Author Topic: as requested pond pics.  (Read 2851 times)

Offline marla

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 14/02/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
as requested pond pics.
« on: September 02, 2008, 08:06:55 PM »
As asked for by Julles and perplexed ponder pictures of my ponds,I took these today so please forgive the lack of green in the grass, but we are in a drought.....no measureable rain in almost 2 months, the only good thing is it's been that long since I've had to cut grass.

The main pond/falls built in 2004, finished in late Aug. took about 2 months start to finnish.  DIY..shovel by shovel aprox 22' X 14' at the widest, 11' at the narrowest deepest area about 33", runs a 7500gph pump.  This pond is rock lined probably half the rocks in and around the pond came from the digging the rest from the tree line here or at my parents...they have a virtual stone pit, even the lannon/flagstone.

The little upper pond (aprox. 3'x7'x18"), DH built one weekend while I was at work, done shortly after the main pond, we have a small 250gph pump in the skimmer that feeds this pond and then it gravity feeds back down to the falls in the main pond.  Used as a veggie filter of sorts, we usually add a few baby goldfish for the summer.

The lily pond, built last year.   DIY again, aprox. 18'x13' and has a channel that is about 10' long but the bridge is 3' wide so it seem shorter, varies in depths from 12" to 36".  This one has an 1800gph pump, and DIY skimmer/filter. It was supose to be just for lilies, but this year we added the goldfish, but a few males we left in with the koi.  This pond is just liner bottom, easier to slide pots around, again the surrounding rocks came from here, my folks and also we went to DH's family farm (since the 1800's) that his Aunt  lived at and got stones from the old milkhouse so those are placed specialy.  We plan on getting a few more from there yet.   The lily pond and main pond are not connected, but the overflow from the main pond does flow to the lilypond, if and when we get lots of rain, like this spring or I forget to turn the hose off when doing a water change :o

And a couple combo views for perspective.

Adopt the pace of nature;
Her secret is patience.
Town of Genesee, WI  zone 4

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: as requested pond pics.
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 08:33:38 PM »
Beautiful pond and natural like surroundings!  Oh so envious of all your space!  Thanks for sharing another view of your pond!

Offline small fish

• Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 09:42:42 PM »
Love the rock you have for the main pond.... with the other ponds and landscaping you have great creativity in using your space  @O@   @O@

Myra
Myra Shreveport, LaZone 8A

Offline Jonna

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 03/09/2006
    • View Profile
    • Blah... blah... blah... Ginger!
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 02:39:06 PM »
Beautiful yard, it's so large and so well designed. I'm really impressed.  The rocks and the stone work are wonderful.  I love how the ponds look connected, it gives a really natural flow to it all.  Just stunning! Thanks for posting the pics.

Offline Sonny

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 13/10/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 04:48:25 PM »
Very pretty!  Love your pond.  In fact, your entire yard looks very well cared for.  Thanks for the inspiring pictures.   o(:-)
Jim

Offline rdrboone

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 12/09/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2008, 05:18:12 PM »
Your ponds are beautiful. Thanks for the photos.  I love living in the mountains, but sometimes, I really wish that I had more space for larger pond(s).
Ruth
Ruth

Offline Indiana Karen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2008, 07:12:01 AM »
Beautiful ponds!  You have done a lot of landscaping in just a few short years.  Love your waterfall with all the boulders.  I can tell you spend a lot of time out there.  It's very neat and tidy.

Karen

Offline Kat

• Trade Count: (176)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2008, 03:29:09 AM »
Beautiful!  O0 O0
Kat

There is never enough room for all of the water lilies that I want ;-)

Offline lorraine1960

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • Live--Love and pond :)
  • With us since: 18/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2008, 03:54:03 PM »
WOW  o(:-) o(:-) o(:-) I LOVE IT.YOU HAVE PUT ALOT OF WORK INTO THAT......... :P   LORRAINE
lorraine

Offline HOWELL

• Members
  • With us since: 15/06/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2008, 09:35:00 PM »
marla so loveley wouldnt it be loverly!!!!!!!, lol my fair lady :D
but i think i fell in love  ;) (i am so winking at your pond) you should post more pics this pond is so cute i love itttttt o(:-)
Scott I'll miss you buddy... :(

Offline marla

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2008, 11:25:29 PM »
Thanks everyone for the nice comments, we have gotten rain in the weeks since I posted these pictures so now the grass is again green (had to cut it Fri.) and things luck much more lush again.
Her secret is patience.

Offline EagleEye

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • zone 5, Sauk City, WI
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2008, 07:40:03 PM »
Let me say that I have had the pleasure of visiting Marla's ponds /gardens and they are beautiful. Here in Wisconsin, we can't pick our weather, so if it's dry or wet, we take what we get.
Marla and her husband have created some beautiful ponds and gardens!

Steve
My Biggest Worry Is That the other half (when I'm dead)  Will Sell My Fishing Stuff For What I Said I Paid For It

Offline marla

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2008, 09:20:46 PM »
Steve, thank you so much for your kind words.  It was a pleasure having you visit, something I think anyone that has the chance to visit another forum member and meet should do, it is a great experience.  I will now have to pay you a visit, but may wait till spring so I can see your pond and yard in it's full glory.
Her secret is patience.

Offline avance

• Members
  • www.avance.pixbox.se
  • With us since: 19/02/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2009, 12:11:55 AM »
Hi Marla! Fantastic pond!! I like it :) :) :) /Björn

Offline marla

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2009, 06:35:56 AM »
Hi Marla! Fantastic pond!! I like it :) :) :) /Björn
Björn, thanks for the compliment
Her secret is patience.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"