Author Topic: Pulled lilies to divide  (Read 911 times)

Offline SueSTx

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Pulled lilies to divide
« on: July 28, 2008, 10:29:33 AM »
I'd like to buy some more lilies and marginals...DH says NO...I have no room.   ::) ::) ::)

I pulled 4 pots of lilies this morning.  I'm trading with some forum members for marginals.  I boxed them up and sent them off.  I still have the big tank 100% coverage.  The poor fish can't even find their food.  The baby goldies were trying to give me a pedicure when I was putting the pots back in.

One of the yellow tubers looked differant than I was expecting.  I miscalculated and split it down the center lengthwise.  I hope it makes it.   >:(-  I have the remaining half so I should know pretty soon.  I still need to divide the one in the big tank, but I don't want to ruin it too. 

It has been so hot 100*+ most afternoons.  The batteries in the camera are dead and the memory card is full...OH well...everything looks pretty much the same anyway.

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Pulled lilies to divide
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 03:13:37 PM »
lol ya looking for any particular marginals??? I have some needing to be thinned.. :)

tinkster

Offline SueSTx

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 03:30:53 PM »
tinkster...Thanks...

but I was just trading mainly to get rid of some of these lilies.  I have 100% coverage on most of the tanks.  I really didn't want to set up another one this summer.  I still have extra yellows.  I can't even see the fish to feed  :o :o :o

Offline Kat

• Trade Count: (176)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2008, 03:46:56 PM »
You are brave to be doing it in this heat  :o :o  Too funny about the nibbling on your feet.  I get that whenever I have to step into one of my ponds.
Kat

There is never enough room for all of the water lilies that I want ;-)

Offline Desertponder

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2008, 04:47:44 PM »
I'm not sure what you mean by "looks different."
The only thing I can think of is unless you have a Mexicana on your hands. It has lots of little banana shaped tubers.
Shanna
A true-blue kiddie pool, whiskey barrel & stock tank  ponder! :yes:
If it can hold water.....it's a watergarden!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"