Author Topic: There is a family in Canada that could use good thoughts and prayers  (Read 1377 times)

Offline Bartman

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Bart's World
I normally wouldn't post anything like this, but this story is so horrific that I think every Canadian has had cause to feel collectively ill and violated.

Two nights ago a young man was stabbed to death then beheaded and chopped up by a knife wielding maniac on a Greyhound bus.  It happened in the middle of the night and wittnesses say the accused was as emotionless as a robot during the act.  A horrible scream from the victim woke everyone else on the bus.  Thankfully everyone else was able to safely exit the bus and three people were able to keep the nut job barricaded in the bus until police arrived.  He taunted the people by waving the victims head in the windows.  Some of the passengers on the bus were little kids.

The story is all over Yahoo and probably a dozen other sites.  It is so horrific that I do not know one person who isn't shocked to the extent they are.

Personally, this is so horrible that I can't even begin to imagine what the family must be going through.  It has disturbed me to the core.  :'(

http://www.new.facebook.com/group.php?gid=22639421199 for those on facebook who may want to leave a message for the family.

Bart

Offline Joyce

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • location: Southold, North Fork, Long Island, New York, Zone 7B
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Albums
Re: There is a family in Canada that could use good thoughts and prayers
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 09:42:38 PM »
I was just reading that tonight after getting home from dinner out with friends...SOOOOOO heart breaking.  :'(
Peace to all  ... Joyce

Breast Cancer Survivor

“Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature.
It will never fail you.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 11:10:49 PM »
I saw the passenger sitting in front of the victim being interviewed.   He wanted to intervene but when a fellow male passenger took off for the exit he felt helpless to be able to stop the attack.  What a horrible experience.  Such horrible evil.  I doubt Canada has the death penalty but this depraved person certainly has earned such a sentence.
American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2008, 10:49:02 AM »
Horrible that this can happen!  Sad indeed when this kind of violence happens in beautiful Canada.  :'(

Offline Sandye

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 17/03/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2008, 02:36:25 PM »
I read the story.  That man was just truly insane!  >:(-  It's too bad there is no way to predict this horrible type of behavior.

My prayers will be with the young man's family.   :'(

Offline Bartman

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • Bart's World
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2008, 09:13:37 AM »
No death penality, but it sure is tempting to just off this piece of shit.

I think what has got to most people is not that someone was killed (we know that a fact of life is that people do get murdered and while horrible it does happen) but how the guy didn't stop there. 

What also bothers me is how many people online are calling the rest of the people on the bus cowards for not doing something.  It is easy to be an armchair hero with hours to think of what could have been done, but quite another thing to deal with in the middle of the night in a cramped space.  I'm sure that the kid was already mortally wounded by the time people even realized what was happening.

Bart

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2008, 10:23:25 AM »
It's easy to be an arm-chair quarterback.  With the crowded conditions of people panicking and immediately filling up the isle-way to escape coupled with the high back-rests it would have been very difficult to get to the suspect and  stop the attack in time to prevent death.

The pure evil in this man makes me wonder if he was demon possessed. 
American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline Sunbeam56

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 30/03/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2008, 07:45:36 PM »
This is the second that makes you wonder about demonic possession - remember the tragedy about the father that stomped and beat his son, despite the intervention of others - and a cop had to SHOOT him to make him quit? It happened in California.

There are some events that have no explanation.

Offline bunny56lbc

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/09/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2008, 08:02:23 PM »
OOOHHH , MY .... that is soo terrible  :'(

Prayers here for the young mans family .

bonnie

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"