58:37 PM »
Did anyone catch the part that he's a great dancer???  LOL! lol

UPDATE NEEDED!!!!  Heeeellllooooooooooo!! ;D
Shanna
A true-blue kiddie pool, whiskey barrel & stock tank  ponder! :yes:
If it can hold water.....it's a watergarden!

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2008, 05:14:18 PM »
I emailed her daughter. A person can't get away with anything around here.

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2008, 07:06:19 PM »
 lol Oops!  I guess I forgot to tell ya all I was leaving Sat. am to go to Ellensburg to do the Jazz in the Valley with my Son and DIL for the rest of the weekend! I'm laughing so hard I can hardly type.  lol
Thank you one and all for looking out for me. I love ya all!!!!! o(:-)
The date went wonderful!!!!! We ordered a drink and then dinner and talked and talked and talked! Then he said how about we head back up to Tonaksket and see if we can find some music or even Keriokie? I said sure! But we got here and went to the Eagles and nothing so we had a drink in the beer garden. Then we walked over to the other place in our podunk little town to see if any music there. Nothing. So big mouth me said, Well, I have some cold Alaska Amber in the fridge, want to run over to my house and sit at the pond? Well, that's what we did. We talked some more, and he just LOVED my pond and I turned the pond lights on and there we sat and had 2 beers and he gave me a big hug and said good night, can I call ya when you get home from the Jazz fest? Of coarse I said sure and he did! he called and rescued me from a one hour talk I was trying to end with my Mom,  lol She had called several times too to see how the Date went! Forgot to tell her I was going to be gone too! lol  @O@ ok so I told all  but it wasent kiss and tell! He is stopping by tomarrow around 5ish for a beer after he gets off work!
Ok I know that your all watting to hear this part???? I hope anyways???? He is a perfect gentialman!!!! He's fun, and sinsear. He is also almost a genious! for real!
Oh by the way Bart and Mikey. I was home before 10:30!!! O0 and he left before midnight. So Am I still in good standing? lol
Ok P.S. I had a great weekend with my DD and DGD and MY Son And DIL from NY at the Jazz festival!
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline Bartman

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Bart's World
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2008, 08:40:43 PM »
I don't know.  What do you think Mike?  Is she telling the truth or just covering her tracks now?

Bart

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2008, 09:25:24 PM »
Bart! It's the truth!!! I sweare! He didn't even come in the house!  In Fact he clled me a bit ago and said on Sat. he drug out the hoses and started mapping out a pond at his place!!
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline Mikey

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2008, 11:24:07 PM »
What do you think Mike?  Is she telling the truth or just covering her tracks now?
She's clearly covering her tracks Bart.  Let's see:
"We ordered a drink and then dinner".......... "went to the Eagles and nothing so we had a drink in the beer garden."............"I turned the pond lights on and there we sat and had 2 beers"

I tend to think she lost track of time.....  ;) {:-P;; ;D

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2008, 04:43:27 AM »
Well good Debbie. I'm glad you had an enjoyable time. And I'm glad he seems like a nice person to spend time with.  You deserve something like this.

I emailed Raina but didn't hear anything.

Did you take any pictures of the jazz festival?

Offline KatFish

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Members
  • With us since: 20/05/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2008, 06:19:12 AM »
Good for you!  I'm glad you had a great time.  I think these guys were about to release the bloodhounds tho....  ::)

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2008, 08:00:59 AM »
Well ya know, we have to take care of our own. If we don't, who will? Too bad the world isn't more that way.

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2008, 12:42:20 PM »
Thanks Esther, your super! Yes I took lots of pix but haven't even down loaded them yet. I was busy today REPOTTING my new beautiful Taro.  >:(- &-)that the koi pigs knocked over and dug up. ~#$%^&* fish! Raina isn't always real good and doing her email! But give her time. Bekka was so good at both the concerts we took her to. The first one was in a restrerant confrence room and over by 10 ish and she was an angel. The big one was at the out side Pavillion downtown. She was too funny. She went up below the stage and was steeling the show for a bit in frount of hundreds of people. She also wanted to climb up on the stage with uncle Jon and antie Grid (Ingrid) Just to funny. What can I say, she's 5! LOL!
Mark has called twice already and I just got home yesterday afternoon. Wants to meet me tomarrow for the Orovill centenial fest. Hmmm What to ware?
Now guys, I may have lots track a bit but I know I was in my bed and ALONE by 11:15! So dream on ;D {:-P;;
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2008, 03:35:57 PM »
Good, good, good. Glad you all had fun. Bekka is used to stealing the show. So what's new? LOL. Did you look at the last entry on Braeden's Care Pages? I think he's getting used to being the center of attention too from the looks of that. It won't be long and that will come to a screeching halt. Dawn is due September 7.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"