Author Topic: Found another land plant that will bloom in the falls.. and some pond pictures..  (Read 2751 times)

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Everyone probably already knew this but me.. but calidums will bloom in the falls in full sun and they are so happy there..

First time for me that impatients have ever done anything in my stream either.. not sure I like it though.. I cant see my falls much.

Offline Kittyzee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
STUNNING Tink!  Colors are wonderful!!  You should be proud of all your hard work, it's paid off.... 8)
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline Vickie

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
I think it is beautiful.

Offline mcp

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
    • View Profile
Looking great tink. Love the waterfall and impatients. You have out did yourself this year. @O@
McKean County Pa. zone 5

Offline MikeW

• Members
    • View Profile
In a word - wow. Was that the slope you were having all the issues in covering? If so, double wow.

I just love a riot of colour!

Cheers,

Mike

Los Angeles California Zone 10

Anytime I see something screech across a room and latch onto someone's neck, and the guy screams and tries to get it off, I have to laugh, because what is that thing?

Offline greenthumbnails

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 19/07/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Wow, your garden is huge...who gets to water it? 
I didn't know about Caladiums liking wet feet and full sun either until I read your post.  I thought they were only land plants and prefered the shade.

I believe I see a nice big pink lotus flower on that huge lotus plant off to the left.  Do you by any chance fertilize it to get it to do that?

My next female cat will be called "Whata Lily"!

Offline small fish

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
WOW... to have such a hill to work with .... and you have done such a good job with it... love the color and plant texture   @O@  and I need a total list of the plants in this pic.. {:-P;;

Myra
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 08:11:45 PM by small fish »
Myra Shreveport, LaZone 8A

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
Wow! Tink, your waterfall, pond and garden are looking especially beautiful!  I like the caladium in the waterfall.  Are they bareroot or is there soil in there too?

Thanks for showing your beautiful creation!

Offline Jonna

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 03/09/2006
    • View Profile
    • Blah... blah... blah... Ginger!
Really Tink, that hill and pond looks spectacular.  I'm really impressed and I think you have done wonders with it.  Luscious!   o(:-)

Offline Ruthie

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • Monique
  • With us since: 08/07/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Everything looks fabulous, Tink.  wow!!!!!  so beautiful!!!!!!

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
Good job Tinkster. All your hard work is paying off.

Offline KatFish

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Members
  • With us since: 20/05/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
 8-)~ Wow!  Now come do mine....  ;)

Offline Indiana Karen

• Members
    • View Profile
Very colorful Tink.  I've tried the impatients, but they didn't look nearly as nice as yours.   You have done a great job covering your slope.  I bet you have a hard time going in the house.

Karen

Offline tranquility

• Trade Count: (72)
  • Members
    • View Profile
all I can say is WOW....I just love the way the 2 types of moneywort mingles and flows from your pots...
Lawanna
Life is too short...... Live, Love, Laugh !!!!

Oklahoma-45 min. from Ganderville
Zone 7a :)

Offline Johns

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • Garden Endeavors
Beautiful, absolutely beautiful!

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
That is absolutely beautiful.  I didn't know they bloomed.

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline landey1230

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Members
  • Zone 9b
  • With us since: 30/07/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
You somehow did the impossible.  You made you waterfall look better.  I'm even more envious.   o(:-)
Alfonso

Offline purplepshn2004

• Members
  • me
    • View Profile
Joy,

How could you not be happy with that, the beauty of the flowers takes away from nothing!!!!  You couldn't ask for a more beautiful setting!!!!!!!!!!  @O@

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
I believe I read that caladiums grew along river banks in some places in S. America but I never thought of putting them in the water.  The plantings and your pond look great.  Are the caladiums bare root or are they tucked in soil?
American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline finnpond

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
    • View Profile
 8)

Man oh Man!!!!!  That's really nice Tinkster!!!!  Beautiful Job!!!!  I, too, am curious if the Caladiums are bare-rooted or have soil attached....   

Popcorn???? 

Take Care...  Dave

Offline bunny56lbc

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/09/2006
    • View Profile
WOW , tink ! That look's Great ! All the work you've put into it has payed off !

bonnie

Offline crazyfishlady

• Members
  • With us since: 30/07/2007
    • View Profile
    • Graphic Design by Dianne
I am in total awe. I drug my husband in here and said that is how I wish my pond looked.
Dianne,
I'm really not crazy, I just talk to my fish.
[img width= height= alt=" border="0]http://3dflags.com/art/comps/usane01/3dflags_usane01-0001a.gif[/img] Nebraska
www.diannesgraphicdesign.com

Offline pegs pond

• Members
  • With us since: 14/08/2008
    • View Profile
OMG Tink this is gorgeous!  I hope mine looks half that good!
Peg

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
    • View Profile
thanks so much for the kind remarks.. its always encouraging espeically when your still in the planning/making changes part and not sure where you want it to go next :)

The calidums was quiet by mistake.  I thought they were taro (most likely dead) bulbs with no sprouts so I just laid them in the stream with the impatients , there was quiet a few of them and I found alot washed down in the big pond but the 6 of them are huge and they are the ones that lay right at the bottom of the falls in what I would call a big splash of water, it moves fast over them but doesnt really cover them with water, in fact is pretty shallow water there. 

Dave... the popcorn can was a downer.. it started out so pretty with a vinning type blue flower then it kind of fizzled out and died on me  but it was suppose to be a planter :)

Greenthumbs... I use the ocsomite and compost on my lotus like from joyce and lawanna tutorials.  This particular lotus though didnt get anything. I devided her early and very prematurely trying to share her with someone and she almost died so I didnt do anything as far as fertilizing and shes had 5 blooms, not a great amount, but she did survive :)

tinkster

« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 08:40:50 PM by tinkster »

Offline reddad35

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 23/08/2008
    • View Profile
Everytime someone tells me to be patient I see a picture like this. That is beautiful. Thank you for sharing. I can understand you saying you can't see the falls, but it does look spectacular there. In the Photos the falls are easy to see if that helps you relax any. congrats to you and your garden. Jim

Offline tweetybaby2005

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Members
  • Proud mom to a child with Autism
  • With us since: 21/05/2008
    • View Profile
    • http://banners.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates_both/language/www/US/KS/Wichita.gifhttp://banners.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates_both/language/www/US/KS/Wichita.gif
Great pix Tinkster.  O0  I see that you have a banana plant.  Do you move it indoor during winter or just leave it planted in the ground?  I got one this year and have no idea what to do with it when winter comes.

Kuan

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"