Author Topic: Convicted child rapist moving back nearby  (Read 1153 times)

Offline Reedman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Convicted child rapist moving back nearby
« on: August 16, 2008, 03:10:38 AM »
This one made national news.  I live about 5 miles from where his house is.  At least his house is in the next county over separated by the mile-wide Susquehanna River.

http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-national/20080816/Child.Rapist.Released/

(Leaving now for a week-long beach vacation.   @O@)
Reedman

1300 gallon pond - midnight & regular shubunkins/sarassa comets/white comets/rosy red minnows.

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Convicted child rapist moving back nearby
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2008, 04:41:12 AM »
Isn't that lovely.   >:( It would worry me to death. 

I know we had a sex offender living on the back side of the block.  I made sure I pointed out the house to the kids, and told them to always watch out if anyone is outside.  If there is, fly by.  This is why I always make them check in each lap they take when riding their bikes.  The person no longer lives there, but the rule still applies.  They're also not allowed to ride around the block by themselves either.

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2008, 06:48:31 AM »
I was amazed to find that when I looked at the local list of sex offenders, I found two names I recognized. One was a customer at the bank I worked at years ago. He was a teen then. The other was a guy I went to school with 50 some years ago. The list doesn't say what the offense is. The other thing I was amazed at was the number of offenders. LOTS OF THEM>

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2008, 04:20:59 PM »
 >:(

Offline Jonna

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 03/09/2006
    • View Profile
    • Blah... blah... blah... Ginger!
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2008, 05:46:12 PM »
I remember when they first put that online, we were all at work looking up our home addresses.  Mine came back with about 100 or more within 10 miles!!  I was amazed until I looked at the addresses and they were all in Tamal, California... that town is completely within San Quentin Prison which was just about 10 miles from my house!  Heh!  Loved that.

Offline Julles

• Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2008, 01:59:11 PM »
Just remember that some sex offenses are an 18 yr old dating a 17 yr old, or a divorced mom who claims falsely out of revenge that her ex touched the kids (one guy got arrested for putting a prescription medicated cream on his daughter's private parts), or a guy urinating in the bushes (a friend of mine served on a trial in such a case).

On the other hand, remember that sex crimes have the WORST recitivism rate of just about any other crime.  It's something they simply cannot stop themselves from doing. 

Offline lorraine1960

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • Live--Love and pond :)
  • With us since: 18/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2008, 11:12:07 AM »
why can't they realize they can't rehabilitate....now since he's been in there his appetite will be tramendous....and ater he kills someones child then they might lock him up for good....its sickening and makes me ill....lorraine
lorraine

Offline HOWELL

• Members
  • With us since: 15/06/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2008, 09:26:46 PM »
lol tamal california hahaha
anyhow yeah i would be worried but not that much im so i dont know i think people can change, i might be kinda dumb, but i belive in hopes
however be careful
Scott I'll miss you buddy... :(

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"