Author Topic: Still have too many tropicals  (Read 2039 times)

Offline Kat

• Trade Count: (176)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Still have too many tropicals
« on: July 27, 2008, 07:30:30 AM »
Thank you to everyone that ordered!
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 07:27:46 AM by Kat »
Kat

There is never enough room for all of the water lilies that I want ;-)

Offline Kat

• Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Still have too many tropicals
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2008, 08:47:51 AM »
 :)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 07:27:55 AM by Kat »
Kat

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 10:10:00 AM »
Hi Kat!  You did it now!  You've teased me all season...and now that my new lily pond is up and running I'm going to stock it with your babes!

Do you have any left of:

Ostara
Miami Rose
Colorado
Pink Flamingo

Thanks!
Smile!
Annette
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 10:12:50 AM by miguynmkoi »

Offline miguynmkoi

• Members
  • Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 09:29:08 PM »
 @O@ I got my special package today!!  @O@  Thank you Kat!

All the lilies are in the lily pond!  The water plants are floating for now.  What are the plants the almost look like canna and the other that looks like it has roots like bamboo?

Thanks for the special packing - blue ice!

Offline Kat

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2008, 04:31:01 AM »
Glad you are happy with your plants.  I don't recall what all I sent, but I think the bamboo looking one may be Pink Bells & the other I've got no idea.  Umbrella Palm, Dwarf Papyrus, Yerba Mensa, Red Runner, Water Zinnia, Parrot's Feather, Violet Stem Taro, Green taro (maybe), etc.  I sent whatever cuttings/extras of my marginals that I could get to. 
Kat

Offline miguynmkoi

• Members
  • Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2008, 09:59:53 AM »
OH!  Forgot to Thank  :worship: :worship: You for the 2 small Hoku Kea Lilies!!!  Fabulous Surprise!  8-)~

Offline AUTiger83

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 25/06/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2008, 10:51:59 PM »
My package arrived Thursday . . . just as a storm blew through.  I was going to use the storm as an excuse for a nap.  Ha. Ha. 

But I was too excited about the contents to nap then.  So I went down to the lower back porch and potted them up right away.

Beautiful lilies, Kat!  And thanks for all the "extras" in the box.  Just getting my tiny pond at the vacation house started, so the lilies have really filled it out nicely. 

The Blue Star's flower bud rose to the surface within 24 hours.  Amazing.  But it was still just a bud when I had to leave Sunday afternoon back to Atlanta.  I hate that I'm going to miss seeing it bloom.

The short woody papyrus looking cuttings that look like they've been clipped . . . What are they?  How should I root them?  And that is that thick (3/4" diameter) runner type plant?

I'll post pics tomorrow after I've recovered from the drive home.

Offline Kat

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2008, 03:29:40 AM »
Glad your package arrived safely.  The clipped stems are Umbrella Palm, plant or root in water--the roots grow at the joint of the stem/leaves.  The long runner is from my Violet Stem taro.  Thanks again.
Kat

Offline AUTiger83

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 25/06/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2008, 07:21:19 PM »
Attached are a few photos of the lilies in my new tiny water garden.  Excuse the poor photography . . . they are from my cellphone.

Photo 1:  75% of the pads you see are the three lilies I ordered from Kat (Blue Star, Rhonda Kay, & Wood's Blue Goddess).

Photo 2:  A photo of the flower bud on the 3rd day after planting in the pond.  It rose about 6 inches in 24 hours.  Kudzu has nothing on water lilies.   :)  I think it's the Blue Star.  Too bad it will be gone by the time I get back to Florida.

Photo 3:  View of the pond from the LOWER porch.  Still working on the stone.  Have to do a bit of cutting on the back pieces, have to fill in at the edge of the porch, and plant dwarf mondo in the joints.  Oh, and the hairy fish in the foreground is Maggie.

Photo 4:  View of the pond from the UPPER porch.  Dug the pond 7 weeks ago (a preformed 6 foot hard plastic pool).  Planted most of what you see within 30 feet of the pond at the same time.  It's amazing how fast things grow in the swamp (soft sand/soupy mucky black soil, hot, humid, and the sprinkler system running 1.5 hours a day.  Ha. Ha).

Offline DavB

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 26/03/2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2008, 07:25:59 PM »
That Rhonda Kay has jumped to the top of my favorites.  What a bloomer!

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2008, 03:30:45 PM »
Rhonda Kay is one of my most favorite tropicals.  She does blooom well.  Your pond looks great!

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"