Author Topic: Who has moss/type plant growing around trees or somewhere in their yard?  (Read 1408 times)

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Looking for some kind of mossy stuff.  The door that I made my neighbor to go at the base of his tree, he added a small roof.  Now he's wanting something in the mossy catagory to grow around it.  I believe I have created a monster by giving him the door.  Now he's driving me nuts. 

Help me out guys, give me some ideas.

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline marla

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 14/02/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Who has moss/type plant growing around trees or somewhere in their yard?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 09:07:07 PM »
Some people are never satisfied.  I have moss growing in many different places in the yard.  I rememer once seeing something on TV about growing moss, they even had a recipe......all I remember is it was mixed with milk I think and maybe ground up moss, and painted on.  You might be able to search for a recipe.  I'd send you some but I would think it would be cheaper to go to a park or woods and find some.
Adopt the pace of nature;
Her secret is patience.
Town of Genesee, WI  zone 4

Offline pegs pond

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 14/08/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 10:56:30 PM »
Kim we have moss all over!  The bag of top soil I just bought had a beautiful lining of it!  If you want some just send me  your address and I'll put some in a zip lock bag and send to you. 
Peg

Offline Johns

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Garden Endeavors
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 05:45:10 AM »
Moss recipe:

In a blender, add 1 pt real buttermilk  (not the low fat kind)  to 4 tblspoons of several moss variety samples.  Blend.  Paint the mixture on any rock or surface you wish to have moss growing on.  Keep moist for several weeks.

Offline Bonnie

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 09:32:05 AM »
Kim we have alot of moss here too plus loads at our new property in the woods so if you ever need any, give me a shout!

I've read many that have good experience with the recipe from Johns.  With relocating, etc. it's best to get a spray bottle and fill with water to mist.

btw, I'd love to see this door that you made! :)

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2008, 05:19:20 PM »
Sorry it took me so long to get back to you all on this.  Thanks for all the input and the receipe Johns, and Marla.  And Peg, I might just do that along with you Bonnie. 

Bonnie, go and look at Perplexed mini pond pictures.  Theres a pic of the door there, not recent since he's put his two cents in.  Now he's adding windows on the tree.   

All he talks about is gnomes, hobbits, Lord of the Rings.  I'm beginning to think theire really living inside of his tree. 

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"