Author Topic: By popular demand!  (Read 1709 times)

Offline PondmaninAL

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • Pond God
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
By popular demand!
« on: September 03, 2008, 08:19:52 PM »
I finally did some pics of the yard. Don't go to sleep looking at them. ::) Sorry for the long post.

Here is the front of the house

and the front porch.

Here is the carport, that my wife and I built, and the workshop.

A better view of the workshop.

The potting shed that I added to the side of the workshop.

The back deck.

Here is my wife's little pond.

Her water lilies are filling in nicely.

My wife's newest addition. A 1988 Chevy Camaro RS.

Here is a chicken pen that was here when we moved in. My wife took the roof off to use on the carport. I'll probably take down the rest later.

Now for pond shots.

This is my duckweed that I haven't figured where to put it yet. I put a dunk in there after the pic was taken.

This is one of the turtle sand boxes that has mainly my eel grass in it.

Here is a couple pics of the fish.

The lily pond.

Yes, I know what's in there.

The plant filter.

Yes, I know what's in that one as well.

This is an earlier pic of the filter when there were blooms.

Here is the whole thing.

Here's a shot showing the fountain, frog spitter, and plant filter running. Three different pumps.

This is the 4x10 trough that I will hopefully be finishing this week end.

Here is the bald cypress, the banana trees, and the banana tree bloom.

The lotus pond, which ain't doing so well right now.

The back of the workshop where the woodworking is done.

My future gazebo roof.

My wife filled in all the holes with fiberglass. I will prime and paint it now.

The Spanish Dagger that we repotted.

This pic is a little dark but it is three kiddie pools of marginals, two of which need cleaning out and repotting, and all of the terrestrial plants. All of this will be moved closer to the ponds later.

This one is a little better but from the other side.

This is where the blocks, pavers, borders, and empty barrels are being kept for now.

And finally, my new personalized tag.

Happy ponding,
Scott o(
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

ALABAMA!! 2010 BCS National Champion!!

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Offline Sunbeam56

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 30/03/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: By popular demand!
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 12:00:30 AM »
Whooo weeee - that's a lot of projects.  @O@

Nice yaller dog, too.  o(:-)

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 09:31:04 AM »
That is exactly what I was thinking too. Lot of projects! Nice piece of land you've got there.  O0
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2008, 10:18:34 AM »
Very nice handywork!  Looks like you can put a lake somewhere on that property!!!  @O@  I like the variety of plants you are growing, too.

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2008, 12:10:50 PM »
Wow, what a lot of work ahead of you. But it will be fun organizing, building, painting, and planting. Keep us posted.

Offline PondmaninAL

• Members
  • Pond God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2008, 05:21:11 PM »
Sunbeam, the "yaller dog" is Frances Jeanne. If the spelling looks familiar, she is named after the two hurricanes. She is somewhere around 4yo now. She loves being a supervisor, always in the way. :)

Annette, after Fay, there was a lake around the ponds. That was when I was glad that they were above ground.

Esther, I miss my projects. I've finally got my muscle back the way they were before I started working that posh little job where I sat for most of the day. The projects will help me lose even more weight. I started out at 285lbs and at the time that I first visited the doctor, I weighed 245lbs. As of last night, I was down to 232 lbs. The Cardiologist wants me down to 200lbs. I just need to discipline myself at Christmas time unlike I did last year.

I finally got the shed ready to do some work in which means finishing the 4x10 trough and maybe starting one of the others.

Happy ponding,
Scott o(
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Offline El Jefe

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Senior Chief USN Ret
  • With us since: 09/11/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2008, 05:59:11 PM »
Scott nice pictures!! Think I need to come ab visit just to pick your brain. Andy
… The soul is dyed the color of it’s thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day. The content of your character is your choice, Day by day, what you choose, what you think and what you do is WHO you become. Your integrity is your destiny, it is the light that guides your way……

Offline PondmaninAL

• Members
  • Pond God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2008, 06:09:26 PM »
Scott nice pictures!! Think I need to come and visit just to pick your brain. Andy

Just give me some notice first but you are welcome anytime Andy.

Happy ponding,
Scott o(
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2008, 06:34:43 PM »
Wow nice lot and projects.  The satisfaction is so good when you make it the way YOU want it.
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline PondmaninAL

• Members
  • Pond God
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2008, 06:42:06 PM »
Thanks Jerry.

What I'm trying to do with the gazebo is use all recycled lumber to build it. Once I inventory all the new lumber and old lumber and set aside what I need to build three troughs, then I can tell if I will have enough for a bridge and the gazebo platform or floor. I know that I have enough for the posts and lattice.

Scott
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

Offline small fish

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2008, 08:46:18 PM »
Hey, wish I had a DIY guy to help with projects like that. I just love that kind of stuff... saw a number of things I would like to build or borrow from you ... like a shed for the wood, a potting shed, a lotus pond... humm, so little time ... so much to do.... lol

Myra
Myra Shreveport, LaZone 8A

Offline PondmaninAL

• Members
  • Pond God
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2008, 06:42:40 PM »
Myra, the potting shed is all recycled wood and roofing except for one 2x6 (or 2x4). The roofing was just laying on the ground behind the chicken pen. I had to use one piece that was on the chicken pen but the rest of that was used on the carport for my wife. The carport was all new wood. The firewood shed was already there but was on the side where the potting shed is now. I took it apart and put it back together with screws. The lotus pond has treated 2x12 sides that I found already made into a box but they were nailed together and had concrete backer board for the bottom. That was in the dumpster at the mini storage where we have a unit rented. The 4x10 trough is all new wood. The other three troughs will be a combination of old and new. I'm also going to use old wood to make skirting to go around both stock tanks to blend them in with the rest of the pond. Is there anything I forgot? When I say "old" or "new" wood, I'm referring to all treated lumber.

Happy ponding,
Scott o(
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"