Author Topic: my trip to Minnesota got moved up, Gustov...  (Read 971 times)

Offline purplepshn2004

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • me
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
my trip to Minnesota got moved up, Gustov...
« on: August 29, 2008, 10:06:14 PM »
Hi all,

I have been awaiting my trip to Minneapolis, MN on Wed., the 3rd of Sept., to see my two DD's (I haven't seen them in almost two years).   

Leaving from Mobile, AL (got a post on Delta's website today, travel may be impacted due to Gustov).  Got on the phone with the travel agent in MN and am know leaving out on Sunday, the 31st. 

Will get to see my oldest DD (I'm going to here place) three extra days.  She had a hard time containing herself at work today (she works at credit union and is attending college (graduates in Dec. 08, - getting married in May, 09) she is so excited to see her mommy (LOL).  Her co-workers told her to settle down or she would have a heart attack! 

I have one suitcase (to be put in baggage) full of an afghan?? for one of my daughters (the other one is still in the works), 5 winter scarves that I crotched for my DD's and a few of their friends and some clothes and stuff for them.  It will be empty on my way home. 

I have one carry on bag - stuffed to the brim, and of course my purse jammed as full as I can get it!

Even though it doesn't look at the moment like Gustov is heading directly our way, I had to do something to see my girls.   I am also going to have friends take me to Mobile and keep my truck at their place further away for protection (hopefully)..

Wish us luck here in AL as I am wishing all luck in LA and TX, or where ever this hurricane may make land!!!  I want to come back to my fiance, my rental house, and an airport (never been through a hurricane before, as I am from South Dakota).

Sorry for the long boring story, felt like talking tonight, am anxious and nervous, don't travel much (not to mention by my lonely - how old am I, LOL!!!)

Offline Sunbeam56

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 30/03/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: my trip to Minnesota got moved up, Gustov...
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2008, 06:31:32 AM »
I'm glad you are getting out early. You are going to get a double whammy - Labor Day travelers and Gustav evac'ees.
But what a treat to see your DDs!  @O@

Stay safe.
Stay patient.
Take a book... preferably one you have already read once, can enjoy again, and won't get so engrossed in that you miss your call at the airport. :)

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2008, 11:40:13 AM »
Isn't the RNC convention for McCain in Minneapolis at the same time?  That airport will likely be a mess as well...  In any event, happy trails  :)
American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 05:04:23 AM »
Hope your trip is going well. Also hope there's no ill effects from the hurricane.

Offline purplepshn2004

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • me
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 08:54:40 PM »
Hi all,

Got back home to AL on Tuesday afternoon around 3:30.  Trip was great!  Had good time with my girls, met my oldest's fiance.  Ate too much food, was ran around everywhere meeting people!  Am wore out and glad to be back home with my fiance, even though I will miss my kids dearly.  But, I will be there again in May 09 for her wedding! 

The first day I arrived there was in the 80's and then went down hill from there...but felt pretty darn good...a break from the heat.   

Got to visit with my mom and 2nd to youngest sister for a few hours in a town a few hours away from my daughters, had some laughs in the park!

Well, that's it for now, tired here! 

And no ill effects from the hurricane (Gustave) here.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"