Author Topic: Pink Ribbon Escapes!  (Read 1818 times)

Offline Joyce

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • location: Southold, North Fork, Long Island, New York, Zone 7B
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Albums
Pink Ribbon Escapes!
« on: August 20, 2008, 08:53:03 AM »
Pink Ribbon jumped it's pot..the biggest blooms are growing from the bottom of the pond. That biggest one is 7+" wide.  :clap:

8)
Peace to all  ... Joyce

Breast Cancer Survivor

“Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature.
It will never fail you.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline Julles

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Pink Ribbon Escapes!
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 08:56:27 AM »
Beautiful

I like seeing the pics, 'cause it's been raining here for days, and now that I have the two new lilies covered with blooms, none of them will open.

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008, 09:05:37 AM »
It looks like Pink Ribbon is a good performer. Where would I get one? They sure are pretty and seeing Cancer seems to be part of my life, I might as well grow one.

Right now I'm embroidering on 92 tshirts for a Race for the Cure fund raiser for a lady. There's an event Friday, Saturday and Sunday called Metro Cruise and she wants to sell them there. Otherwise the actual cancer fund raiser run isn't until Sept 27. Now I'm sorry I said I'd do it. When it started, the lady wanted the phrase "Let's Race for the Cure" in an arch with a pink ribbon in the center. Now she's added the name of a company that is funding the purchase of the shirts. Then she wanted to add the name of her fundraiser team.  GRRRR Each one would be in a different place on the shirt. I managed to talk her out of the team name. AND ON TOP of it all, she didn't get the shirts to me until Tuesday and wants  them by Friday. HA, she'll be lucky if she get a dozen.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 10:50:28 AM by Esther »

Offline EagleEye

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • zone 5, Sauk City, WI
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2008, 10:11:46 AM »
Holy cow Joyce,

That's Amazing & Gorgeous, and look at all them blooms O0

Steve
My Biggest Worry Is That the other half (when I'm dead)  Will Sell My Fishing Stuff For What I Said I Paid For It

Offline Indiana Karen

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2008, 12:00:48 PM »
Beautiful!  She could escape in my pond anytime.

Offline tweetybaby2005

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Members
  • Proud mom to a child with Autism
  • With us since: 21/05/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • http://banners.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates_both/language/www/US/KS/Wichita.gifhttp://banners.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates_both/language/www/US/KS/Wichita.gif
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2008, 12:05:17 PM »
One word - BEAUTIFUL!!! O0 O0 o(:-) o(:-)  Now that my new pond is 95% complete, they can escape to my pond!!   @O@

Kuan

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2008, 12:17:25 PM »
So Kuan, did I miss the pictures?

Offline greenthumbnails

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 19/07/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2008, 02:12:47 PM »
Joyce- When it "jumps its pot" does it have a runner root connected to the main plant? And does this mean that when it grows in the smaller pots like your 1/2 barrel the flowers are smaller vs when in your large pond?

My next female cat will be called "Whata Lily"!

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2008, 04:15:45 PM »
The tuber goes right over the edge and the roots just hang down in the water until they can root in the bottom if you have a natural pond.

Offline tweetybaby2005

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Members
  • Proud mom to a child with Autism
  • With us since: 21/05/2008
    • View Profile
    • http://banners.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates_both/language/www/US/KS/Wichita.gifhttp://banners.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates_both/language/www/US/KS/Wichita.gif
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2008, 07:41:50 PM »
Esther, new pond pix are forth coming.   :)  We just finished the waterfall and let it dry for 2 days.  DH just filled up the pond and did a test run yesterday evening.  We are waiting for it to run till this weekend so the concrete gets "washed" a bit then empty the pond and refill.  The water is now pea soup green and has lots of dirt, sand, and bits of concretes.  Will empty and clean it all then refill with clean water.  Will also add my old filter media in to give it a jump start with some good bacteria.  Fishies won't go in until after Labor Day.  Just want to be patient and let the pond water 'age' a bit.

So far so good and there is no leak.  Thank heaven for that!!   lol

Joyce - Sorry to hijack your post.

Kuan

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2008, 09:09:30 PM »
she is stunning!

tinkster

Offline Joyce

• Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Albums
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2008, 10:59:26 AM »
Thanks everyone..she is a performer!
Look at the amount and size of buds coming up!  O0

greenthumbnails, wheh it jumps it's pot, the tuber grows over the edge, down the side of the pot and into the mud at the bottom of the pond...THEN it roots itself into the mud.
Eventually the two plants separate, cuz her on eastern LI, the winds are so strong, the pots can get dragged around the bottom of the pond from the pads getting blown at the surface!

I will be dividing PR sometime next year. Don't know how many divisions I will have,
so can not promise any one a division right now except for a couple people I have already made arrangements with.
Peace to all  ... Joyce

Breast Cancer Survivor

It will never fail you.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2008, 01:21:13 PM »
Joyce, is the PR for sale to the public anywhere, do you know? Just got a PM telling about Lillypons. So when I read the description, it sounds like it gets pretty big, which would make sense with what Joyce has shown. Maybe I hadn't better get one that large and stick with a more medium size one. My pond is only 10 X 12 or so.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 02:13:29 PM by Esther »

Offline Joyce

• Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Albums
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2008, 04:52:01 PM »
Yes, Lilyponds has it. :)
And yes, even when it was potted in the barrel, it grew from a pinkie tip sized tuber to a full grown blooming 4-5' wide lily from this spring to mid summer.
Of course I had it potted my special way, in a big bushel sized pot...but still I have never had a little bit of a root grow into a mature sized lily so quickly.
One notable feature I can say about Pink Ribbon, the buds are very round shaped, a little bigger than a chicken egg.  8)
Peace to all  ... Joyce

Breast Cancer Survivor

It will never fail you.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline louis

• Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • Lou's Views
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2008, 06:28:32 PM »
Hi Joyce, boy they look great. mine is finally giving some blooms.

lou

Offline marla

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 14/02/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2008, 10:43:36 AM »
Oh Joyce that is a beautiful lily, love the depth of pink it has.....I now have another one on my wish list of a color I don't have.
Adopt the pace of nature;
Her secret is patience.
Town of Genesee, WI  zone 4

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"